As honeymooners should we schedule a character meal?

kandmwedding

Lover of all things Potato Head
We're disneymooning this January and it will be my fiance's (then husband's) first trip to the World. I myself have never been to a character meal and wondered if it's something we should plan to do? Neither of us are big of any of the characters in particular, but don't know if eating with them would add to the experience. We just want to have the best time there possible!!

Oh, absolutely! Some of my most treasured memories and photos from our honeymoon trip in Jan 95 were from the character meals. The characters will interact with you as much as YOU want. If you just want to wave at them as they go by, fine.
I have a great picture of Mickey holding my hand up in the air so he could get a good look at my rings!

I would suggest the LTT for the character meal. It is a bit more intimate - we were in a smallish room of about 8 tables at the back. Character meals are fun - but they can be loud and crazy (and fun!)
Also, you could decide depending on which characters you would like to see.
Congratulations and have a great trip!

Since you're going at a slow time - and hence it will be fairly easy to make and change PS's - why not do a "trial run" your first couple of days there, with the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill in Epcot? That way, you can try out the character dining "experience" without spending a ton of cash. If you like it, go back to your resort that night and schedule a full meal; if not, no big whoop. :)

Oh yes! Character meals are so much fun, even though I'm still real shy at them. We don't have children, so it's usually just the two of us at the character meals. The characters always make us feel just like we fit in. We never feel out of place.

The Garden Grill is my favorite.

By all means......I think a character meal would be a great memory!! I would take it a step farther though, and go to the GF gift shop. They sell the Mickey ears bridal veil and the groom's hat. I can just imagine the attention you'd get!!!

Enjoy The magic!!!

Annie ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Definitely!! We actually did a couple character meals on our honeymoon and had so much fun!

We'll be "familymooning" at Disney this weekend and have a CRT Breakfast and a Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot.

At Cinderella's Royal Table, I spoke with the chef to order a birthday cake for our DD and he said if you tell the hostess when you arrive that you are honeymooning they will give you a set of etched champagne flutes at the end of the meal and they decorate the table :)

eta: They will also do the table decorations and champagne glasses at lunch or dinner, so don't fret if you can't get a breakfast PS. This might be more ideal, anyway, if you want a little more intimate (quiet) a lunch or dinner and less character interaction (Cinderella comes to the lobby a few times in the afternoons and evenings, but it is "unofficial") :)

Back in Dec 99 we had our disneymoon and we did not do a character breakfast. Last year for our anniversary we went back and while there we had a character meal at Tony's. I really didnt enjoy it but then again it was with Pooh and Friends. I am not the biggest fan but it was ok. We will try it again and this time with MICKEY.

Should we have scheduled one on our honeymoon? YES because I bet they really treat your special since you are just married.

Just my 2 cents

My DH and I did 3 character meals on our last trip, and I must say the most memorable for us was the Princess Storybook breakfast and LTT for dinner. For those unsure of the experience I would highly recommend LTT, the food is good and the experience is neat even if you end up not really enjoying the character interaction.

Definitely.. My DH is not the outgoing character guy. But I talked him into going to Ohana for breakfast years ago. I have great picture of Minnie Mouse hugging on him and he's got the biggest smile. The characters will interact with you even with no kids...it's for kids of all ages!!!

Definitely do a character meal! My boyfriend and I do at least one every trip and have a lot of fun! Some of our favorites were Chef Mickey's breakfast, Donald's Breakfastosaurus, and the Ice Cream Social at Garden Grill. Have fun and congratulations on the marriage! :)

I definitely recommend doing a character meal. My dbf and I do one every trip. I highly recommend breakfast in the castle. We had a table by the window overlooking the park. Captain hook even ran by and waved at us. It was really romantic to look out the window and see the carousel. We are not engaged yet, but all of the princessed asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. I guess they assumed we were on our honeymoon....oh well..maybe soon.

Yes! We did a character meal on our WDW honeymoon 9 years ago! At that time it was my DH's first time at the World also and I had never been to a character meal until then. We had a fun time and have same great, funny, and goofy pictures of us with the characters! Our DD loves to look at our pictures from our honeymoon and thinks the characters pictures with mommy and daddy are very cool. :cool:

The short answer is HECK YEAH!
We (DH and I) just returned from celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary at WDW. We had 10 glorious days and one of the highlights was our first character dining experiences. We had brekkie at Crystal Palace and it was perfectly magical. Tigger grabbed and hugged my very shy hubby and what a great pic of orange Tigger and bright red Rob! You won't regret it. Many congratulations and have a wonderful time.

---Andra
Hey, you with the stars in your eyes!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter