Asking all DISers who go in June, how hot is it?

mermaidwannabe

DIS Veteran
Lol, I've been to DW in April (pure bliss as far as weather goes) and late May, which was quite hot for us Montanans who are used to dry heat. :) We are trying to make a vacation to go mid-June and wanted to hear it from you all who go then, is it doable? Do you all get cranky by 2PM from the heat? :) We will probably go no matter what, but I'm trying to incorporate other things into our vacations, like perhaps Discovery Cove (if I ever get a deal) and Cocoa Beach. I posted a similar question a few years ago, and a lot of people said not to go then, but we can't take our kids out of school anymore, since our school district has become strict on this. Maybe it's time to home school, ha ha.

Thanks for any input!

very hot! Just remember to stay hydrated. A lot of the rides and lines are indoor, so that should help. Get a few Frogg Toggs and some mini-fans.

I just googled those since I'd never heard of Frogg Toggs. Those sound great! We took little wipees to put water on to put on the backs of my kids' necks last time we went, so these sound a lot better. Thanks!

Very hot,a tad cooler than July and August but still hot enough to make you feel like you need another shower as you wait for your bus to go to your first park in the morning.Another thing is that June is the beginning of the wet season so humidity levels jump from May which is the last of the relatively dry months.

There is hot and then there is June at Disney World hot!!! As pp said stay hydrated, go early to the parks take lots of breaks and those mini fans that spray water are a life saver when standing in line.

We went last June. I didn't really follow the weather forecasts to know which days were hotter, but we didn't feel overly hot in MK and AK. Maybe it was because the attractions in MK are closer together, and AK has trees? Or maybe those days were a smidge cooler. Epcot World Showcase was where we really felt it. That was where we broke down and got the water misters. They helped, but were also a pain to carry around.

At one point in WS we were eating our caramels and a British girl of about 9 walked by and said "Daaaddy, it's TOOOO hot" in her cute little accent. That became our phrase of the week (in an accent of course).

We got a little acclimated to it because it was just as hot and humid at home, and we didn't have any air conditioning at the time. It was hot, but I would do it again (and probably will since the kids don't want to miss school).

We went last June. I didn't really follow the weather forecasts to know which days were hotter, but we didn't feel overly hot in MK and AK. Maybe it was because the attractions in MK are closer together, and AK has trees? Or maybe those days were a smidge cooler. Epcot World Showcase was where we really felt it. That was where we broke down and got the water misters. They helped, but were also a pain to carry around.

At one point in WS we were eating our caramels and a British girl of about 9 walked by and said "Daaaddy, it's TOOOO hot" in her cute little accent. That became our phrase of the week (in an accent of course).

We got a little acclimated to it because it was just as hot and humid at home, and we didn't have any air conditioning at the time. It was hot, but I would do it again (and probably will since the kids don't want to miss school).

The water misters are definitely helpful. They cost at least $15 in the parks, and $5 at Walmart. Make sure you had this to your packing list.

We took two grandsons the last week in June and it was very very hot. Our trip was carefully planned to go to a park in the morning and go to a water park in the afternoon, to the hotel pool, or somewhere that had air conditioning. We also did not spend any time waiting in long lines for main attractions. The boys were young enough not to have an agenda and anything we did they were just happy campers. Suggestion would be to plan on afternoon "cool" retreats to get through the hot heat.

So funny...sounds like something my family would repeat all week, lol. My DD14 bought one of those misters when we were there five years ago and we LOVED it. It's fan is broken now, but it still shoots water out. They are quite large, but I bet two of them would fit in our backpacks fine and maybe the ones at Walmart are smaller.

SO HOT! Oh my goodness was it hot when we went in June 2009! Too hot for me. Seriously though, it can be done. We took frozen water bottles with us to the park. I had a neck cooling wrap that I wore. Hit the parks at opening and be out after lunch. We would hang at the pool during the afternoon heat and go pack to the parks in the evening. Don't try and do commando touring. Take it easy, stay hydrated and take breaks often.

jb

We were there the first week of June last year for star wars weekends and we showered 3 times a day. We left most parks mid day to go to the pool. When anyone tells you it is hot in June they mean it!!!

I think the key to visiting WDW in the hot summer months is to stay hydrated, take a/c breaks when you need them (which isn't difficult with all the indoor attractions and queues), and adjust your touring plan to take advantage of getting to the parks early when the crowds are lower and touring the parks in the evenings when the temperatures are a little more comfortable. What is nice about WDW in the summer is that the park hours are longer and it gets dark out later. Thousands of people go to WDW in the summer months and have a great trip. The heat can be intense, but is manageable IMO.

How hot? It's Africa hot. Tarzan can't take that kind of heat. Hydrate, hydrate hydrate.

It's hot. Really hot. I was ok and the kids were ok but my husband got sick a few times despite following all the tips. After two summer trips we are now going to try another time of year. We still had an awesome trip and it was summer or nothing we would do it again.

How hot? It's Africa hot. Tarzan can't take that kind of heat. Hydrate, hydrate hydrate.

:rotfl2:My DH has said that exact same quote both times we have gone in June! We must be gluttons for punishment because we are planning our next trip for June 2013.

I went a few years ago in June and the African cast members were commenting that it never gets this hot in African and were calling it Florida hot. Seriously, it was in the 100's every day with 100% humidity. I vowed to never go again in June. Better stay around the pool or water parks in the afternoon.

We have only been in June and we survived. yes, it is so hot you feel like you may melt into the pavement. May I suggest that you pack clothes that are a size bigger than normal if you have any? Last trip I had lost some weight and some of my clothes were big. The days I wore the bigger clothes were SO much more comfortable.:thumbsup2

Adding to the little British girls quote of "Daddy it's too hot" I also heard a quote this past October at DTD that I repeat whenever I feel hot.A lady and I think her mother said "can you believe it's almost November and it's this hot",I think I've been saying this since that day and people obviously look at you weird when you say this in December,but it's an inside joke in our house.By the way I'm down in South Florida and it was like 83 yesterday,"Can you believe it's almost November and it's this hot".

I agree with all the previous suggestions...misting fans, breaks in the afternoons, either at the resort pool or inside in air-conditioned attractions or stores, and staying hydrated. However, for me, I think the biggest way I deal with the heat is to get my body to "accept it." Try not to fight the "sweaty" feeling. Know that your entire body and clothes will be wringing wet before you even get to the bus stop in the morning. Once I get used to being "wet" all day, I don't mind the heat so much.

Summer is hot for sure, but it is very doable.

I agree with all the previous suggestions...misting fans, breaks in the afternoons, either at the resort pool or inside in air-conditioned attractions or stores, and staying hydrated. However, for me, I think the biggest way I deal with the heat is to get my body to "accept it." Try not to fight the "sweaty" feeling. Know that your entire body and clothes will be wringing wet before you even get to the bus stop in the morning. Once I get used to being "wet" all day, I don't mind the heat so much.

Summer is hot for sure, but it is very doable.

This works for me, too. You just have to get over it because it's either that, or stay in your room or go home, lol.

I've been once in August and twice in September and yup - it's HOT! August 2008 our trip was sandwiched between two hurricanes and everyday was like a sauna....but we still had fun! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter