As the years roll on

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Are you closer or further apart from your siblings ?

I just have a sister and oddly enough we have never been closer

I have a brother and 4 little sisters. Oddly enough, it's my youngest sister (22 years younger than me) who I'm really close to. She's almost the age of my oldest kids, so it's weird, but we have the same hobbies and same sense of humor.

I think we’re all closer now. We were always close but when there’s four of you and you’re all in different phases, there’s bound to be arguments. Plus, we were all vying for our parents time and attention.

We get together at least once a month for a dinner or something similar and it’s always a hoot.

Closer to my brother and more distant from my sister, which compared to our previous relationships makes me about equally close to both of them now. Slight edge to my brother maybe because he's become quite a good friend to my DH very recently which he wasn't over the previous 20 years of our marriage. My sister and BIL have descended so far into alcoholism that they're practically unrecognizable to their former selves and have withdrawn from a lot of family relationships. :sad1: Our parents would be rolling over in their graves.

Last edited:
Six siblings, but only very close to one of them. My brother who is closest in age to me and I have always been really connected. The rest of us get along fine, but rarely see each other now that my Mom is gone.

We became closer when my mom became ill. We talk often now. My Dd has always been close to her cousins because they are close in age.

My kids weren’t close growing up, but have become very close as adults.

My two siblings are much younger, but I’m close to both of them. There’s a 19 year age difference between between my sister and me, so our relationship tends to fall into a weird gray area - I’m often more of a mother figure than a sister. My brother and I relate better as siblings, but he’s a fiercely independent person and we don’t talk as much.

I was just lecturing my oldest son about this lack of interest in a relationship with his younger brother...it makes me incredibly sad that he seems to have written off his sibling even though they’re only teens.

I have only one sibling, and we are not close at all. I am 6 years older than him, we never were close as kids, and when he was a teen I was already out of the house.

We were close for a few years, but his wife has issues with everything to do with us. That's all I'm gonna say about that... Or I will be here all day writing a book about that topic.

I have a half brother who is 23 years older. We are much closer now than ever. We briefly....about a year.... shared a room when I was 3 and he was 26 and in college after being in the Navy. Other than than that, we never lived under the same roof. He got very ill about 7 years ago and was in a rehab center for 3 months that is a few blocks from my house. I get off work at 1130 am, and I would stop and have lunch with him every day during the week for the 3 months. I think it gave my sister-in-law a huge break because she didn't have to come by until later in the day, so she could take care of the errands she had to do at home.

My sister and I drove each other nuts when we were younger. I moved away from home, then she moved away from home and now we're closer than ever. My brother is 11 years older than I, and we don't see eye to eye on politics. We get along and enjoy each other's company, but only speak on the phone a few times a year and visit maybe once or twice a year (he's a five/six hour drive). He just retired from his government job and seems busier and more elusive than ever.

Have been close to my sister and One of my brothers since my kids were born. Now kids are grown and we seen closer, very much in touch due to caring for mom. I am very fortunate as my brother and sister pitch in when I need help with mom, doctors visits, surgery, what have you. Not sure how else I could cope.

Closer in terms of getting along very well :hug: (as kids we sometimes didn't) but far apart geographically, so we don't get to see each other much. :(

I have a brother and sister and we are not close whatsoever. After my older brother died, they basically told me they were giving me the shaft and leaving me to pay for all his final expenses since I was the "rich" member of the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter