Artwork for housekeepers tips envelopes at Universal Resorts?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
Artwork for housekeepers tips envelopes at Universal Resorts?

Whenever we go to Disney we always leave $5 or so in an envelope. We love making art designs for the envelopes for each day that we have housekeeping.
So we are staying at Universal's Aventura Hotel and like to know what art do you put on your envelopes?

We stayed at Adventura back in 2019 and loved it. My daughter, every morning would write a little thank you note with our tip and be so excited when we got back at the end of the day to a small handwritten note back. This was for 5 days, every day she and that wonderful person would write a little uplifting something to each other. The last day of our stay, they made the cutest little puppy and bear with towels and my daughters' sunglasses. That was our first time ever to experience Universal but made it our favorite place on earth.

When we have tried this, on the first day, staff did not know the tip was inside, and left the envelope. I think we even wrote "Thank you!" on the envelope. I mean this has happened more than once. US staff doesn't always know about the envelopes.

After that, we now leave an envelope, but esp on first day - we also write "tip enclosed" or else leave it so the money is peaking out on one end. Or else we just leave the tip on top of a nice note.

We've done simple dollar origami designs. Then it is obviously a tip.

If we draw characters, they are assorted Universal Characters, or something like Marvel/HP symbols.

I’m pretty basic. I write thank you with a smiley face on a post it note on the tip. If I forget post it notes I write it on the hotel note pad paper and fold it in half with tip exposed. They always get it.

Very similar to mamapenguin, but we leave an envelope every day with our tip inside and write on the front of the envelope it`s for the lady who cleans our room with a smiley face and a thank you.

Since our first stay many years ago the envelope has been taken every day.

Some housekeepers leave a nice note back every few days, and we do get to know them usually as it`s mostly the same one throughout our stay except for their days off.

We do occasionally get towel animals and they have made a fancy wrapper for the glasses we keep our toothbrushes in.....very cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter