• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atkins diet question??

tink29

DCO Fan
Just the other day I was watching Barbara Walters daytime show "The View". They had Dr. Atkins on there, explaining his method of eating right. He had mentioned that some people do well, once they are on the maintainence level, on 60 carbs a day.....some can have 100 carbs a day. Dr. Atkins said that everyone is different, and each person needs to find out what amount of carbs a day, keeps them at the weight they want to be, without gaining weight.

I would like to hear from those on the Atkins diet, please? Let me know how many carbs a day you're allowed to have, and you can maintain the weight you're at?

Thanks!

I'm on Atkins, still a long way from my goal. The idea is that the first two weeks is restricted to <20 carbs daily. Then each week after you add 5 more carbs per day.

Once you get close to your goal you start watching to see at what point you start gaining and back down 5 carbs from that amount so that you lose the last pounds VERY slowly. By the time you are at your goal, you have an idea of how many carbs you can consume each day to maintain without gaining.

I'm a novice at Atkins, we have some pros on this board. They can probably explain this better than I can.

I'm having no trouble with this eating plan so far. Lots of energy and lots of weight loss in the 3 weeks I've been eating low carb. My husband has realized some very important reduction of blood sugars eating this way. I think we've found our lifetime plan.

Dr. Atkins's book explains the entire plan, including which supplements you need and how to break a "weight loss plateau". It's easy to read and is worth the time.

Katholyn

Well... for a novice ... you did a GREAT job of explaining it Katholyn!

I am not up to my limit yet... as I am still working on losing my weight. I have eaten as much as a net 50 carbs without gaining - but I do not know if I can go higher or not. Just have not tried it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter