• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Asked for picture I.D. At Epcot tollbooth?

Mrs.Milo

DIS Veteran
We were asked if we had picture I.D. Available, after they looked at our annual pass card and had scanned a Magic Band. We have Premium Annual Passes, and have been there over 150 times since Oct 1st (locals who walk for exercise 4 to 5 times per week). We gave our last name as usual so they know who we are.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a new policy?

We were asked for picture ID the first time we used our annual pass to park - I just showed them the card and they requested the ID (this was years ago). Ever since then I show them both the card and the ID.

Yes, in May. They scanned our band, saw the annual passholder (I'm assuming), and asked for ID. Also asked for ID at several TS restaurants when using AP discount.

We've noticed a lot more extra attention to ID's lately. One of the reasons why I shake my head when I hear of people not carrying ID in WDW.

We always offer the AP card and an ID at the parking booth. Most of the time they just glance at them. When I was there last week once they scanned the AP and once they actually took the time to compare the name on the AP and the ID.

We have Premium Annual Passes, and have been there over 150 times since Oct 1st (locals who walk for exercise 4 to 5 times per week).

So just so I'm clear.... I've heard of Mall Walkers. But you are actually Disney World Walkers?

This is awesome. The next time I see a couple of fanny-pack-and-track-suit wearing folks walking with excessive arm movements and trying to dart through the crowd, I'll know what I'm seeing. We should all be so lucky to be able to walk around WDW for exercise on a regular basis.

We've noticed a lot more extra attention to ID's lately. One of the reasons why I shake my head when I hear of people not carrying ID in WDW.

Yep. When you’re trying to use a discount or get age-based items like alcohol, you need to have some proof.

So just so I'm clear.... I've heard of Mall Walkers. But you are actually Disney World Walkers?

This is awesome. The next time I see a couple of fanny-pack-and-track-suit wearing folks walking with excessive arm movements and trying to dart through the crowd, I'll know what I'm seeing. We should all be so lucky to be able to walk around WDW for exercise on a regular basis.

I do this at Disneyland. I usually walk 4-5 miles around my neighborhood five times a week. Usually, one day a week, during the school year, I do my walk at Disneyland. I live very close so it's just a fun way to have a change of scenery.

No fanny pack or track suit, though. Just comfy clothes and running shoes.

I've also occasionally been asked for ID when using a credit card. We don't like loading the credit card onto our Magic Bands (too easy to spend) so I carry the Disney Visa with me. I can remember once, though years ago, the dump shop at the Winnie the Pooh ride asked for photo ID. I always have mine on me as one of the bare essentials.

I always have my ID and AP card ready and hand them both to the attendant. They look at them, smile, hand them back and tell us to have a magical day. I learned to do this 10 years ago when we moved to Florida and began purchasing FL resident AP's. On our first visit, I handed the attendant my AP and he said "I need to see your ID". After digging around in my bag that was down my feet and finding my wallet and pulling out my DL, I am sure the people behind us were wondering what in the world was going on. So, for the past 10 years when we drive to the parks, I am ready. You get right through and it starts the park day on a magical note :)

I learned this the hard way after being an AP holder, losing my wallet at Epcot and trying to get to the central lost and found without having to pay for parking. I had a credit card that hadn't been in my wallet with my name on that but they still wouldn't use that to verify my AP (on my Magic band) and made me pay and then get refunded. I did get an extra set of FP with my refund because I was pissed that I had to pay for parking to get my wallet.

We were asked if we had picture I.D. Available, after they looked at our annual pass card and had scanned a Magic Band. We have Premium Annual Passes, and have been there over 150 times since Oct 1st (locals who walk for exercise 4 to 5 times per week). We gave our last name as usual so they know who we are.

Another pair of Disney World Walkers here! We are Disney snowbirds who head to a park for a "winter walk enhanced by Disney" a couple times a week.

It's obviously to prevent sharing of bands to get free parking to non qualified guests.

This may be only one reason out of many.

We've noticed a lot more extra attention to ID's lately

I was asked for photo ID in Dec 2016 after they scanned my MB when arriving at the GF. We had dining reservations at V&A's - which we told him - I was wearing a fancy floor length gown, DH was in a suit and tie, and we were in a taxi so it was reasonably obvious that we weren't trying to park for free and using the monorail to get to MK. In the GF, we had several CMs comment that we must be going for dinner at V&A when they saw us walking about looking in shop windows because of the way we were dressed. Was it because the booth guard was a newbie? Bored? Over vigilant? Just been for security training? Being watched by his boss? We just happened to be the nth person so they checked as per protocol? Who knows. I just always assume I need some kind of standard ID for a multitude of reasons and always carry it on me wherever I go (except on a cruise if I don't leave the ship).

However, on the same trip, we met up with friends who live in Florida and they drove us to the parks a couple of times. They have APs, scanned their bands at both hotel and parks and there were no questions.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a new policy?

SO SO JEALOUS!

Last week -
I had on MB with AP Holder slider

Wed: MK asked for ID and AP Card, scanned my AP Card
Thurs: AK asked for ID and AP Card, no scan
Thurs: Epcot asked for ID and AP Card, no scan
Fri: DHS asked for ID and AP Card, scanned my AP Card

I just figured it was my face that caused it .............. o_O

But then I have never once been allowed in with only my MB scan so no big.

In the past year I've probably entered a Disney park 50-100 times and I just have them scan my magic band,half the time they dont even scan it and wave you through,not once have I been asked for ID.At Universal its 100% that you need to show ID with your pass and 100% that they will ask you if you want to upgrade parking.At Sea World I just used to show my pass without ID but lately they're asking for it most of the time so I've started to just give it to them automatically.its obvious a lot of people are pulling fast ones to avoid parking fees,at least at Universal and Sea World and from the sound of the Op and other posts I've seen its happening at Disney as well with more reports of asking for ID.

ive been where sometimes they scan the actual pass and ask last name and sometimes they just see the pass and wave on. I've been sometimes so early and so late that noone was even at the toll boothes to check!

ive been where sometimes they scan the actual pass and ask last name and sometimes they just see the pass and wave on. I've been sometimes so early and so late that noone was even at the toll boothes to check!
The last couple of times I've gone to dhs is been about 3 hours before closing time, I go through the main entrance (not the one by the gas station) and I just put my wrist out for the cm to scan it and they have just waved me through without checking.

All of this is bringing to mind our recent experiences. In hind site, I remember now it was more the younger CMs (20-ish) just waving us through toll booths, or glancing at the AP card at restaurants but the older CM's asking for ID. That probably happened only about 3 times on our last trip. Interesting....

But all CM's, all ages, have carded my children (all adults) for alcohol at restaurants. So it hasn't applied to that type of carding, but for parking and AP discounts that I can remember. Although, all my children have their ID ready before they place their order if they order an adult beverage to make it easier on the servers. I've seen too many people wait to be asked for ID to order alcohol and then act like it's the biggest hassle in the world to show it. If a restaurant has to abide by laws, it shouldn't be an issue if a customer has to prove they are also compliant with the law.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter