Artist Rendering of GCV

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I think it looks nice!

http://i235.*************************************GCV.jpg

Very nice indeed. Thanks for posting.

Beautiful! It looks like the possible DVC section may have floor to ceiling windows? That would be fantastic to look over DCA!

Can some one help me orient that. Does the left hand wing go South out of the current GC and then the other wing go West. Or is the right hand wing going South? Don't think that could be the case as there doesn't seem enough room for the left wing to go East?? Hmm...but maybe so. Help, Dwelty or Sleeping Bear et al.

At any rate, it does look beautiful.

What a beautiful addition the GCV will be! Our family stayed at the GC 2 years ago and it is gorgeous and in a wonderful location with the private entrance to DCA and another entrance into DTD! I can't wait for the addition to be built!! :goodvibes

Can some one help me orient that. Does the left hand wing go South out of the current GC and then the other wing go West. Or is the right hand wing going South? Don't think that could be the case as there doesn't seem enough room for the left wing to go East?? Hmm...but maybe so. Help, Dwelty or Sleeping Bear et al.

At any rate, it does look beautiful.

I have been looking at this rendering, and I think I have figured it out. It looks like it will be T shaped as we all asumed. It looks like this was drawn from the vantage point of looking from the existing pool area into one corner of the T. The walk way on the right (thru the building) makes sense since there was an existing access point from the front of the hotel that would be blocked if they did not allow for the walkway. The part of the building on the left of the photo is clearly DVC (Notice the lack of a balcony in on the master bedroom part of the villa). It is one floor shorter than the other section because this part of the building is most visable from DCA. (I assume to reduce visual intrusion into the park) This part of the building that we see faces the pool area. The other side will face DCA. This means that they are giving DVC the better views. THe part of the building on the right are standard rooms, as they will blend in better with the existing structure. This is speculation, but I am fairly sure that this is correct.

P.S. I think that if they start selling a TON of small point contracts, they (could) decide to make the standard rooms into studios as these will be in demand by local DVC owners that now rent rooms for short visits.

Thanks Dwelty. That does make sense to me. In fact could that bit of iron railing on the lower left be existing fence around the pool?

So if you're right, those DVC units on the left will be facing the outdoor fireplace? I love that area!

Looks good, but I was thinking the Grand California was more green/brown in color rather than red?? Again it's a rendering and the actual won't look exactly like the drawing.

hmmmm popcorn:: wonder what they will add Oct 9th...or is it the 6th :confused3 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter