Artist Point Confirmed to Become a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Character Dinner

As a mom of little girls I’m intrigued by this character meal choice and by everyone’s responses here. Yes, Snow White is a princess but far from the “princesses” my girls swoon for. Definitely not in the top 5 of most little girls lists. They love Tiana, Rapunzel, Ariel, Belle most for the contemporary factor. And by the addition of the witch (which my girls will be terrified by), is Disney trying to maintain this as a welcoming place for adults and not turning it into a place more geared towards children? Personally, this will not be a restaurant on our list for our princess obsessed girls, even though I know I’d likely get a much better meal here than CRT. I’m not critiquing Disney in any way. I’m happy with this choice. I think they maybe went with a classic disney vision and away from an appeal of 4 year olds.

No choice for appetizers. Shared for the table. Same for desert. Sigh. The characters are cool and a photo op with the queen is intriguing but call me silly I do like choosing my food. No objection to fixed price but at least give me some choices.

I’ll be passing on this most likely. Guessing the food will not be the reason for bookings and Disney knows this.

Now that the news has been confirmed, I have mixed feelings about this. Im very excited because it is snow white and two of the dwarfs, plus the evil queen. Very rare opportunity. I can see this making a lot of money. Im glad they're making it a price fix meal. While at the same time, I will miss the Artist Point as a true signature (minus the characters). Simply because my meals have always been fantastic and I have always enjoyed the peaceful yet beautiful atmosphere. Oh well. Change is good. Cant wait to see what this place looks like when it reopens.

If, currently, there are no reservations available after Nov. 11th, what would be your best guess as to when this would start??

If, currently, there are no reservations available after Nov. 11th, what would be your best guess as to when this would start??
I would think by Thanksgiving week. I've heard they aren't giving the restaurant a complete refurb. I would expect they would want it available for Holiday bookings. With that said, Winter technically starts December 21st, so I could definitely be wrong.

I’m very sad to see Artist Point go this direction (we loved it in part because it tended to be the quietest signature on property). That being said, the last time we ate there, I thought the food and service took a step down from our previous visits, which were all excellent (somewhere between 2014 and 2017, the management of this restaurant went south).

While this will almost certainly remain a two credit restaurant, I’m expecting the quality of the food and service to be more like CRT than a true signature, which will be a shame. And Disney will be able to get away with it because most of the people who book this won’t know the difference or won’t care.

I hope this isn’t the ultimate fate of other resort signatures.

No choice for appetizers. Shared for the table. Same for desert. Sigh. The characters are cool and a photo op with the queen is intriguing but call me silly I do like choosing my food. No objection to fixed price but at least give me some choices.

I’ll be passing on this most likely. Guessing the food will not be the reason for bookings and Disney knows this.
I don't think we know that yet. It could be like BOG where you have several options to choose from

I would think by Thanksgiving week. I've heard they aren't giving the restaurant a complete refurb. I would expect they would want it available for Holiday bookings. With that said, Winter technically starts December 21st, so I could definitely be wrong.
I honestly dont think it'll be available for thanksgiving week (im talking about booking ADRs for xmas time, or the restaurant itself being available). Thats too soon. Im not hopeful that it'll be open for xmas either. But hey, stranger things have happened i suppose.

My kids would LOVE this as they really like 7 dwarves, and I hope the Evil Queen is as entertaining as Lady Tremaine at 1900 Park Fare. Snow White has had a bit of a popularity resurgence lately with ABC's Once Upon a Time, the DVD release of the classic cartoon not too long ago, and of course the immense popularity of 7DMT.

The "Enchanted Forest-like setting" sounds lovely. I hope they really go all out on the décor, as that has the potential to be really gorgeous.

We loved WL but never ate at AP because we always got the impression children were not as welcome there as some of the other signatures--it was a bit more "white tablecloth." I expect that hurt it a bit, since there always seemed to be oodles of reservation spots available. I know people really liked the food there, but I can't fault Disney for re-imagining a restaurant that simply was not popular.

I don't think we know that yet. It could be like BOG where you have several options to choose from

Disney's official announcement describes "shared starters, a choice of individual plated entrees and ‘sweet spells’ to finish the meal" so it is definitely no choice of appetizers or dessert. I don't mind though, the draw is the characters.

I think they are going to redesign wcc to be more enclosed and quieter, TBH.

I also think the new AP menu will be very dumbed down. The kid options at most character meals are the least common denominator of salt+breading+cheez sauce. Ugh.

I think they are going to redesign wcc to be more enclosed and quieter, TBH.

I also think the new AP menu will be very dumbed down. The kid options at most character meals are the least common denominator of salt+breading+cheez sauce. Ugh.
Or that ridiculous chicken drumstick at CRT.

Yes! I'm not completely against a Snow White/Dwarfs/Evil Queen meal at all, just not thrilled with where it's going because I don't want my beloved mushroom soup may be gone as well as other dishes we enjoyed there. If the food quality stays the same, great! But I highly doubt it will...............

Same for us, as soon as the rumors started I booked AP for our trip next month :goodvibes
The wording of the piece implies the Evil One will be a photo op only situation that requires even more money on top of the price for the meal. I have no desire to see any of the characters at AP, though I would fully endorse a breakfast character meal there. Being prix fixe means it will be dinner which tosses out the notion of high quality food and introduces the madding crowds. Bye, Territory Lounge. In a 180 from your position, ariane, my wife will be at Disney in mid-October with a group of her travel agent friends, and they have now cancelled their long-held AP reservation. My wife and I had our last meal there back in July of 2017, and that will likely be our last ever in that space.

The wording of the piece implies the Evil One will be a photo op only situation that requires even more money on top of the price for the meal. I have no desire to see any of the characters at AP, though I would fully endorse a breakfast character meal there. Being prix fixe means it will be dinner which tosses out the notion of high quality food and introduces the madding crowds. Bye, Territory Lounge. In a 180 from your position, ariane, my wife will be at Disney in mid-October with a group of her travel agent friends, and they have now cancelled their long-held AP reservation. My wife and I had our last meal there back in July of 2017, and that will likely be our last ever in that space.
I am not seeing that implication in the article, that the Queen photo op would cost extra: I assumed it would be included like Cinderella at CRT.

Are there actually any paid character meets around WDW?

Photo op will not be extra. As you come in you will be ushered to meet the Queen and take a photo - before moving on to being seated.

Similar to Belle at Akershus or Cinderella at Cinderellas Royal Table.

So excited for this! Wanted to try BBB at DS next summer for my DD and niece since we have only done it at MK. Was trying to think of somewhere special for dinner after, not in a park, and this will be perfect if I can get a reservation!!

Last edited:
Disney's official announcement describes "shared starters, a choice of individual plated entrees and ‘sweet spells’ to finish the meal" so it is definitely no choice of appetizers or dessert. I don't mind though, the draw is the characters.
Totally missed that.

I will miss Artist Point and what it offered to the resort.
I like the addition of a character dining experience, just not at the expense of a signature restaurant. I'm surprised they're eliminating a fine dining experience to put in a restaurant geared towards children. The change means Whispering Canyon Café (basically next door) will be competing for a similar demographic. I also wonder what this will mean for Territory Lounge. From what I recall, Artist Point and TL have some overlap on their menus.

In a 180 from your position, ariane, my wife will be at Disney in mid-October with a group of her travel agent friends, and they have now cancelled their long-held AP reservation. My wife and I had our last meal there back in July of 2017, and that will likely be our last ever in that space.

Why is your wife canceling her October reservation? As a form of protest?? My understanding is AP will remain with its current menu/atmosphere/no characters until Nov 10th, when it’ll close and then reopen sometime in the winter as a character meal. Most people who are current fans are anxious to get in one last meal, so I would think your wife would be excited that she already has a trip and ADR booked before the change...

The wording of the piece implies the Evil One will be a photo op only situation that requires even more money on top of the price for the meal. I have no desire to see any of the characters at AP, though I would fully endorse a breakfast character meal there. .

I don't see or read in to anything like that.

It says ....

Storybook Dining at Artist Point will invite guests to venture into an Enchanted Forest-like setting inspired by Walt Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” There, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal of fantastic fare with visits from Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy. Delightful music and activities will help bring the classic fairytale to life, and you’ll even have an opportunity for an encounter with The Queen.

Nothing about that implies an extra charge.

I will go with you haven't done character meals. Sometimes with a very popular character have that character apart from the dining room in their own space. You either meet that character before or after your meal, and often there is a photopass photographer there. We don't do much anymore but this has been the case with these for us ...

Be Our Guest with Beast
CRT with Cinderella
1900 Park Fare with Mad Hatter
Akershus with Belle
Tusker House with Donald

My guess is the Evil Queen will have her own spot like the above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter