Ask Me Anything

I have a quick question about the 5K at CC. I know that the age limit for a bib and medal is 10 years old, but if they are under the age of 10...can they still participate in the run/walk? If yes, is there age requirement for the 5K?

Hi! I'm terribly sorry that you had this kind of negative experience. Yes we are trained in friendliness but it is also common sense and common curtesy. Do you know the Counselor's names?
What I meant was, are you guys told that you NEED to be friendly and helpful to parents during check-in/pickup procedures? Is it a specific policy?

I ask this because if it is policy, then the 2 unfavorable CMs I encountered (on 2 separate occasions) did not execute properly. I prefer not to tell you the names, as I've already noted it in my guest survey (and that's enough) and unless you are a Manager, I'd just be adding to gossip. I hope you understand. And thank you for your response.

I have a quick question about the 5K at CC. I know that the age limit for a bib and medal is 10 years old, but if they are under the age of 10...can they still participate in the run/walk? If yes, is there age requirement for the 5K?
Anyone can run/walk the 5k course on their own anytime throughout the day. However, you need to be a registered participant in order to be with the group that gets off the boat first. If you have children that are not participating then they may disembark and you can drop them off at scuttles cove on the way to the start line. That is the Disney stance on the matter.

Howdy! Question for you... I've heard that kids > 3 can attend the Oceaneer's Club if they are not potty trained so long as a parent will stop in and change them. Is the 3 year old age a strict one? Or could a 2 1/2 year old join under the same circumstances? Just curious...

thanks!

Howdy! Question for you... I've heard that kids > 3 can attend the Oceaneer's Club if they are not potty trained so long as a parent will stop in and change them. Is the 3 year old age a strict one? Or could a 2 1/2 year old join under the same circumstances? Just curious...

thanks!
No, have to be 3 to use Oceaneer's Club. You can always take them there during Open House hours, though.

I know this is probably not what you had in mind when you said ask me anything, but I am so stressed I need help..
I have been looking forward to my Hawaii cruise for two years now, maybe even more. I have planned and saved and my whole life has been lived around planning and looking forward to this trip.. WELL I have two weeks and my Mom has got really sick, been in the Hospital for a month. She tells me to go but I am wondering if I should... I would probably lose a lot of money if I canceled, I might be able to get some of it back but I wanted to go so bad I'm sick. WHAT DO I DO????:sad:

I know this is probably not what you had in mind when you said ask me anything, but I am so stressed I need help..
I have been looking forward to my Hawaii cruise for two years now, maybe even more. I have planned and saved and my whole life has been lived around planning and looking forward to this trip.. WELL I have two weeks and my Mom has got really sick, been in the Hospital for a month. She tells me to go but I am wondering if I should... I would probably lose a lot of money if I canceled, I might be able to get some of it back but I wanted to go so bad I'm sick. WHAT DO I DO????:sad:
I would think, since your mother said "Go", you should go. Adding guilt to her illness (because you didn't go on the cruise) really won't help.

My mother & I had a talk about "What if I've got a cruise booked and you get worse" (I'll note that she was 90 and getting very frail at that point). She told me in no uncertain terms, "Take your cruise". She also told my sister (her caregiver) not to contact me if I was on a trip and she were to die. She said said "Wait until your sister gets back to give her the news.".

Hello, this will be our kids' first time in the club/lab soooo... What is the procedure on lunch if they are there during lunch time.
Do you have a specific lunch break for the kids or do we feed them before drop off.
Thank you so much!

DS will be celebrating her birthday on our Alaska cruise next June, and I was wondering if they do anything special in the clubs to celebrate/acknowledge birthdays? We'll be getting a cake and doing a few things ourselves of course, but I was wondering if there is anything else we should be aware of!

Hello, this will be our kids' first time in the club/lab soooo... What is the procedure on lunch if they are there during lunch time.
Do you have a specific lunch break for the kids or do we feed them before drop off.
Thank you so much!
Lunch (as well as dinner) is served in the Club. But at a specific time (it's noted in the Navigator). If your child(ren) are in the Club at the time it's served, they can eat there. If not, then you need to feed them. A couple of notes - the lunch tends to be on the fairly generic side (sandwich, fruit, milk); and the CMs will announce "Lunch is here", but will not make anyone stop what they are doing to go eat.

Lunch (as well as dinner) is served in the Club. But at a specific time (it's noted in the Navigator). If your child(ren) are in the Club at the time it's served, they can eat there. If not, then you need to feed them. A couple of notes - the lunch tends to be on the fairly generic side (sandwich, fruit, milk); and the CMs will announce "Lunch is here", but will not make anyone stop what they are doing to go eat.

The latter statement is very true. The counselors will NOT force any child to eat lunch. So if you want to make sure your child is fed, you need to do it before or after the club/lab.

Thanks Princess and genki! That's good to know. I'll have to remind the kids then on what they need to do :)

Hi yes we cannot force feed any child. We do however make the children come and sit down in front of a plate of food. Whether they eat it is up to them but we close down all activities and areas while meals are on and play a movie.

Hi yes we cannot force feed any child. We do however make the children come and sit down in front of a plate of food. Whether they eat it is up to them but we close down all activities and areas while meals are on and play a movie.
OK, thanks. That's a change from what's been reported by others.

Very cool!
That's great to know , thanks so much!

DS will be celebrating her birthday on our Alaska cruise next June, and I was wondering if they do anything special in the clubs to celebrate/acknowledge birthdays? We'll be getting a cake and doing a few things ourselves of course, but I was wondering if there is anything else we should be aware of!

Hi! No we do not do anything specific. If she is wearing a birthday button every cast member will wish her a happy birthday but we often have several birthday a cruise and cannot do much to acknowledge all of them unfortunately.

Yes, this... on our summer cruise, my kids did not eat in the club. It was offered, but they would refuse...and be starving at dinner time. I figured if they were hungry they would eat...but everyday, I would ask what they had for x meal...and they would say nothing... but they were more than happy to participate in the cupcake decorating/eating and the coke float making/eating... whatever.... vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter