As a non coffee drinker what am I missing?

I hate coffee. No coffee or coffee drinks- no macchiato, frappuchino, latte, mocha, nothing. Yuck. I can't stand the smell of coffee, or anything coffee flavored.

I figure I am missing out on being addicted to caffeine, spending $$$ on coffee, wasting time and more $$ on standing in line at Starbucks for a high fat, high calorie coffee drink, and having stained teeth.

I like the fancy drinks though like hey can I get a Carmel macchiato latte with cinnamon nope let me get a soda...lol

I love my coffee! No sugar, just a little non-fat milk. I like dark roast; medium is OK. Light roast is like colored-water and pretty much tasteless. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, so I have a Keurig. I love making a cup at a time instead of a whole pot. I usually drink a cup at home before work, and take a cup for the road. At my last job, we had fresh-brewed Starbucks in the break areas. That was awesome. Now that I work at a school, the only option is a Mr. Coffee that brews up Folgers in the staff room, so I bring my own.

I try to stay away from the really sugary drinks at Starbucks. I'll usually get at least one pumpkin spice latte and one eggnog latte during the holidays. Otherwise, I stick to regular coffee or a non-fat latte. In the summer, I mostly get unsweetened iced tea, iced coffee with non-fat milk, and the occasional non-fat, light coffee frapp. My preschool parents must know I love my coffee, because I got three Starbucks gift cards as end-of-the-years gifts. I'm set for the summer!

I like the fancy drinks though like hey can I get a Carmel macchiato latte with cinnamon nope let me get a club soda...lol

I'm in the "love the smell, can't stand the taste" camp. I've only had a sip or two ever just to try it. I ways WANT to like mocha flavored drinks and ice-cream, but nope, hate it. My husband, on the other hand, has "Dunkin" radar. :goodvibes

LOL! I tell people that coffee smells and tastes like burned dirt. Not appetizing to me at all.

This is perfect!! I have been trying to figure out what I was smelling every time I walked by a Starbucks and now I know. Burned dirt!

I have tried coffee twice in my life and made the same face both times..no thanks. A fountain coke is my coffee and my smart husband usually brings me one on his way home from his overnight shift. In fact...maybe there's one in the fridge now.

This is perfect!! I have been trying to figure out what I was smelling every time I walked by a Starbucks and now I know. Burned dirt!

I have tried coffee twice in my life and made the same face both times..no thanks. A fountain coke is my coffee and my smart husband usually brings me one on his way home from his overnight shift. In fact...maybe there's one in the fridge now.
My office window is close to a coffee store which roasts coffee once a week or so. I swear the smell makes me nauseous.

There are a lot of the fancy coffee drinks with no coffee in them. I think the vanilla bean one is my favorite. They have the ice water blendeds, and of course, hot chocolate mint in the winter!

LOL! Why does coffee itself smell so good, but coffee BREATH smells like someone wiped their butt with the towel they wiped up a coffee spill with??

Some thing with peanuts & peanut butter. I love them but smelling them on someone's breath turns my stomach.

I like the fancy drinks though like hey can I get a Carmel macchiato latte with cinnamon nope let me get a soda...lol
And you might as well, those fancy coffee drinks are more like deserts than beverages. All you're "missing" by not drinking them is wasting about 800 calories and $6 a piece. Sweet, creamy hot drinks are vile to me but I do put back about 8 cups a day of regular, black coffee - preferably made at home so it's the strength I like. (We brew McDonad's McCafe Medium-Dark Roast - an excellent tangy, slightly acidic, NOT scorched taste. Coffee that is says "rich or full or earthy" on the label tends to be more alkaline and those are the ones that taste like dirt. The type of soil it's grown in makes all the difference.) I fully confess to this being my "drug of choice" and if I didn't believe that, the debilitating caffeine withdrawal headache I get would prove otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm another non coffee drinker, just never liked it.
It's Diet Coke for me. As soon as I get up I pour myself a glass. It's like my coffee. o_O

Diet Coke for me too. Sometimes I really try to cut back(so many people love to tell me how bad for me Diet Coke is) but I am usually drinking Diet Coke for/with breakfast. I always think I should switch to coffee-it is supposed to be better for you, but I really don't like it. My sister made me try her iced coffee carmel frou frou drink - just yuck. :crazy2:

I love the bitterness of black coffee (and am guilty of having at least four cups a day). I used to be a big fan of Starbuck's frappuccinos, but after changing my diet to accommodate some medical conditions, they now taste like sugar water with a hint of stale coffee. Give me a black coffee (hot or iced) or a black Americano (espresso and hot water), and I will be a happy camper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter