Atlantic Canadian WDW Fans

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

<font color=darkorchid>How can you not look? They'
My Original Post:

I just had a bit of an idea. I'm not sure if there are many of us out there but the thought crossed my mine to start a New Brunswick Disney group. It would be possible for us to meet in person at some point. It seems as though I have trouble actually finding people in real life who share our passion. Let me know if you are in New Brunswick!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith checking in. :thumbsup2

Edited to Add: I've decided to include all of Atlantic Canada. You're more than welcome too!

But just a few hours away in NS.

And we know exactly what you are talking about. We do have a set of friends who share our passion, but can't afford to go as often as we do.

Maybe we should start an Atlantic WDW Fans group then! Nice to meet you, Eeyoreloverforever!

I will be in Saint JOhn starting next Saturday :D Just for the week. I may live in Ontario but my heart is in the Maritimes!

Another from Nova Scotia. But, you could count me in as an NB fan while we're driving thru to get our flight from the US. :rotfl:

There's a few of us in NB - I'm sure you'll see lots more as the week goes on! I went to a meet in Moncton in 2005 organized by Photobear Sam and it was fun, helpful as I was planning my first WDW trip. Been there twice now and no third trip in the works (yet) but I'd love to meet Mickey fans!

There are a few of us living around Fredericton we all so fly from Mane We attended a Dis meeting on our last trip to WDW and met a bunch of really nice people we even have a thread that we still post on and the meet was all most 2 years ago

DVC Members from Truro here. We always fly out of Halifax with a combination of Avion points and Aeroplan. Haven't had to really "pay" for a ticket in years (thankfully). Nice to see CanJet and WestJet offering direct flights during the time of year we want to go (early spring. Low crowds!). We were very fortunate enough to have gone 3 times in a 12 month period, and now with baby #2 almost here we're planning ahead to an April 2009 trip. Can't wait!

trip #3 already booked for April........3rd trip since Feb '07.........kids don't know yet......I got the Disney fever !!

My sister is from Truro and planning her 1st trip also in April.......

Count us in. Family of five who tow our travel trailer to WDW every year at Christmas. This Christmas will be our fifth Christmas at Fort Wilderness. We would love to meet other Disers from the Maritimes. We live just outside if Sackville N.B.

There's a few of us in NB - I'm sure you'll see lots more as the week goes on! I went to a meet in Moncton in 2005 organized by Photobear Sam and it was fun, helpful as I was planning my first WDW trip. Been there twice now and no third trip in the works (yet) but I'd love to meet Mickey fans!

We were there. That was a fun morning.:thumbsup2

My dw (pooksma) and I are just outside of Fredericton.

Hi all! I'm from Newfoundland and planning our first Disney vacation. We leave on April 19 (only 47 more days to go!), and come back on April 25. It will be myself, DH and DD (11), who has no idea we're going. Her B-day is March 12 and we're telling her then. Can you say excited!!!

Hi stema74 :wave2:

Welcome to the DIS! :goodvibes

You must be SO excited! You'll have to let us know how your DD reacts to her surprise BD present! :cool1:

Family of 5 here, near Dartmouth, NS.

We're counting down to April 11-21, 2008! :cool1:

Just bought our tickets at the Disney Store. I figured if I bought them at the gate, I'd get a 2.5% fee for currency exchange on my VISA. I got tickets for 8 (another family is coming with us), and saved about $55. It's not much, but that should buy a round of Mickey Moose ice cream bars with ears.

I'm going Air Canada/United this trip (some on Aeroplan, some not... long story). But I saw flights from Bangor @ < $300 pp. I think it would cost me about $400 to fly out of Bangor (I live about 5 min from the Halifax airport):

$100 hotel room
$100 diesel (TDI - you gotta get one!)
$100 food
$100 parking

That's only $80 pp for a family of 5. I think I'll look into it next time. There's no way I could get tickets out of Halifax for $380 pp.

Maybe with a charter company, but I'm never sure how to book my timeshare in advance at the same time as the airfare in advance. The charter deals always appear at last minute, and getting 5 seats on the same flight seems tough. I usually need to book the timeshare months in advance. But given what we save by not eating out, and the convenience of not having to wait for Disney busses (I'm willing to debate this one), the timeshare seems well worth it.

Hi Stema47

We are across the North Atlantic from you about 15 minutes from North Sydney. We are heading your way to Marble Mountain on Wednesday night crossing to ski for a few days. How is the weather there-any snow storms looming??
How is the driving? We are travelling with two other families and we wives are a bit concerned about the boat ride :sick: and the driving. We are taking the nightime crossing and we all have rooms booked so the kids can hopefully get some sleep. Hoping to have fun but it's a tough act to follow after DW.:rotfl2:

Hi Mackeyapp.

Weather here today is a bit blustery with some snow. Highway driving is usually pretty good unless we get a major storm, and there are no storms forecasted:yay:
It's calling for possible showers here on Thursday, but Friday is shaping up to be really nice…sunny with cloudy periods high +2…perfect weather to ski!:cheer2:

Nice to see all the Disney fans back home in NB. I am originally from McAdam and living in Cold Lake, AB (Air Force) for the past 15 years. Recently retired after 27 years and planning on moving home to Fredericton area in a couple of years.

Never been to WDW but took the kids to Disneyland 2 years ago, and now my DD6 informs me at least once a week that we "really need to go to Disney World, Daddy!!"

I'm currently in the long-term planning stages of a major splurge at WDW - likely at least a year away. Would like to take my family, plus those of my brother and two sisters (all living in NB or Maine) for a week at either AKL or BC. Will probably fly out of Bangor, as it seems to be a lot cheaper than Canadian airports.

What is better - early spring or late fall - weatherwise?

RookieMouse

Hello All,
Checking in from Halifax.
Looking forward to my 6th trip to the World (April 1-8) then booked to do the land sea cruise in August!!
Keeping planning on trying a diffrent vacation spot but my the ease of a Disney vacation keeps winning out :)
We are staying at Pop in April and CBR in August, we have also stayed at All Stars and POR. Someday would love to stay at one the Boardwalk resorts....need to win the lottery first !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter