Asking for DD, she will be travelling to Paris and going to DLP during a train strike

bear_mom

DIS Veteran
DD is studying aboard in Rome and going to Paris over her spring break, with a day trip to DLP (using tickets we were supposed to use during a cancelled trip due to COVID) with a friend. In talking to dd today, she shared that there will be a train strike on the day they were supposed to go. What are some alternate ways to get from downtown out to DLP?

DD is studying aboard in Rome and going to Paris over her spring break, with a day trip to DLP (using tickets we were supposed to use during a cancelled trip due to COVID) with a friend. In talking to dd today, she shared that there will be a train strike on the day they were supposed to go. What are some alternate ways to get from downtown out to DLP?

Taxi
Shuttle (private van)
I think they have uber/lyft there too.

I sometimes use Uber but only for short distances.

But is she sure the trains in and out of Paris are on strike? RER is technically the Parisian subway and sometimes things get lost in translation when SNCF is on strike, they are the actual train.

In Paris they tend to strike very, very often. I've been multiple times during a strike. Best thing I do is use the app citymapper. It will take the strike into account and work out the best routes with all forms of transport including Uber, taxi, etc. It's invaluable and free. See how today it knows where the strikes are and what alternative methods you can take! It gives you easy to follow step by step guides and even breaks down the cost, time etc. It even tells you which platform and carriageo nce you get going.

Screenshot_2023-03-08-00-23-31-494.jpg
This is public transport option one if you want to do it as cheap as possible. I think I'd happily subscribe to the pro version for one month to use the more advance option with strikes as you get mix mode transport that will mix even more modes from bikes, ride hails, trains metros etc.
Screenshot_2023-03-08-00-39-02-964.jpg
But this below is the standard cheapest option.:

Screenshot_2023-03-08-00-26-00-177.jpg

Are you sure the strike is on the RER line to the park, often the strikes happen on one track/line.

Also note that if the strike will effect transport home Disney will put warnings out over the park tannoy to alert visitors.

On a side note if you ever visit London you can use it to pay and cover your public transport costs. I hope in time with the Paris metro payment system being upgraded the same will apply soon!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-08-00-26-00-177.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-08-00-26-00-177.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ihad almost forgotten... I am going to DLP this week and I got an email yesterday, the trains on Thursday from Brussels to Marne la Vallee are all cancelled.

My friend will travel a day later, I will go to Paris Gare Du Nord on Thursday, hope the strike doesn't spread to the RER and get there on Thursday due to the hotel costs. Can't get a hold of Santa Fe and don't want to get extra costs.

ON Friday there is an AP party and hotel prices are insane by now.

Fingers crossed.

Did see a message that DLP changed their entertainment schedule yesterday and had the fireworks earlier, so people could see it, as the late evening trains back to Paris were cancelled due to the strike.

On the RER A to DLP. some trains are cancelled, so longer wait times between transfers. However, there are still trains going today.

It is mainly the B line that has disruptions at the moment.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the citymapper app but when I type in Paris, everything pulls up in French. I can't find a way to change the settings.

Citymapper uses the language that your phone is set to, so to change the language used in the app, please change your phone's language.

This is public transport option one if you want to do it as cheap as possible. I think I'd happily subscribe to the pro version for one month to use the more advance option with strikes as you get mix mode transport that will mix even more modes from bikes, ride hails, trains metros etc
I didn't find a "pro" app or option. You mean the Citymapper Club subscription, don't you?

Citymapper uses the language that your phone is set to, so to change the language used in the app, please change your phone's language.
I tried that. I don't know what the deal is. It switches to english if I change the city to an english speaking one.

Yes, club. And that's very odd. I've never had an issue with languages. The official government warnings don't change language in the app for me but the app remains English for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter