Atlanta will become the US Soccer National training home for the USMNT/USWNT. This will be the USA's version of St. George's Park or Clairefontaine.

I live in metro Atlanta and this is the first I’ve heard of it. Does anyone know where this new facility is going? I googled briefly but couldn’t find that info.

I live in metro Atlanta and this is the first I’ve heard of it. Does anyone know where this new facility is going? I googled briefly but couldn’t find that info.
They haven't released where it is specifically being built yet. My guess is we will know by January since they probably want it built in time for summer 2026.

Are you happy it's happening in Atlanta? This will be a huge thing for the sport and will help us achieve top 10 team status in the world for years to come. We may actually finally win the FIFA World Cup.

Are you happy it's happening in Atlanta? This will be a huge thing for the sport and will help us achieve top 10 team status in the world for years to come. We may actually finally win the FIFA World Cup.
OK, why?

Having a single training location with everything known and coordinated is a good thing for the team, I get that. How does it benefit "the sport"? For that matter, how does it make the squad better? Unless they're lacking some training benefit at the other locations, how does it help?

I can see it would help those who set up the training grounds. That's got to be a pain to go somewhere different every time (assuming that's what they do).

From ATL - #UniteAndConquer - I’m excited!!

Our owner has the cash to make sure this is top notch! Soccer has become very big here - 70,000 tickets sold for tomorrow in hopes of seeing Messi! (ours are still for sale but not looking good, so many for sale, likely going).

Where oh where? Not decided yet. I’d think closer to airport, maybe South Fulton. Good triangle with MB stadium. ATLUTD facility is north of ATL with access to KSU soccer stadium so would they try to triangle with those two?

There are so great hot spots right now so I’d love to see the sites being considered.

OK, why?

Having a single training location with everything known and coordinated is a good thing for the team, I get that. How does it benefit "the sport"? For that matter, how does it make the squad better? Unless they're lacking some training benefit at the other locations, how does it help?

I can see it would help those who set up the training grounds. That's got to be a pain to go somewhere different every time (assuming that's what they do).
Three things.

1. It helps the team, program, and athletes (youth to the senior A team) help make the whole system move towards a European style of seriousness and professionalism that many top nations look down on us for not having. All rich nations have a national training facility and we lack that.

2. One goal of this is to help make soccer more structured within the whole country. I'm not talking about the pay to play debate but helping the youth programs improve and having better soccer programs/opportunities improve as well.

3. This will help recruit duel nationals and help gain further sponsorships and funding from American companies to invest into youth programs, which will help with accessibility and better prospects for the USA programs as a whole leading into 2026 and 2028.

It will probably be built far from Atlanta, like how the Falcons training facility is 45 miles away from where the Falcons and Atlanta United play their games.

Maybe it will be out by Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground where Atlanta United practices. That is at least only 16 miles from Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

It has been 20 years but all I think about when I hear Arthur Blank's name mentioned is him settling his sexual discrimination lawsuit for a rumored seven figure amount.

Perhaps he has changed, most likely he has not.

They haven't released where it is specifically being built yet. My guess is we will know by January since they probably want it built in time for summer 2026.
Gotcha. There are plans currently underway to build a billion dollar stadium about 15 minutes from where I am. It’s my understanding that they’re trying to attract an NHL team, and I was wondering if they might put soccer there instead if the hockey thing didn’t pan out.

I’m happy for the soccer fans who are excited for this. 😬

*Whoops, sorry for the messy quotes.

Three things.

1. It helps the team, program, and athletes (youth to the senior A team) help make the whole system move towards a European style of seriousness and professionalism that many top nations look down on us for not having. All rich nations have a national training facility and we lack that.
It "helps" other countries not look down on us? Yup. That helps bring in results. Still not sure it helps "the sport".
2. One goal of this is to help make soccer more structured within the whole country. I'm not talking about the pay to play debate but helping the youth programs improve and having better soccer programs/opportunities improve as well.
Sorry, you're going to have to explain that one. "Make soccer more structured"? What does that even mean? What will be different when this place opens vs what we're doing now? I'm assuming the team still gets together for training, meetings, etc. This just gives them a dedicated space, yes?
3. This will help recruit duel nationals and help gain further sponsorships and funding from American companies to invest into youth programs, which will help with accessibility and better prospects for the USA programs as a whole leading into 2026 and 2028.
Sorry, I think you're pie in the sky again. Will there be sponsors for this location? I'm sure. Will that trickle down to the grass roots youth programs? doubt it.

It "helps" other countries not look down on us? Yup. That helps bring in results. Still not sure it helps "the sport".
Our program being looked at with respect helps those countries domestic leagues give more USA players a look. European leagues are slowly changing their view on American soccer but this should speed that up.

Sorry, you're going to have to explain that one. "Make soccer more structured"? What does that even mean? What will be different when this place opens vs what we're doing now? I'm assuming the team still gets together for training, meetings, etc. This just gives them a dedicated space, yes?
I believe they want to potentially change how soccer leagues are run/looked at with better tactics/training methods/coaching.
Sorry, I think you're pie in the sky again. Will there be sponsors for this location? I'm sure. Will that trickle down to the grass roots youth programs? doubt it.
Maybe, but I believe there are CEOs in the world that do care about youth programs and advancing solutions to society problems (access to sports being one of them). I don't have all the answers and they haven't released details yet.

Gotcha. There are plans currently underway to build a billion dollar stadium about 15 minutes from where I am. It’s my understanding that they’re trying to attract an NHL team, and I was wondering if they might put soccer there instead if the hockey thing didn’t pan out.

I’m happy for the soccer fans who are excited for this. 😬

*Whoops, sorry for the messy quotes.
Maybe you will be one in 2026/2028? 🤷‍♂️

From ATL - #UniteAndConquer - I’m excited!!

Our owner has the cash to make sure this is top notch! Soccer has become very big here - 70,000 tickets sold for tomorrow in hopes of seeing Messi! (ours are still for sale but not looking good, so many for sale, likely going).

Where oh where? Not decided yet. I’d think closer to airport, maybe South Fulton. Good triangle with MB stadium. ATLUTD facility is north of ATL with access to KSU soccer stadium so would they try to triangle with those two?

There are so great hot spots right now so I’d love to see the sites being considered.
Maybe the USMNT will play there if the NFL does go to grass fields.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter