Atlantis and Crusie Ships Possibly Clamping Down on Majestic Tours

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
Until recently, people who did not want to pay DCL's Aquaventure excursion prices could book their day at Atlantis via Majestic Tours. Well, it seems this option is/might be going away. The following has recently been added to Majestic's website:
The Aquaventure program is only available to guests staying on island.
Now it might just say this on the website, and be another thing if you call them, but things might be changing. It wouldn't be surprising to me if the cruise lines pressured Atlantis and Majestic to make this change.

So going forward the only way to do Atlantis might be to do the DCL excursion, book a room at the comfort suites, or take your chances with walk-up day passes (which may or may not be sold, depending on Atlantis' hotel occupancy level).

Already happened with the Blue Lagoon tours. I tried to book a separate excursion (primarily because DCL was sold out) and was told that since I was with a cruise ship, they had an exclusive lock on the excursions. I'd need to be staying somewhere locally in order for them to accommodate me.

Same thing with the scuba at Stuart coves. The second they hear cruise ship, you have to use DCL.

Already happened with the Blue Lagoon tours. I tried to book a separate excursion (primarily because DCL was sold out) and was told that since I was with a cruise ship, they had an exclusive lock on the excursions. I'd need to be staying somewhere locally in order for them to accommodate me.

Well, that's disappointing to hear. I just double checked the Blue Lagoon website after reading your post. Their page indicates that Freeport guests need to book through their cruise ships, but this note doesn't appear on the section of the page regarding Nassau. Wonder if that means a site update is coming soon.

I'm interested in going on the full "Swim" program through them when we go in a couple of years. DCL doesn't even offer that option, only the "Encounter".

When I called and spoke with Stuart Coves about the dive program,(sorry for the price DCL wanted I could do a full day and a half diving elsewhere at the time) this is the way it was explained to me.(It is basically the same situation, except different vendors)

Most cruiseline have "preferred" operators they use for tours etc of the diiferent stops. Most of those cruise lines, have a contract with the individual operator, that says you will pick our guests up from, take them to where ever, and youll get paid x amount per guest. If a guest wants to book directly through the operator, they are told sorry, you have to book thru the individual cruiseline, as a shore excursion.
If a line doesnt offer something, that is offered through the tour operator, then you can book that particular tour, directly. In my case, I wanted to do the shark dive through Stuarts Cove, and since DCL didnt offer the excursion I could book directly through SC.

In your case, since DCL apparently does not offer the full swim, that you are looking for, Id send a message and ask about it, since most likely youll be able to book with the operator.

Hi, we are booked on a DCL in June 2012 with a stop at Atlantis. We would like to consider the Comfort Inn option for tickets to Atlantis (2 adults, 2 kids). Does anyone know if that is still an option? I understand we would have to find our own transportation to/from the ship (taxi).

Also, does anyone know how much for the comfort inn and how far in advance should we book?

Thanks, Chris

Hi, we are booked on a DCL in June 2012 with a stop at Atlantis. We would like to consider the Comfort Inn option for tickets to Atlantis (2 adults, 2 kids). Does anyone know if that is still an option? I understand we would have to find our own transportation to/from the ship (taxi).

Also, does anyone know how much for the comfort inn and how far in advance should we book?

Thanks, Chris

I checked the other night for 3adults 1 child age 9 at time of sailing, it was close to $600.00 per room for us because of all the surcharges the hotel charges..

Good luck!

I checked the other night for 3adults 1 child age 9 at time of sailing, it was close to $600.00 per room for us because of all the surcharges the hotel charges..

Good luck!

I just checked the Comfort Suite website and our rate is $230 total for 2 adults and 2 kids 13 and 11 for October. I am wondering if this option may disappear too!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter