As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I am one of the "didn't mind construction at Poly people"! I took my mom for her first trip in November '14 and other than a little extra walking to the boat and the center lobby boarded up all else was good.

The view from the beach is one of my favorite Disney things:)

I wouldn't worry! I was just at gf and ate at Kona twice on my trip. It looks great now! It's amazing how many people are in the lobby now that there is seating:)

Also the pool area looks more open.

The noise now is just at the small pool which mostly impacts the dvc rooms.

You will have an amazing time!

Thanks for the well wishes :). It is more transportation that has me freaked than construction. I am an avid rope dropper and when I booked Poly the refurb hours for the monorail were not this bad. I am kicking myself black and blue for not picking the BC to start. It would have been a new resort for me, I just didn't want to get in an Epcot rut since my last stay was at YC.

View attachment 122014
Pm me with any q's . We love, love loved it!

After 2 courtyard rooms we finally got the marina side and I would recommend requesting that.

The beach pool was fun but the courtyard pool is so convenient and fun with the fountains too!

I'd stick with it!!!

View attachment 122005 View attachment 122006
We stayed in SL in 2011, I was in LOVE!! We also stayed poolside. I doubt that we will do swimming..BUT you never know. Those pics are GORGEOUS Trish! I hope my MIL loves it, she stayed with us when we were upgraded to AKL CL and loved it there!

Hi Everyone!! Hope you had a fantastic Labor Day weekend!!!

I've got some ch-ch-changes going through my head!!!!

So, right now, we are AoA for 2 nights, then 4 nights on the Dream, and then 2 nights AKL CL.

DH and I were talking last night and we are now thinking AoA will turn into GF (just a garden view room) for those 1st two nights. Mostly, it's for ease of travel with little dude, and more space....

Now, I am just trying to be patient hoping for the military discount to be renewed for next year!!! :)

Hi Everyone!! Hope you had a fantastic Labor Day weekend!!!

I've got some ch-ch-changes going through my head!!!!

So, right now, we are AoA for 2 nights, then 4 nights on the Dream, and then 2 nights AKL CL.

DH and I were talking last night and we are now thinking AoA will turn into GF (just a garden view room) for those 1st two nights. Mostly, it's for ease of travel with little dude, and more space....

Now, I am just trying to be patient hoping for the military discount to be renewed for next year!!! :)
Love GF, however Poly is easier with the walk ability to TTC. Then you also hit the monorail before others heading to MK. You can't go wrong with either resort.

Love GF, however Poly is easier with the walk ability to TTC. Then you also hit the monorail before others heading to MK. You can't go wrong with either resort.

DH is adamant about saving Poly for a full Disney stay - 2017. I agree with him on that one. We spent a lot of time at the Poly on our last trip in April and he has fallen in love, and wants our next full trip to be there. :)

DH is adamant about saving Poly for a full Disney stay - 2017. I agree with him on that one. We spent a lot of time at the Poly on our last trip in April and he has fallen in love, and wants our next full trip to be there. :)
I'm hoping my DH will be okay with Poly this summer, he lost his poly love :( I think it's because he's now enamoured with BC and the good news is he is hooked on CL!! Now I'm booked at sugarloaf in December and it's quite possible it will change back to Bwi.... Ah why can't we put the MK resorts on crescent lake

I'm hoping my DH will be okay with Poly this summer, he lost his poly love :( I think it's because he's now enamoured with BC and the good news is he is hooked on CL!! Now I'm booked at sugarloaf in December and it's quite possible it will change back to Bwi.... Ah why can't we put the MK resorts on crescent lake
Haha! I've always said that I wish they could put WL in the Epcot area and we'd have the perfect resort!! :)

Good Morning from an MIA RCer! ;) Major shoulder surgery has kept me busy with rehab and healing ...but now that I can type more without the shoulder hurting as much (except when I overdo with a certain friend for hours emailing. ;) ).

Sooo...it is looking like ... unless the cha cha change bug bites...Marie (chimo2u) and I will be enjoying our beloved Polynesian Village Resort for 6 or 7 ngts next Labor Day...and thanks to Marie's generosity, it will be CL, no less! :flower3: I've never really wanted to try CL - my fear is I will be hooked after this trip. :scared1: Just waiting for that magical booking date to open up. This will be a 'Girls Stop and Smell the Roses' kind of trip....very excited! :cool1:
Very cool! And the timing will be excellent since the quiet pool should be done. Hopefully they are FINALLY done with the construction. We are looking at the same magical deal but it will be earlier in August or late July. (Hoping the July dates work for DH) VERY happy for you and Marie :grouphug:

Very cool! And the timing will be excellent since the quiet pool should be done. Hopefully they are FINALLY done with the construction. We are looking at the same magical deal but it will be earlier in August or late July. (Hoping the July dates work for DH) VERY happy for you and Marie :grouphug:

We'll be keeping a close watch on Tikiman's FB page for updates...if it is still not looking good then we might have to consider a cha cha change...hoping it will be fine though!

Your December trip will be so much fun!! So happy for you!

We'll be keeping a close watch on Tikiman's FB page for updates...if it is still not looking good then we might have to consider a cha cha change...hoping it will be fine though!

Your December trip will be so much fun!! So happy for you!
Thank you :hug:

This thread is perfect because I need some help lol. We just got back Sunday from staying a week at CBR. I absolutely loved it! It was perfect. It was me, my husband and my 2 year old. I booked the BB offer for free dining next September. This was my husband's first time to Disney and he just wasn't too crazy about it. He said he would come back in a few years once my son is older but I'm trying to make it a point to take my son back every year. (I went when I was pregnant with him, when he turned 1 and just now when he was 2.) ::yes::
When I called, I booked Music because it's just going to be and my son so I didn't need anything too fancy. But after thinking about it yesterday, I called and switched to CBR because I love it so much. But now I'm thinking that with a 3 year old, a TS every day would be too hard by myself. Plus, it is almost a $650 difference if I just stuck with Music and the QS dining plan vs CBR with the regular plan.
Sorry, it's long but I wanted some thoughts.

:welcome: and glad you had an excellent trip! If it were just myself and a preschooler, I'd do Music. CBR is way too spread out for me, and I like the food courts at the All Stars. Plus I am not big on TS with the kids either. $650 is a big chuck of change. That said, the pool and the campfire and stuff at CBR might be better for your DS especially as hot as September is. Sorry if I am no help....but you may be at the resort a lot and want the amenities at a moderate rather than a value. Plus you can still get CS rather than TS with the credits, right? Good luck deciding, either resort I think you and your little man will have a blast!

This thread is perfect because I need some help lol. We just got back Sunday from staying a week at CBR. I absolutely loved it! It was perfect. It was me, my husband and my 2 year old. I booked the BB offer for free dining next September. This was my husband's first time to Disney and he just wasn't too crazy about it. He said he would come back in a few years once my son is older but I'm trying to make it a point to take my son back every year. (I went when I was pregnant with him, when he turned 1 and just now when he was 2.) ::yes::
When I called, I booked Music because it's just going to be and my son so I didn't need anything too fancy. But after thinking about it yesterday, I called and switched to CBR because I love it so much. But now I'm thinking that with a 3 year old, a TS every day would be too hard by myself. Plus, it is almost a $650 difference if I just stuck with Music and the QS dining plan vs CBR with the regular plan.
Sorry, it's long but I wanted some thoughts.
I so understand! My dd's 1 and 2yr trips were at CBR. Then we switched to ASmovies when DS came along and it opened and was a new resort.

For dd's 18 th birthday I used the photo pass site and made her a scrap book "my magical 18 years of Disney" . So going every year is fun. Each trip is so different as they grow and can do or want different things:)

My kids loved the theming of the values until they were 8-10. They also liked mods. Then as they got alder they liked deluxe better. But having a boy and a girl they usually didn't want the same ones.

I do still remember my son screeching "the puppies, the puppies" at the top of his lungs and running around looking at the Dalmatians at the ASmovies resort. Then we took him to look at the Toy Story section and he started bellowing " dinosaur, dinosaur" . We had a hard time getting him to leave the resort!!!!

We also preferred to talk our meals back to our room on a tray sometimes. It was hard for him to settle down in the food court at times.

I have great memories of both styles, value and mod. Good luck choosing!

I thought this thread would be the right place to help sort out what I can't decide about an upcoming (hopefully) trip. I've been seeing the dates for the Season of the Force at Hollywood Studios for early next year and i'd love to go for a long weekend. Should I book a hotel now, say a moderate or something and hope I can get an annual pass discount and change hotels? I'm assuming that changing hotels I would not loose any reservations for dining? And if for some reason I couldn't make it for the trip then as long as its 45 days in advance I can still cancel? just can't make up my mind.

If you book a room only trip you can cancel up to 5 days prior.

An annual pass purchased or already owned doesn't impact it. If you buy length of trip tickets with the resort and make a package then it's 45 days.

I do it all the time. A back up plan doesn't hurt!

The date I chose was Thurs 25 Feb for 4 nights. Am wanting to be there for Season of the Force, and didn't want to go too much earlier than that, but am wondering how close it is to when spring break/March break holidays begin (and the crowds for that) Here spring break is in mid March but might not be then for everyone. Aside from the Star Wars events which should make it on the crowded side (at least at Hollywood Studios) how should the crowds be for then?

The date I chose was Thurs 25 Feb for 4 nights. Am wanting to be there for Season of the Force, and didn't want to go too much earlier than that, but am wondering how close it is to when spring break/March break holidays begin (and the crowds for that) Here spring break is in mid March but might not be then for everyone. Aside from the Star Wars events which should make it on the crowded side (at least at Hollywood Studios) how should the crowds be for then?
That's actually a good time. I used to go for presidents week and the weather was usually good. This is just after that but before the March college breaks.

I have gone on March 1 a few times and loved it.

Glad to hear. I'm looking forward to being at Disney for Season of the Force, and hoping I picked a good weekend since there isn't a huge amount of detailed info on it yet. I wanted to book something so I could get a few decent dining reservations in rather than wait for a while and then all the places I'd like to eat are taken. I've picked and booked a hotel for the time being, but am sure I'm going to want to change it lo l. Particularly if I can get an annual pass discount when they come out and if there happens to be a discount for a deluxe hotel that catches my eye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter