As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

heh. Here is my list of resorts, we usually don't stay in the same one twice:

2000 - Disney Institute (They changed the name a while back)
2012 - Off site with whole family (over 11 of us)
2015 - The Cabins at Fort Wilderness
2016 (Aug) - Port Orleans - Riverside (Only the 5 of us)
2017 (June) - Fort Wilderness - Camp grounds - In a rented Trailer (There will be 7 of us)

I love staying onsite, so we always have to find the most cost effective way to stay. And we seem to have changed from going once a decade to going every year. Wife getting a full time teaching job for the win, and my promotion and raise didn't hurt either. :)

Enjoying reading the thread, and seeing others that have my problem as well.
We are a family of 7, tell me about this trailer :) Sounds very cool!!! FW is so neat :)

WOW, just WOW! I had no idea there were 2 bedroom trailers. You'll have a wonderful time I know it!! Thanks for the video
I had no idea either. But I checked with those rental companies and they were very easy to work with, offered great suggestions and were a pretty good deal.

We are not going to stay in the trailer until 2017, so I will let everyone know how that goes next year. :)

This year it is all POR, for just the 5 of us.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are at 9 days, and after MANY changes DH and I are at BWI BW CL :flower1::daisy::flower:

That sounds perfect for an adult only trip!!! That's what I always say DH and I would do. Either that or AKL CL, but I know that DH would want to be near Epcot and World Showcase!

That sounds perfect for an adult only trip!!! That's what I always say DH and I would do. Either that or AKL CL, but I know that DH would want to be near Epcot and World Showcase!
Location is key during F&W as I've learned when we stayed at GF, such a pain getting back and forth to WS compared to just strolling over from our resort. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AKL CL is getting some so-so reviews I think you'll be happy at GF Candace :hug: Can't wait to hear how the Princesses love the cruise!

Location is key during F&W as I've learned when we stayed at GF, such a pain getting back and forth to WS compared to just strolling over from our resort. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AKL CL is getting some so-so reviews I think you'll be happy at GF Candace :hug: Can't wait to hear how the Princesses love the cruise!

We are all excited about the cruise, but DH more than anyone!!! He cannot wait, LOL!
I am excited about every component of our trip - our Nemo Suite, the cruise and the GF!!!

And, I also can't wait to start planning for next year's trip!!! We will FINALLY get our Poly CL stay....I've been trying to stay at the Poly since I joined this group so many years ago....:rotfl2:

We are all excited about the cruise, but DH more than anyone!!! He cannot wait, LOL!
I am excited about every component of our trip - our Nemo Suite, the cruise and the GF!!!

And, I also can't wait to start planning for next year's trip!!! We will FINALLY get our Poly CL stay....I've been trying to stay at the Poly since I joined this group so many years ago....:rotfl2:
Too funny, and I keep changing FROM Poly!! Right now we are booked at Poly CL split with BWI CL this summer. I've been booked, GF SL, BWI CL, AKL CL, Poly gv CL, GF RPC, now Poly TPV CL & BWI CL

DH says I always go full circle with my booking so ultimately we may end up at GF or only Poly :) Poly is so very pretty we have never been WOWed by the resort CMs or most important the CL CMs. I wish BC CL would open up for our dates!!!

:chat: this board is a hoot. We've stayed at Swan many times but tried BCV renting with our toddler daughter this month and loved it. I have fond memories of POR as a kid so I'm kind of torn between a Royal room for our next visit or renting points again. I just keep changing my mind. Glad to hear I'm not alone

:chat: this board is a hoot. We've stayed at Swan many times but tried BCV renting with our toddler daughter this month and loved it. I have fond memories of POR as a kid so I'm kind of torn between a Royal room for our next visit or renting points again. I just keep changing my mind. Glad to hear I'm not alone
:welcome: POR Royal rooms look great! The whole grounds there are lovely. Renting points is such a bargain, I can't commit to a non-refundable reservation ;) I REALLY want to try BLT or GF Villas.

I'm looking for opinions P-L-E-A-S-E....

We are currently booked at the BC, standard view room, in August from 8/10-8/17 but I learned today that the "magical" ones now have BWI, standard view rooms, as well. I've always wanted to try BWI, but know nothing about this resort and my dilemma?? As much as I do love the BC, I've never booked a standard view room and knowing there are some pretty bad standard views, that alone made me nervous right from the beginning but I booked it anyways.

It seems like BWI may have some better standard view rooms but are they going to be so far from everything that I'm going to hate it? Does the crazy clown pool get so busy that you're pulling your hair out to find lounge chairs like you sometimes have to at SAB? We may have a car rental for part of this trip, is self parking really as atrocious as I've heard? It's these stupid little things that are making me loco right now. Anyone stayed at both that can give me some insight? I don't even want to admit that I'm actually contemplating another change (this will be my 3rd for this upcoming trip) and I'm already PIF!! Help?

So glad I found this thread! We have a vacation planes for this fall and I keep changing my mind... good to see I'm not alone. I finally settled on changing our dates to 10/1-10/10 at POFQ, went to book and they're standard rooms are full some of those days. How does the split stay work? Is it considered one reservation if you switch hotel rooms half way through?

I'm looking for opinions P-L-E-A-S-E....

We are currently booked at the BC, standard view room, in August from 8/10-8/17 but I learned today that the "magical" ones now have BWI, standard view rooms, as well. I've always wanted to try BWI, but know nothing about this resort and my dilemma?? As much as I do love the BC, I've never booked a standard view room and knowing there are some pretty bad standard views, that alone made me nervous right from the beginning but I booked it anyways.

It seems like BWI may have some better standard view rooms but are they going to be so far from everything that I'm going to hate it? Does the crazy clown pool get so busy that you're pulling your hair out to find lounge chairs like you sometimes have to at SAB? We may have a car rental for part of this trip, is self parking really as atrocious as I've heard? It's these stupid little things that are making me loco right now. Anyone stayed at both that can give me some insight? I don't even want to admit that I'm actually contemplating another change (this will be my 3rd for this upcoming trip) and I'm already PIF!! Help?
Yay for PIF!! So we just came back from BWI and it is gorgeous! Also there seemed to be plenty of chairs by the pool unlike SAB which is crowded all the time. That said SAB is hard to beat. The room felt quieter than our BC room. We were CL so I'm not sure where the standard rooms would be. I did notice that all floors had lovely sitting areas too. I love love love BC but BWI is also amazing. I'm so not helpful, sorry lol. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

So glad I found this thread! We have a vacation planes for this fall and I keep changing my mind... good to see I'm not alone. I finally settled on changing our dates to 10/1-10/10 at POFQ, went to book and they're standard rooms are full some of those days. How does the split stay work? Is it considered one reservation if you switch hotel rooms half way through?
It's two reservations if you switch rooms but they will link the reservations for you over the phone. With the split stay you would check out and check in and bell services will take care of your luggage. Just know you might be without a room for a few hours. Welcome to the RC thread!

Yay for PIF!! So we just came back from BWI and it is gorgeous! Also there seemed to be plenty of chairs by the pool unlike SAB which is crowded all the time. That said SAB is hard to beat. The room felt quieter than our BC room. We were CL so I'm not sure where the standard rooms would be. I did notice that all floors had lovely sitting areas too. I love love love BC but BWI is also amazing. I'm so not helpful, sorry lol. View attachment 160560View attachment 160561View attachment 160562

We are going with a split stay for August so we'll start at BC for 5 days and then move over to BWI for 4 days. DH & my youngest DD hate splits but since I do ALL the planning....

Besides the "creepy clown" (yes, I do think he's a bit creepy...lol), I'm really looking forward to staying there and it seems like most folks who stay there, love it so how bad can it be??? I'm excited!

We are going with a split stay for August so we'll start at BC for 5 days and then move over to BWI for 4 days. DH & my youngest DD hate splits but since I do ALL the planning....

Besides the "creepy clown" (yes, I do think he's a bit creepy...lol), I'm really looking forward to staying there and it seems like most folks who stay there, love it so how bad can it be??? I'm excited!
Sweet!! I was going to do that split as well. I looked at pictures of the pool and was like EEK!!! Seeing it in person made it less creepy for sure. The clown face isn't as huge as I thought it was, and the slide is cool!!! Inside decor in the lobby and hallways was a combo of BC and GF if I had to compare it to another resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter