As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I guess I am a resort hopper, as I originally booked for Coronado Springs in September and changed to Port Orleans French Quarter! I loved Riverside so I'm looking forward to it.

OMG! I just found this thread. I thought that I was the only one! Kindred spirt, here.

Our mini-pre back to school trip started at the Dolphin. Thought we would give it a try. Added a night, and switched to YC. Added another night and tacked on the first night at the Dolphin after all. Our mini trips almost always blossom a little more.

I am glad that I am not the only one!!

Question... sort of a disney newb. In the first post is says something about "within our 45 days".... what does that mean? I thought you could change/cancel up to 30 days before hand?

We did Portofino twice. I liked it better than HRH by far.

Will this stick however??
I think so. I like it better than HR too, but like HR location! So close.
Our last Portofino stay was amazing. Had bay view upper floor in the West Wing upgrade to the huge stone balcony! Then we went to wdw, Sugarloaf but was upgraded to RPC! And a deluxe room. It was a fabulous split stay trip!

I also have Portofino booked for last week in Feb! Time to start going thru clothes and figure out what I’m packing! Leaving in 2 weeks! Suitcases out! I’ll send you photos! Lol.

Last edited:
Step!! I literally just popped in since it's been awhile. ONCE A CHANGER ALWAYS A CHANGER
Remember Poly has some construction happening, I think CR too, but for the Poly it's all about the outdoor vibe sooooo. We stayed at CR this past December and loved it. But the Poly ahhhhhhhh. I am no help, but for summer, I do love that Poly vibe. You've probably ch-ch-changed back and forth right :)

Next trip for us is December for DDnow 16 (baby#4) when the HS plays at Disney and we scored WL! Looking fall trip of course.

Great point on the CR TPV also the Bay Lake area is very chill!!

It is ALL about the mimosas, nice score!! A very wise change :)

Good luck with the deals!! Disney prices have gotten insane. A MK/Epcot resort split is the dream, but I really loved DS my past visit and the boat from POR is SO much better than the buses!!

So wow super split stay! My youngest is autistic (now 13), let me tell you. CL is his vibe! The extra space with a chance to chill and have a snack is invaluable. Also the CL staff is top notch with special needs IMO. Most of CL have a close bathroom in or near the lounge. I can't remember WLs is but BWI is right outside the lounge. String cheese I haven't seen but you can stock up in the lobby gift shop or amazon. Of course you could always ask! Bananas and apples are always out. My other thought is that's a lot of moving, how are your littles with that, mine not so good. I completely understand the cost consideration and the express pass is worth the room rate plus HRH rocks! Maybe a 5/5 WDW split instead of a 3 resort split? Again, you know your kiddos but it is a lot of moving rooms! Happy planning!
Great feedback - appreciate that! Yes, we will definitely order at least waters, fruit, almond milk (super brand loyal of course - they only drink the one kind), and a few other staples - may as well add string cheese to my mental list 😂

Ultimately (or should I say, currently), we are still have 3 WDW bookings, but two at CR, so we will just need to move from GW to CL. Current WDW sitch is:

2 nights WL Deluxe Room CL
4 nights CR Garden Wing 2 Queen
3 nights CR CL standard room

There is a 2bdrm BRV open for the first 3 nights which would allow me to switch directly to the CR CL, however I really wanted to try WL CL *and* the BRV are in disrepair (which is the biggest reason I am not thinking that would be a good idea.

Generally my kids are pretty flexible when we are on vacation - my anxiety is the real wild card 👀

WL is the same - there’s a restroom right next to the lounge on the hallway that leads to the CL rooms. 👍

FWIW, CR’s construction is pretty much wrapped up, nothing guest facing anymore, no more construction equipment in the parking lots, etc. There’s a pool refurb coming Jan next year, but that’s it as far as announced work.

(Hi @pas130 :wave:)
Good to know - thank you!
Every time this board gets traffic, I feel seen. Beginning with our first post-Covid trip, we have been doing split-stays. So now I get to switch multiple resorts for each trip. My spouse now insists that I not talk about where we’re staying since it will undoubtably change many times before we arrive. For our next trip, I’ve rented DVC points for the first half, so those are locked in. But the last half is still eminently switchable. Just waiting for AP discounts to hit, and then the madness will begin again!
So relatable! My spouse also declines comment or conversation about resort permutations 😂

'I never reported my own changes!! Our April trip we did BC CL, and changed from BWI and POFQ and I think that was it. BC rocked! They took amazing care of us and the food was great.

For December I rebooked BC CL but changed to WL CL because DECEMBER

I need to book a Tonga suite one day but now construction......
Hey Pas :wave2: your kids are getting older! Where does the time go! WL has to be one of my fav winter resorts! Especially Christmas. And I love the new grill by the lake. Best burgers!

I think so. I like it better than HR too, but like HR location! So close.
Our last Portofino stay was amazing. Had bay view upper floor in the West Wing upgrade to the huge stone balcony! Then we went to wdw, Sugarloaf but was upgraded to RPC! And a deluxe room. It was a fabulous split stay trip!

I also have Portofino booked for last week in Feb! Time to start going thru clothes and figure out what I’m packing! Leaving in 2 weeks! Suitcases out! I’ll send you photos! Lol.
I remember that GF upgrade!

I requested a balcony at checkin for last May at Porto and got a 6th floor pool and castle view. Was t Cindy’s castle but Harry’s 😂

I have not formally "joined" the resort changers "club" but based on my activity in the last 6 months, I need to! Is there an initiation?? :rotfl:
Unless fate intervenes, I am going to be at the CR this weekend. Got a decent PH discount for a tower lake view. Hoping the heat will not do me in on the first day!!

I remember that GF upgrade!

I requested a balcony at checkin for last May at Porto and got a 6th floor pool and castle view. Was t Cindy’s castle but Harry’s 😂
Yeah! That was best back to back upgrades ever! I have requests for PBH this trip for balcony or patio. Just like some outside space!

Oh I had forgotten about this thread! Last time I posted in February 2021 I was planning our May 2022 trip and thinking about switching from AoA to the Swan. I ended up discovering my DH had enough points to stay completely on points for 5 nights at the Swan and then I read a suggestion to do a split-stay at the Contemporary so we ended up doing our last two nights there. I'm currently planning a short trip in December. So far I initially booked the POFQ but then got a great AP rate at the Swan, so we're currently booked there. If AP rates on Disney properties come out though before December and I can get a good rate at POFQ or WL I might change again.

Edit to add: My family too no longer wants to know where we're staying until much closer to the trip!

I'm finally settled for my late August stay!!

I forget everywhere I have been booked but I think it went something like this...
Poly Standard View
CSR GDT Water View
AKL Standard View
CSR Water View
CBR King
CSR Preferred
All Star Music Preferred
AKL Pool View
Pop Standard
BWI Garden View

And now, finally today I landed on Contemporary Garden Wing Garden View.

I'm good with this!

I forget everywhere I have been booked but I think it went something like this...
Poly Standard View
CSR GDT Water View
AKL Standard View
CSR Water View
CBR King
CSR Preferred
All Star Music Preferred
AKL Pool View
Pop Standard
BWI Garden View

I'm good with this!
We will probably see you there! We are there the week of the 22nd

Poly Standard View
CSR GDT Water View
AKL Standard View
CSR Water View
CBR King
CSR Preferred
All Star Music Preferred
AKL Pool View
Pop Standard
BWI Garden View

I'm good with this!
Too funny!

For the price your last one works . Enjoy! Or change ! 🤔🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter