Aruba, Oranjestad Port Call during Celebrity Cruise

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Has anyone ever visited Aruba during a cruise?

Was it worth getting off the ship?

thank you.

Has anyone ever visited Aruba during a cruise?

Was it worth getting off the ship?

thank you.
Loved Aruba! Typically a long schedule in port. If you’re up for an adventure, 4 wheelers are a blast. The beach is beautiful and there are some places to eat over the water. Taxis and bus system are easy.

Aruba is my jam. We go straight there and skip the cruise. There is some great shopping right off the cruise port.

Not on a cruise specifically, but I've been to Aruba many years ago as a regular vacation. I loved it and would definitely check it out if you can!

Before Covid almost 1.5 million tourists visited Aruba. And if Google is correct, about half of this number were American tourists. Also half of the visitors, visited the island whilst cruising. So these three seem to mix well, otherwise they wouldn't make this combination ;)

Is there any reason why you think you should stay on the ship? Or is there something about Aruba that turns you off?

I've been to Aruba on a vacation that didn't involve cruising and loved it. My family and I rented a car and enjoyed exploring the island.

my very first cruise over 20 years ago. I can't imagine going back and not getting off the ship. And I will skip ports.

We love Aruba. We've been there once on a cruise and are going back next year.

We got off the cruise ship and basically walked down the line of waiting cabs/cars for hire, chatting with the drivers.

We found a driver we liked and for $50 each for the 2 of us he took us everywhere.

He was very knowledgeable of the island and took us to the usual tourist spots and to a LOT of other places the tourists aren't going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter