Atlantis Aquaventure sold out! Has anyone used Comfort Suites?

Just curious as to what happens if the day you are in Nassau, the weather is really bad or you can't dock in Nassau for some reason.

If you booked Comfort Suites, (either with points or normally) is that refundable?

Also, we did the Disney Tour. We didn't have a tour of the grounds at all. They gave us the wrist bands, pointed out the directions of where we could eat and let us go. I'm not sure how that is more difficult than going to CS, checking in and out, then getting over to Atlantis, etc. CS is just normally cheaper but that's only depending on the number of people you have and the time of year.

Have fun whichever way you go.

Just curious as to what happens if the day you are in Nassau, the weather is really bad or you can't dock in Nassau for some reason.

If you booked Comfort Suites, (either with points or normally) is that refundable?

Also, we did the Disney Tour. We didn't have a tour of the grounds at all. They gave us the wrist bands, pointed out the directions of where we could eat and let us go. I'm not sure how that is more difficult than going to CS, checking in and out, then getting over to Atlantis, etc. CS is just normally cheaper but that's only depending on the number of people you have and the time of year.

Have fun whichever way you go.

-Sometimes they do the tour, sometimes they don't, sometimes you get wristbands at pier, sometimes you don't...its pretty random

-I never had an issue come up regarding weather or missing the port, I suspect you would be out the money at that point, cancellation date I think is 48 hours before arrival.

I never had an issue come up regarding weather or missing the port, I suspect you would be out the money at that point, cancellation date I think is 48 hours before arrival.

Cancellation is actually 5 days ahead. We're booked for June 28th and our cancel date is June 23rd.

We just booked CS for our August cruise and got a fabulous rate through AAA - only $183 per night (plus taxes/housekeeping which will bring it closer to $240). A BARGAIN compared to excursions or a room in Atlantis.

This is great information. I wonder how far in advance you can book. We are not going until next year but I will archive this in my Disney folder as a reminder. We were going to skip this excursion due to cost, but now we may be able to justify it a bit more. Thanks!

mattkev2001: As of today you can book through March 22, 2012. You can cancel up to 5 days prior to arrival without penalty. Credit Card isn't charged until check-in. From what I can tell, it's better to book early. If you find a better rate, book it and cancel your old reservation. I recently booked 1 night for Feb. 2012 for $220, with additional fees I will pay $285. I figure for a family of 4 my savings (vs. DCL) is right around $300...now, just gotta pray real hard for good weather :)

I have a question: Can you use the room if you want? If, for whatever reason, someone wanted to go back to the room and take a breather, can you use the room?

It may sound silly, but from what I've read, no one uses the rooms and Comfort Suites doesn't expect you to. And some talk about checking in/out at the same time. Thanks for clarification.

Adnil530: I'm guessing people check in & out at the same time to save time. At best, you're only going to get 6 hours at the Atlantis which is not nearly enough, but better than none. Personally, I'd want to spend every available minute at the water park...not walking back & forth. But, yes you could use the room for a break if you choose to do so.

I have a question: Can you use the room if you want? If, for whatever reason, someone wanted to go back to the room and take a breather, can you use the room?

It may sound silly, but from what I've read, no one uses the rooms and Comfort Suites doesn't expect you to. And some talk about checking in/out at the same time. Thanks for clarification.

you can definitely use the room, usually not until the normal check-in time of 3 pm though.

Adnil530: I'm guessing people check in & out at the same time to save time. At best, you're only going to get 6 hours at the Atlantis which is not nearly enough, but better than none. Personally, I'd want to spend every available minute at the water park...not walking back & fourth. But, yes you could use the room for a break if you choose to do so.

you can definitely use the room, usually not until the normal check-in time of 3 pm though.

Makes sense. Thank you so much.

...................edited. I found out how much Disney charges for this excursion.

Thank you very much.
Linda

DCL charges $160 (age 10 & up), $110 (3-9)... OUCH!

I am looking at the Comfort Suites for our cruise in November. There are 3 of us - 2 adults and 1 child (9 yo). Right now I can book it for $210 plus taxes is $273.70. Once I add the additional fees I have to pay when I check in, it's $327.55 plus the taxi there and back. DCL would be $430. Is the $100 savings really worth it? Has anyone done Comfort Suites with only 3 people?

Thanks!

piglet,
you have a couple things you can do, first of all go to your cruise meet and let everyone know you have an extra wristband that you may be able to sell or give to someone who has a fifth person. I know we have a fifth person for our May 29th sailing and would pay a portion of the room cost for that bracelet. Otherwise you have to consider food. Food is included in the DCL excursion in addition to transportation. Food onsite is very expensive so combine that with the taxi and you may just be best booking with DCL. My rule of thumb is if I save $125 or more, it's worth it to stay at CS.

piglet,
you have a couple things you can do, first of all go to your cruise meet and let everyone know you have an extra wristband that you may be able to sell or give to someone who has a fifth person. I know we have a fifth person for our May 29th sailing and would pay a portion of the room cost for that bracelet. Otherwise you have to consider food. Food is included in the DCL excursion in addition to transportation. Food onsite is very expensive so combine that with the taxi and you may just be best booking with DCL. My rule of thumb is if I save $125 or more, it's worth it to stay at CS.

Thank you!

I'm a little confused about something and hoping someone can clarify this for me... I made my CS reservation for next March for 3 people and the following is noted on my ressie:

Hotel Alerts:Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Energy surcharge: 12.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. 3rd/4th person charged 40.00 per night + tax and service charges

I have three people in my room, one will be under 16. Will my final bill be another $40 on top of the 12.95 and 5.00 pp charges or does that $40 not apply since the third person is under 16? Anyone know? (It makes a difference in whether its worth it for us or not. That would only be a savings of $51 from Disney prices and since we'd still have to pay for taxi, it may not be worth it...)

I am looking at the Comfort Suites for our cruise in November. There are 3 of us - 2 adults and 1 child (9 yo). Right now I can book it for $210 plus taxes is $273.70. Once I add the additional fees I have to pay when I check in, it's $327.55 plus the taxi there and back. DCL would be $430. Is the $100 savings really worth it? Has anyone done Comfort Suites with only 3 people?

Thanks!

not sure you figured that correct, though they are less than clear with their estimated totals.

-Base Rate = $210.00
-Energy Surcharge for 2 Adults= $25.90($12.95 x 2)
-Tax @ 18% = $37.80

Total for room = $273.70, thats the number they gave you

The only additional to pay is the $5 per person for housekeeping, I dont recall if they charge that for kids but figure 10-15 dollars. So you should be saving closer to $150.00 less cabfare.

I have three people in my room, one will be under 16. Will my final bill be another $40 on top of the 12.95 and 5.00 pp charges or does that $40 not apply since the third person is under 16? Anyone know? (It makes a difference in whether its worth it for us or not. That would only be a savings of $51 from Disney prices and since we'd still have to pay for taxi, it may not be worth it...)

no, it would only be an additional $40 if you had another adult and even then it would reflect in the estimated total. If you want to confirm this, go to their site and play around with the rates. 2 Adults and 1 kid will always be $40 less than 3 adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter