Artemis launch rescheduled for this Saturday September 3rd.

Does anyone have any experience with arriving the day of a launch? We are coming from WDW at 10am for an 11:30am PAT via private transfer. Do we need to worry about traffic that early?

Probably should worry … It is a Saturday , it is the beach , and a holiday weekend , and a Space Launch… the biggest Space launch and very historical . All the resorts were Sold Out for the Monday morn launch that was cancelled due to weather….I think I saw the traffic report that early morn : traffic moved 6 inches in one hour .

Does anyone have any experience with arriving the day of a launch? We are coming from WDW at 10am for an 11:30am PAT via private transfer. Do we need to worry about traffic that early?
They're only expecting 200,000 or more people to be there.:eek:

We are leaving on the Fantasy this Saturday. Thanks for the heads up on this. What pick up time would be recommend for us? Right now before I knew about the launch, we have private transfers picking us up at 9:30 am from the Polynesian to the Port for our 11:00am PAT planned for a quick Publix stop on the way. Any local knowledge or experience regarding the traffic concerns due to the launch would be greatly appreciated. I will also call our private transfer company in the morning and see what’s up as well. This is why I love these boards!

Well darn it! Hoping it was moved to Sunday/Monday so I could perhaps catch a glimpse from Miami. Oh well. I think I should be grateful to be out of the fray. Sounds awesome, but messy.

Oh yeah traffic is going to be horrendous. You won't miss your cruise but prepared for the possibility of missing your PAT

We are leaving on the Fantasy this Saturday. Thanks for the heads up on this. What pick up time would be recommend for us? Right now before I knew about the launch, we have private transfers picking us up at 9:30 am from the Polynesian to the Port for our 11:00am PAT planned for a quick Publix stop on the way. Any local knowledge or experience regarding the traffic concerns due to the launch would be greatly appreciated. I will also call our private transfer company in the morning and see what’s up as well. This is why I love these boards!
I would absolutely get in touch with your car service and ask their advice. If the Publix stop is in Cocoa Beach, you need to shift it to Orlando.

The challenge is that there are essentially 2 routes and I expect both will have very heavy traffic for a launch that is at mid-day on Saturday during a holiday weekend.

Is there any way to spend the night before in the port area? I know hotels may be sold out at this point.

Last edited:
You know between pre-testing tomorrow and possible storms in the Atlantic, now we get to have this added stress too? Geesh.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/...nasa-tries-again-friday-labor-day/7937419001/

1661951693218.png

1661951726732.png

Yup you’ve been there during a launch? Yup we need to worry about traffic at 11am?
Yup on both. Been there for a shuttle launch when it was old news and the traffic was still rough. As other people have said this is a new launch vehicle so more people want to see it.

Got in Monday morning on RCCL. Hung around port hoping to see the launch. When it was scrubbed, we were in our car by 8:40. Took us 3 hours to reach MCO. Luckily our flight wasn't until 2:00. Hopefully those sailing Saturday will get to see it. Perfect view from the ship.

I'm one of the people who will be dealing with this mess to try to board the Fantasy. Once we're on, we'll have the best seat for the launch... the getting there sounds like a nightmare, and trying to figure out how much time to add to our normally 2-hour drive is stressful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter