Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

Pretty much. This is what happened in China. Then South Korea. Then Iran. Now Italy. Quite frankly, it's been incredibly naive of North Americans to think it wouldn't happen here....

I completely agree with this post. Italy is practicing wartime medicine right now. They are choosing who gets treatment and who doesn’t based on survival odds. Doctors are being told not to treat the elderly. They’ve implemented draconian laws in order to prevent the spread of the virus, and the country is on the verge of complete collapse.

The US is taking steps to try and prevent this from happening here. Imagine your mom or grandma showing up to the ER and being told “Sorry, you’re elderly, so thoughts and prayers.” People think it won’t happen here, but if this virus spreads, our elderly and immune compromised are at a huge risk- and healthy people are also dying from this virus. In most people, it’s mild, but when it’s not, when it goes into your lungs, it is DEADLY. So social distancing is one way we can prevent the disaster in Italy from happening here, so the very sick can get the medical care they need when they get infected.

Your trip to Disney World just isn’t that important.

A short recession is actually preferable to the carnage a failed medical system would bring, but maybe we should be most worried about what people call the virus.
Yes, calling it "Wuhan Virus" really helps stop the irrational fear and prejudice people now have against the Chinese. I see we won't be having further discussions. Stay healthy! :)
Let's stop this here please.

I’ve been looking at maps of US cases. At this point it’s pretty easy to notice sparsely populated states have no cases. So keeping our distance from others sounds like the right idea.

My school district has gone to NTI beginning Monday. Teachers will have to report.

I’ve been looking at maps of US cases. At this point it’s pretty easy to notice sparsely populated states have no cases. So keeping our distance from others sounds like the right idea.

Well, sparsely populated states also have no people to test. ;)

But yes, I do feel pretty safe out here in big sky country. It does help to not be crowded together and have no mass transit. The vast majority of people live in single family homes. Even in a relatively bad flu year like this one, we were the last to get it and it's been pretty mild.

We have no COVID19 cases. But, we do have a disaster response system that has been in place for many years to handle mass casualties, pandemics, etc. It just helps when you know the people in charge, and have faith they can do the job.

And, for as small as our cities are, we have sophisticated medical care out of necessity because we can't just send patients to the University hospital down the road. There is no University hospital for 500 miles in any direction.

So yes, there definitely are advantages to being in the boonies in a situation like this.

Last edited:

Just odd to me, why not cancel altogether? There will still be a LOT of people at these major sporting events without spectators.
That is expected now, with NBA suspending all games. There is a real chance the NCAA basketball tourney will get cancelled. NFL FA and Draft delayed and so on. Colleges have decided to end spring football games and such already as well.

That is expected now, with NBA suspending all games. There is a real chance the NCAA basketball tourney will get cancelled. NFL FA and Draft delayed and so on. Colleges have decided to end spring football games and such already as well.
As of right now all conference tournament games are on today without fans.

With the IndyCar race at St. Pete this weekend and the NASCAR season well underway, I think they're next up on suspend/no-fan list.

Don't think so, I would bet its over by this weekend, just sayin
It'll only take 1 player, coach, or team affiliate. The first person to be confirmed quarantines the team and anyone else in the locker room including other teams in the pod. As soon as that happens, you have forfeits and the tourney loses legitimacy.

I can see no fans...and pit crews in full on protective medical gear. Thing is, with NASCAR drivers in their own cars, this sport could actually run to entertain the masses on tv...

Well, McClaren Racing in Formula 1 officially has withdrawn from the Australian Grand Prix as a team member tested positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter