Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

Some Lombardy numbers
Total cases are now 4189, 769 more than yesterday, 2217 are in hospital 556 more than yesterday, 399 in icu with 40 morentjan yesterday, 756 in quarantine, 550 cured 26 more than yesterday and 256 dead 113 more than yesterday.

He said that 65% in icu are over 65 but 45%aren't and he particularly underlined this point saying there are 30s 40s and 50s year old there.
He also said that in total in Lombardy there are 150 hospitals, 132 have now been dedicated to covid and 18 have been kept for other emergencies.

Of those, how many have pre-existing conditions, and how many are front line medical workers?

Of those, how many have pre-existing conditions, and how many are front line medical workers?
Apparently not that many front-line medical workers, or not significant numbers enough to mention here:

Testimony from a surgeon working in Bergamo #coronavirus outbreak: https://t.co/xXs010ihm7

I can also assure you that when you see young people who end up intubated in the ICU, pronated or worse, in ECMO (a machine for the worst cases, which extracts the blood, re-oxygenates it and returns it to the body, waiting for the lungs to hopefully heal), all this confidence for your young age goes away.

Translated from Italian. Italian newspaper: https://t.co/J08WFdo3qL#Seattle #COVID19 #COVID19US #seattlecoronavirus pic.twitter.com/KhZ7NTt9MG
— Doug Lucas (@DouglasLucas) March 8, 2020

Last edited:
This is copied from the Shanghai Disney Resorts page. It looks like they will be doing some phased openings.

Shanghai Disneyland Remains Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice
Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel Re-open with Limited Operations - March 09, 2020
Shanghai Disneyland remains closed as we continue to closely monitor health and safety conditions and follow the direction of government regulators. However, as the first step of a phased reopening, Shanghai Disney Resort will partially resume operations on March 9, 2020 with a limited number of shopping, dining, and recreational experiences available in Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. Each of these resort locations will operate under limited capacity and reduced hours of operation. The Disney Car and Coach Park and the Disneytown Parking Lot will also reopen.

The resort will provide an extensive range of measures, designed to ensure a safe and healthy experience for all guests, Cast Members and Disneytown tenant employees, including strict and comprehensive approaches on sanitization, disinfection and cleanliness. In accordance with relevant regulations, every guest entering Shanghai Disney Resort will be required to undergo temperature screening procedures upon their arrival, will need to present their Health QR Code when entering dining venues, and will be required to wear a mask during their entire visit. Guests will also be reminded to maintain respectful social distances at all times while in stores, queues and restaurants.

Please refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort official website and app for the operation hours of Disneytown and Wishing Star Park.

I'm sure it's the same situation everywhere. Every major company is probably going to have at least one person get the virus, it just happens to be Disney this time.
Yes. I think this virus is behaving differently here. I don't think it likes suburbia. China, and even Italy are really different from the US- we do social distancing naturally. And maybe they got a worse strain of the virus (along with Iran).

We have lots of space per person and I think that really matters. The virus is in NYC now, though, so we'll see how that goes, but I just don't see the cases coming out of Washington that one would expect now that they're testing as much as they are. Maybe the weather is helping, too. Fingers crossed.

Yes. I think this virus is behaving differently here. I don't think it likes suburbia. China, and even Italy are really different from the US- we do social distancing naturally. And maybe they got a worse strain of the virus (along with Iran).

We have lots of space per person and I think that really matters. The virus is in NYC now, though, so we'll see how that goes, but I just don't see the cases coming out of Washington that one would expect now that they're testing as much as they are. Maybe the weather is helping, too. Fingers crossed.
I think this week with the new tests coming out will be the tell all as to the US.
I live like 5 hours from NYC, and I'm positive due to the proximity of everything there it will cause frenzy in the state. It's getting bad there.

Not sure how the weather is helping, it's still cold here ( Seattle), had to scrap my windows. More schools are closing and it seems people not related to tue nursing home are testing positive.

On the other side, I went to DLR for a long weekend and 95% of the people I saw in the bathroom were washing their hands longer and I saw almost 100% increase in the number of people using wipes or sanitizer thsn I normally do in the parks. People were also not filling the space as closely as normal despite cms asking. Very little coughing and what I did see most were someone raring or drinking and you could tell that's what it was from.

Not sure how the weather is helping, it's still cold here ( Seattle), had to scrap my windows. More schools are closing and it seems people not related to tue nursing home are testing positive.

On the other side, I went to DLR for a long weekend and 95% of the people I saw in the bathroom were washing their hands longer and I saw almost 100% increase in the number of people using wipes or sanitizer thsn I normally do in the parks. People were also not filling the space as closely as normal despite cms asking. Very little coughing and what I did see most were someone raring or drinking and you could tell that's what it was from.

Yeah, it's pretty cold everywhere in the country still at this point. The virus doesn't start struggling until I think upper 80s temperatures.

I went to DL Saturday and had similar observations. I think the CMs do need to stop asking people to "fill in all available space" for the time being. There really isn't a NEED to ever do that. Just count people off accordingly and let the people in line know where the cutoff is. We did experience *some* of that. CMs would count off and walk back and say "I'm gonna have you wait here and you will be in the next group." That needs to be more widespread, though, as not all CMs were doing it at all rides that require it.

Well the Italian strain is in St. Louis. It traveled here by train from Chicago after a flight from Italy. A bunch of high school kids and their families were then exposed to the virus at a father daughter dance after the sister and father of the confirmed case attended that dance and a pre dance party after being told to quarntine. The sister and the father were literally at the dance when the press conference was happening announcing St. Louis County's first case.

Well the Italian strain is in St. Louis. It traveled here by train from Chicago after a flight from Italy. A bunch of high school kids and their families were then exposed to the virus at a father daughter dance after the sister and father of the confirmed case attended that dance and a pre dance party after being told to quarntine. The sister and the father were literally at the dance when the press conference was happening announcing St. Louis County's first case.
That is totally irresponsible of them! I really hope some state charges these people with reckless endangerment. Then maybe they will learn to follow the directions of the medical authorities.

This is why we can't have nice things. :sad2:
I don't know if people should be given ankle bracelets over things like this, but I know they can be. A few people need to be spanked so that others won't follow in their footsteps.

All of those things make a huge difference. I'm really glad people are listening about things like that. That's awesome. :thumbsup2 I just really want the parks to stay open. They're mostly outdoors, maybe they could consider closing a few attractions that necessarily crowd people, but I guess we'll see how things go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter