At first they didn't want me to come, now they don't want me to leave! April 2021 F&G TR (Updated 9/6!)

I know! I was actually really surprised, but glad he's cool with it. I'm heading down on September 9th, and my mom will join me on the 10th, and then we'll be there through the following weekend. Nice long trip to make up for the one cancelled last September. Cannot wait!

Right? So weird! It's definitely getting better though, so hopefully by the trip it doesn't hurt at all.
I was invited to join my nephew and his wife for a quick 4 day trip starting 9/17 so we overlap for a couple days. They are DVC and had gotten a chance to try Ratatouille and they were able to add me so I am excited. Hope you have a great trip

Why is it that every time we're banged up we manage to bump our sore spot or area or hit it or whatever to make it hurt even more? My DW sprained her ankle when she missed the last step going down the stairs at our health club of all places. It took seven weeks for it to get to where she could continue to take her exercise classes there. Then I accidently ran over the same foot with a shopping cart a couple of days ago. Her little toe is now black and blue. She had to tape and pad it order to continue with her exercising classes. Hope your foot is feeling normal when you return to the land of Mickey and steps galore on the fit bit.

. The other day I was stepping over him, and he decided to stand up while I was, and of course I ended up tripping on him and came crashing down on my bad foot.
I'm sorry to hear about the crash. I hope it gets better before the trip.
I finally got my costumes put together for boo bash!
It sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun with those costumes. :)

I hope your foot starts to feel better. Wow two Boo bash events, have fun! I love your costume ideas sounds perfect for the events

Thanks! Yeah, I'm excited for the two Boo Bashes. Normally when we go in September we end up attending both a MNSSHP and a DAH, but without the MNSSHP this year we figured might as well do two Boo Bashes! Can't wait!

I was invited to join my nephew and his wife for a quick 4 day trip starting 9/17 so we overlap for a couple days. They are DVC and had gotten a chance to try Ratatouille and they were able to add me so I am excited. Hope you have a great trip

Wow, that is awesome,! I can't wait to check out Ratatouille, it looks like so much fun. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Why is it that every time we're banged up we manage to bump our sore spot or area or hit it or whatever to make it hurt even more? My DW sprained her ankle when she missed the last step going down the stairs at our health club of all places. It took seven weeks for it to get to where she could continue to take her exercise classes there. Then I accidently ran over the same foot with a shopping cart a couple of days ago. Her little toe is now black and blue. She had to tape and pad it order to continue with her exercising classes. Hope your foot is feeling normal when you return to the land of Mickey and steps galore on the fit bit.

Ha! That is so true! Funny enough, while walking yesterday my foot made a huge cracking noise....and now feels significantly better. It's so weird, but I'll take it!

Day 4, Part 6: Where Did All the People Go?

We last left off with me hopping on the skyliner back to head back to YC. Being the middle of the afternoon, there was no line and I hopped right on my own personal gondola! It was a quick ride over to CB where there was a small line, maybe 10 groups, to hop on the Epcot line. It was a quick transfer and soon we were flying again!

My original plan was to head back to YC for a break, but as we were flying into Epcot, I noticed that the park looked completely empty so decided to take advantage of it and went into Epcot instead!

Compared to the previous days, Epcot was dead this afternoon, it was glorious!

I decided to try something new as my first stop so headed into France and back to the new bathrooms!

It was a pretty underwhelming new thing to check out...

After the quick pit stop, I made my way over to Morocco where I got the Moroccan Seafood Couscous and the sangria.

This was really good!

Once finished with my food, I wandered slowly through WS checking out the countries.

My next stop was at Japan where I got the Soy-glazed Pork Shank and the Sakura Zen Ale.

I was blown away with how good this was! Both the pork and the beer ended up being at the top of my favorites list!

While enjoying my food, I decided to give my mom a call and we ended up doing a Google Meet so I could show her Epcot and my food!

After finishing up in Japan, I made my way over to Italy for some more goodies!

Here I ordered the Arancini and the Italian Margarita.

The funniest thing happened here, when I ordered the margarita I just said “the margarita” instead of “the Italian margarita”, so the CM I ordered from thought I wanted the Margherita flatbread instead! I didn’t realize she had made this mistake until I got to the window to pick up the food and the CM started to hand me the flatbread!

It worked out ok though, I told that CM that I meant the margarita drink when I ordered, and she was great and just gave me the drink instead….so I ended up saving some money at that booth!

The margarita was delicious as always, and the arancini was really good!

While enjoying my food, I noticed a PP photographer setting up nearby, so once I finished my food I headed over there for some pictures!

I have to say, this was the grumpiest CM I have ever dealt with. She actually gave this huge sigh when I went over and asked for pictures, and begrudgingly responded “I guess.” Someone got out on the wrong side of bed that day!

Anyways, after getting my pictures I made my way out of the park to finish up packing and rest! I had plans to come back to Epcot later in the evening, but ended up being too tired and sore, so opted to just have an early night since I had an early DME the following morning.

Up Next: At First They Didn’t Want Me to Come, Now They Don’t Want Me to Leave!

Last edited:
I was underwhelmed by the new bathrooms in France as well. But the newly refurbished restrooms in Morocco are beautiful. And yes, I made it a point to check both out. Tell me you're a Disney nerd without saying you're a Disney nerd. :rolleyes:

OMG that pork shank with truffled mashed potato in Japan was SOOOOOO good. Really hope that returns next year!

That photopass CM sounds awful but she took a cute shot!

My original plan was to head back to YC for a break, but as we were flying into Epcot, I noticed that the park looked completely empty so decided to take advantage of it and went into Epcot instead!
We like to take the Skyliner back to the Epcot resorts, too. It is a bonus to check out the crowd in the world showcase.

I wish Disney would end the park hopping 2pm time and let us hop whenever we want. We like to eat lunch at the food booths and the 2pm rule makes that impossible. :(

I decided to try something new as my first stop so headed into France and back to the new bathrooms!

It was a pretty underwhelming new thing to check out...
I checked the new bathroom out last time we were there and I was surprised that it wasn't bigger.

I have to say, this was the grumpiest CM I have ever dealt with. She actually gave this huge sigh when I went over and asked for pictures, and begrudgingly responded “I guess.” Someone got out on the wrong side of bed that day!

That is strange behavior since she is supposed to be taking pictures.

I was underwhelmed by the new bathrooms in France as well. But the newly refurbished restrooms in Morocco are beautiful. And yes, I made it a point to check both out. Tell me you're a Disney nerd without saying you're a Disney nerd. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: Definitely planning to check out the Morocco bathrooms on our upcoming trip now!

OMG that pork shank with truffled mashed potato in Japan was SOOOOOO good. Really hope that returns next year!

Wasn't it amazing? Never would have expected that to be at the top of my favorites!

That photopass CM sounds awful but she took a cute shot!

Seriously!

We like to take the Skyliner back to the Epcot resorts, too. It is a bonus to check out the crowd in the world showcase.

I wish Disney would end the park hopping 2pm time and let us hop whenever we want. We like to eat lunch at the food booths and the 2pm rule makes that impossible. :(

This 100%, I was really hoping the 2pm hopping rule would go away before our September trip. We too like to do lunch at the food booths after a morning at another park. Our favorite way to get back to the YC after a morning in MK is to monorail to Epcot and walk through the park stopping at food booths along the way. Guess we can still do that, but we normally are done with MK before noon so we'd have to hang out in the MK area a lot longer than we'd prefer.

I checked the new bathroom out last time we were there and I was surprised that it wasn't bigger.

Yeah, they were smaller than expected, and I don't know why, but I expected them to be nicer. Not that they're bad, and they get the job done, so can't really complain!

That is strange behavior since she is supposed to be taking pictures.

Haha, exactly! Maybe since she had just set up a few minutes prior she wasn't fully ready yet? I dunno, it was weird, but I love the Daisy shot she took!

Happy Sunday everyone! I am so ridiculously excited, less than two weeks until Disney World!

August has FLOWN by, I swear it was August 1st like 3 days ago, and now suddenly next weekend is Labor day weekend? How did that happen? Although I can’t complain, having a Disney trip come up this fast is fantastic!

I’ve been watching the wait times lately and they look awesome! I can’t believe how low they have been, so much lower than when I went in April. I hope this trend continues though our trip.

While we’re excited about the entire trip, there are few things we’re extra excited about. First up, Boo Bash! We love love love after hours events, and this is like an after hours on steroids, there is so much to do beyond the rides! Gonna have to plan our nights well so we can get as much done as possible.

Another thing we’re super excited about is some new dining experiences we haven’t done before, namely the California Grill and Geyser Point! I have been dying to go to California Grill for ages, I keep reading these great reviews of the goat cheese ravioli, and I even made it myself at home, so I am super excited to try that out finally! With Geyser Point, while we’re excited for the food, we’re more excited to check out Wilderness Lodge. Apparently we had been there back in 2000, but I 100% don’t remember that, so it’ll be cool to check it out again. We’ll be doing both of these before our Boo Bashes, so easy access to MK!

We’re also so excited for our cabana days. We booked them both for the day after a Boo Bash, so we won’t feel the need to rush out of the park at night to try to maximize sleep. It’ll be so nice to sleep in those days, and the first one is half way through our trip so it’ll be a nice mid-trip break. We really have trouble slowing down in Disney, so these days will force us to actually relax for once!

Lastly, we cannot wait for all the food and wine goodies and doing Emile’s Fromage Montage! I’m pumped that most of the booths that weren’t scheduled to open until October opened early. I was so sad originally that we would miss the Mac and Cheese booth and the lobster booth, but not now! Yippy!

As for this TR, will be working on finishing it this week since there’s only 11 days until the trip! Update to come soon!

hese were the closest people to me, you can see their stuff on the bar way at the end (the stuff closest to me was just a sample of some of the offerings).

The nearest person was a solid 12ft away from me, there were maybe 20 people total in there, it was amazing.

I ended up ordering the Jedi Mind Trick to drink and then the Happabore Sampler, which was basically a fancy charcuterie board.
Much different experience at Oga's than when we were packed in there two weeks ago. I did enjoy it though, it was a totally fun atmosphere!
So I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. Funny enough it’s the same foot I broke years ago while windsurfing, and what has me a bit concerned was back then when it was broken it didn’t hurt nearly as much as it does now. (While it hurt back then, is was so mild that I didn’t even go to the doctor until about 3 weeks after breaking it, and that was simply because it was still crazy swollen…yes, I get scolded by doctors often).
Yikes! Hope you are healing well.
And on a more positive note, I finally got my costumes put together for boo bash! The first night I will be a wilderness explorer, just received the shirt for that I ordered and it’s going to be super cute. The second night, since we’re eating at the California Grill before the event, I’m doing a bit more subtle of a costume and am going as a dalmatian. For that I have a black skirt and a polka dot shirt, and then of course my dalmatian ears (which will be donned after dinner). I’m super excited for this event. While the youtube videos I watched of the ones that have happened do look a lot more crowded than the DAH events we’ve attended in the past, it still doesn’t look bad at all crowd wise, so hoping for a lot of walk-on rides! Also glad we’re doing two since there does seem to be a lot to do in only three hours!
Your costumes sound adorable!
Another thing we’re super excited about is some new dining experiences we haven’t done before, namely the California Grill and Geyser Point! I have been dying to go to California Grill for ages, I keep reading these great reviews of the goat cheese ravioli, and I even made it myself at home, so I am super excited to try that out finally! With Geyser Point, while we’re excited for the food, we’re more excited to check out Wilderness Lodge. Apparently we had been there back in 2000, but I 100% don’t remember that, so it’ll be cool to check it out again. We’ll be doing both of these before our Boo Bashes, so easy access to MK!
I love Geyser Point so much!!! It really was the highlight of our recent trip. Some of the the things we tried and loved were the bison burger, the teriyaki chicken wings, the cheesy brisket dip, the goat cheese and portobello salad, the salmon, the charcuterie board and the campfire chocolate mousse. Can you tell we loved it??? Jack's favourite beverage was the northwest iced tea and my fave was the cascade sangria. If you are there, look for Rob and Crystal. They are two of the best CMs ever!

With Geyser Point, while we’re excited for the food, we’re more excited to check out Wilderness Lodge.
We love Wilderness Lodge and Geyser Point. We usually go there for lunch during every trip, even when we are staying at a different resort. Make sure you check out Boulder Ridge. There are some interesting displays in BR, and my favorite fireplace. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter