As a DVC Member, which resort is your favorite...And Why?

BWV because you can walk to 2 parks. In the fall we go for F&W and walking back to room is so convenient.
AKL, love the Savannah and the restaurants.

Have stayed at SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV, BLT, AKV, and VB. My personal favorite is BWV.

We have stayed at BWV SSR and BLT. We own at BWV and now also SSR and we love them both. We did also like BLT but it's not our favorite. We are staying at poly in July so we will see how we like it there as well and are excited to try it. But as of now favorite is Boardwalk.

Aulani is the best DVC property and my favorite. Blows everything else away, really.

Favorite WDW resort is Polynesian (our home resort). It's hard to explain that feeling that we get there, so I won't try. For my money it's also the best location of any of the Monorail resort in terms of transportation convenience.

If money wasn't an option I'd stay in a Poly Bungalow every single time. Poly has the best collective set of features of all of the monorail properties.

BUT money is an option and given that I think Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best all around DVC property if you consider ALL of the factors such as purchase price, contract expiration year, ease of availability, quality of food, pools, resort appearance, and resort amenities. AKLs really only negatives are location and those long hallways.

Favourites are Crescent Lake resorts but I’m trying BLT this year so will see how it stacks up as have only visited Contemporary, never stayed there.
Least favourite is Animal Kingdom, simply because there is nowhere to run and walk outside. The gyms were busy and I saw many people literally running up and down the car parks. If they’d built that hotel in Europe with all that land around there’s no way there would have been a total lack of any walking or jogging path. The excuse when you email is because of Animal safety, which is BS.
I felt like I was in an all inclusive in the Dominican or somewhere at AKL.

For various reasons we have favorites....

To take advantage of a couple of days away from the parks: Beach Club (Storm Along Bay)
R&R/Beach: Hilton Head
Spaciousness: OKW
Accessibility to Parks: Grand Californian. (followed by BLT, Beach Club & Board Walk)
Overall vibe: AK & Polly

We've changed.... a lot.

Our favorite used to be BWV. We stayed there on our first trip to WDW 21 years ago and we used to love Epcot....It was our first home. (I actually just cancelled F&W ressies there because we just don't like it anymore (and we stayed there every year for F&W).

Once our daughter grew up & moved out, our favorite became SSR. The lack of crowds, combined with the ability to just walk to Disney Springs was so chill compared to the absolute mayhem of trying to relax at any WDW park. This is when we found Uber at WDW.

Now, or favorite is Vero. The rooms are drop dead gorgeous, the tranquility of both the resort and ocean are amazing and the cast is outstanding. They really make you feel like the cast used to at WDW a long time ago.

We may be in the minority, but the crowds have gotten so out of hand at WDW that we're done with all of the WDW parks. We've sold the bulk of our WDW DVC points and now go to Universal if we need a theme park fix. We still stay on WDW property for most trips, then we do some Universal & some Vero. We still love DVC as a whole, but there's no 'unplanned or un-paid for' magic anymore, so we're very saddened by WDW has become. :(

We have been members since 2010 and have stayed at many DVC resorts...we have a few more to try out. However my favorite DVC resort is VGC. I just love the decor, the location of the parks especially the resorts own entrance to DCA. It's just a really pretty resort. My second favorite is BCV for location, decor, SAB, and the atmosphere. My third favorite has to be WL, I just love being near MK and not even realizing how close we are because it feels so secluded. I also love the theme/decor and the atmosphere.

As members we have been fortunate enough to stay at many of the properties, some, numerous times.
VWL(more times than we can count)My personal fave, We own here, started our DVC adventure here, spent many times here as our kids were growing up, got to know Ranger Stan as a friend because of our stays, its peaceful, relaxing, love the vibe it exudes, the soft western themed music in the background, Christmas time, IMO, its the most beautiful resort on property. The crickets at night by lantern flickered walkways make for a great wind down after a busy park day.
OKW
BCV
BWV
Aulani
GCV
SSR
Kidani
BLT

We are newer members and have stayed many places yet. But we bought at Copper Creek because we love the Wilderness Lodge and I LOVE LOVE LOVE CCV.

I have been a member since 2008 and its hard to pick a favorite. I'd say it's a tie between Boardwalk and Bay Lake Tower. Both resorts are within walking distance of the parks which is fantastic. I know Bay Lake Tower doesn't get a lot of love on these boards but it is fantastic if you stay in the larger rooms. Having the extra bathrooms in the one bedroom and two bedroom is a huge bonus, especially with larger parties.

I can’t choose one because I enjoy different aspects, but my favorites are OKW (laid-back and relaxing); BLT (location), and BRV (peaceful). We only just stayed at BRV for the first time in April and we’re now major fans. We are members at OKW and BLT and they’re old friends! 😄

We've stayed OKW, BRV, SSR, VGF and HHI. We like all for different reasons. Our favorite on property will always be BRV. We love the relaxed and rustic atmosphere. You leave the parks and its almost like you're not in Florida anymore. The rooms at OKW were huge and the rooms at VGF were just lovely. We loved sitting in the lobby and listening to the band play in the evenings. SSR is an easy walk to DS and with the transportation hub right there, it's easy to travel between resorts to explore or have a meal.

HHI is our favorite off property location. The CMs are awesome and the resort is themed so well. We own HHI and BRV. The theming at both resorts is so well done that it transports you to someplace magical.

Least favorite...I have to say VGF. I'd always wanted to stay there so when looking for rooms and saw availability, I jumped on it. The resort itself is wonderful but getting to and from any park using Disney transportation (other than MK) can be a bit of a trial in patience. We got stranded coming home from DS one night and had to take a taxi. People were filling the queue and no VGF buses were coming yet other resorts had 2-3 buses come in. We finally boarded the bus of a mono rail resort after 40 minutes wait only to find out they'd closed the monorail. Walking wasn't an option due to construction. Coming from Epcot, we had to stand in line twice for transportation back to the resort. As nice as the resort was, never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter