• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

asking for prayers

Deesknee

<font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)
Hi Everyone,

My childhood friends Mom is going in for surgery to remove a piece of her lung tomorrow. Although this womans daughter and I haven't been close in many years, this family is a huge part of who I am today.

Years before I had my children my friend and I had a bit of a falling out. Much of it, in hindsight, was my fault. I backed out of her wedding several months prior too it due to financial reasons. I guess it hurt her more than I realized, because she didn't invite me to the wedding and never really spoke to me after that. Regardless, I had such admiration for her mom that I named my oldest daughter after her. This is truly a remarkable warm, gentle, loving hard working woman. Who when I needed a family, when my own was struggling, she opened hers to me. I will be eternally grateful for that. I had my own family whom I llived and loved and I had her family whom I loved and spend many "family" moments with. Sharing board games, and outings. Things my family didn't do. She was diagnosed with cancer last summer. The family was asking for prayers, they didn't expect her to get thru the holidays. She did. Now she needs this surgery. Please pray for her & her family.

I know we all are on this board because we have pain. But, even if it is just in a simple prayer such as what I do for all of you, "please God watch over my disboard friends, see what's in their hearts and heal them & those they love."
Thanks to you all. And you all will remain in my prayers.

Peace & Love,
Dee

thank you all. Still waiting to hear how it went. I certainly don't expect to be the first to be called. Will probably find out via facebook, which is absolutely fine. I just wish I knew. But, i'm sure they are all exhausted. I will just keep praying. I know they anticipated her to stay in ICU for a few days. Thank you all again for your positive thoughts, prayers & hugs. They all help.

Just got word, she may be coming home Saturday (technically today). That is all I know. But, the fact they are letting her home so soon, I am hoping is good news.

Just got word, she may be coming home Saturday (technically today). That is all I know. But, the fact they are letting her home so soon, I am hoping is good news.

What great news!!! Thanks for the update.

Prayers for your other mother. I had lots of other mothers when I was growing up. I know that they are special in their own sort of way. Hope her surgery goes well without any complications.

Hugs:grouphug:

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I got another update today. She is home and recovering from the surgery. She is able to slowly get around the 1st floor of her home. She will go back to chemo once she has recovered from the surgery. Probably a couple more week.s

Thanks for everyones prayers. If you think of it, please continue. I believe she still has a long road ahead of her.

Prayers and well wishes for all of you.

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter