• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At AKL - Disney Visa Question

Ciandella915

Mouseketeer
We booked a three-night trip to AKL because we had several hundred Disney Visa Rewards dollars and I was able to get a $258 rate. I just went down to apply them to our bill (we check out tomorrow) and the front desk wouldn't let me apply it to the hotel bill just the incidentals. So I have about $550 left over.

I know I should be able to do this because I have done it before at POFQ... has something changed? It looks like they charged my credit card on check-in day for the full amount.

Thanks!

We booked a three-night trip to AKL because we had several hundred Disney Visa Rewards dollars and I was able to get a $258 rate. I just went down to apply them to our bill (we check out tomorrow) and the front desk wouldn't let me apply it to the hotel bill just the incidentals. So I have about $550 left over.

I know I should be able to do this because I have done it before at POFQ... has something changed? It looks like they charged my credit card on check-in day for the full amount.

Thanks!

They can do it, but they will have to reverse the charges that they already ran for the cost of the room. Then they can use your Reward Dollars. Maybe the CM didn't feel like doing that.

Yes Your credit card on file is charged early in the morning of check in. That has been discussed here quite a bit. As @dansdad stated, those charges can be reversed and your Disney Dollars applied to the balance.
Good Luck

They seem to be charging the credit cards on file MUCH earlier than before. It may be now once it hits $500. I have been able to reverse the charges but it takes a good while to show on your statement. For the next trip I may pop over to the desk nightly to check on the charges. Or really just try to use the rewards card more in the parks.

In the past, we applied them to the room. Now, we just use the reward card money on restaurants, TS and QS, and shopping. Over a week, the money is usually gone quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter