• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At MK - Woman Chokes Girl for Blocking Fireworks View

I'd probably break and choke someone out too. You wait 2 hours for a spot to watch the fireworks just to have someone rudely ruin it for you right as the show starts.

Disclaimer: I wouldn't actually do it, but there have been a time or two when I wanted to.

Where do you even sit for the fireworks? I generally expect people to stand up when the show is starting, unless this was somewhere other than the hub/Main Street area.
Only place I can see people sitting is the Plaza Gardens.

We have sat on the steps under the Train Station, with a view straight down Main Street.

Sounds like the woman needs a vacation from her vacation. It is annoying when people jump in front of you at parades and fireworks shows, but the girls left when they realized it was a problem. The woman's ego couldn't let the initial outrage go. I feel sorry for her family who has to put up with her everyday. Now she's facing a felony charge. Pathetic.

I love the fireworks as much as the next person, but this is beyond excessive. I just can't imagine getting that upset over something so trivial.

I'd probably break and choke someone out too. You wait 2 hours for a spot to watch the fireworks just to have someone rudely ruin it for you right as the show starts.

Disclaimer: I wouldn't actually do it, but there have been a time or two when I wanted to.

Sounds like the woman needs a vacation from her vacation. It is annoying when people jump in front of you at parades and fireworks shows, but the girls left when they realized it was a problem. The woman's ego couldn't let the initial outrage go. I feel sorry for her family who has to put up with her everyday. Now she's facing a felony charge. Pathetic.

ALL reports have been consistent ... the girls and the family were all sitting and waiting for fireworks. Before they started the girls stood up and lady did not wish too.

I was there Monday night for the fireworks, sitting waiting just as described. About 5 minutes before, CMs with flashlights were walking all through the HUB area yelling for everyone to stand up, no sitting allowed. We would have had a great view if we stayed sitting but they were quite clear all must stand.

My experience in garden as well was CMs told us ALL must stand during fireworks.

I would guess with this weeks crowds they experienced the same. The woman had no right to get upset or say a word let alone assault someone. I'm glad the girl agreed to press charges.

ALL reports have been consistent ... the girls and the family were all sitting and waiting for fireworks. Before they started the girls stood up and lady did not wish too.

I was there Monday night for the fireworks, sitting waiting just as described. About 5 minutes before, CMs with flashlights were walking all through the HUB area yelling for everyone to stand up, no sitting allowed. We would have had a great view if we stayed sitting but they were quite clear all must stand.

My experience in garden as well was CMs told us ALL must stand during fireworks.

I would guess with this weeks crowds they experienced the same. The woman had no right to get upset or say a word let alone assault someone. I'm glad the girl agreed to press charges.

What I'm saying is, I could stake my spot 2 hours before the show (not that I do that) and then 2 minutes before it starts someone tries to force their way in. Now I know in this situation everyone was waiting together and everyone had their own curb space, but I was just saying I understand the aggravation.

I was there for one of the Christmas parties last year and they were letting everyone sit in the gardens. I got there about 15 minutes before the fireworks so I could grab some photos (with a camera, not an ipad) I stood behind a guy in a wheelchair by the fountain with no one else around thinking that wouldn't interfere and got griped at by some lady 10 feet behind me for blocking her and her kids view while sitting. I moved and, while most people remained seated in the garden, all the people in the hub started putting their kids on their shoulders and blocking direct views of the castle so some stood up anyway.

If she was too tired to stand for the 12 minutes worth of Wishes then how was she going to walk all the way out to the buses, monorail, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter