asking for an upgrade?

CMLDisney12

Mouseketeer
I'm not really sure what this would gain us? I have read it a few times on the boards and a few people have mentioned it. My sister works for Marriot and she said she hates it when people ask and won't give them one sometimes just because she hates it. So I'm wondering if #1 what it would gain us #2 is it worth bothering #3 what our chances of actually getting an upgrade are #4 when/where do I do it? (we are arriving tomorrow)

I'm not really sure what this would gain us? I have read it a few times on the boards and a few people have mentioned it. My sister works for Marriot and she said she hates it when people ask and won't give them one sometimes just because she hates it. So I'm wondering if #1 what it would gain us #2 is it worth bothering #3 what our chances of actually getting an upgrade are #4 when/where do I do it? (we are arriving tomorrow)

If you are prepared to pay the difference for the upgrade, and at rack rate (not at a discounted rate you might have), then go ahead and ask. If you're looking for a free upgrade, asking is probably the worst way to go about it. Have a great trip though!! :goodvibes

On our last trip we didnt ask but were pleasantly surprised when we got in the room that we had a side view of the lake from our balcony (when we had just requested garden view). If it is in lower season I think I would ask if they had any upgrades available? During busier times probably not.

If you're willing to pay for the upgrade and ask what the cost would be to do it, you should be able to upgrade if there's a room available. But, asking for a free upgrade is usually a sure way not to get one.

#1 what it would gain us

An upgraded room if you're willing to pay the difference.

#2 is it worth bothering

If you want an upgrade and willing to pay for it, it's worth it

#3 what our chances of actually getting an upgrade are

If there is an upgraded room available and you're willing to pay the differnce, I'd say pretty good

#4 when/where do I do it? (we are arriving tomorrow)

At the check-in desk

I'm glad I asked. I assumed when people were suggesting to ask for an upgrade it's because I is free. LoL. I don't ever travel so I dont know these things.

I would never ask for a free upgrade. Your sister is right. Most CMs at the desk hate that, and its the best way not to get one. I have gotten many free upgrades, but never ask for them. I book the room I can live with, and if I get a free upgrade its just icing on the cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter