Attempted rape at Art of Animation

It can happen anywhere. I wouldn't let it interfere with your trip. Just exercise normal caution.

Violence and crime can happen anywhere. If a person wanted to visit a WDW hotel to commit a crime it would be very easy to do. Anyone can hop a resort bus at Downtown Disney. I've seen questionable people in that area on many occasions. I've often wondered if a day will come when they will require magic bands to be scanned to ride?

A bus to Downtown Disney is a lousy criminal getaway strategy. I doubt seriously that buses will be restricted to resort guests only based on that. And crimes of this type are not always committed by "questionable looking" people. It's entirely possible this guy was a guest.

angelabrezovsky said:
We are suppose to stay here soon! But now rethinking it. Just myself and my kids.

Don't rethink because one bad thing happened! Honestly, we are here right now staying very close to where this incident happened. I saw the crime scene tape last friday and the csi unit out front. DH and I still feel safe walking around and I feel confident letting our oldest go get drinks from the main building. I've walked alone at night, staying in well lit areas and I've noticed an increase in employees patrolling the area. Bad things can happen anywhere! It's up to individuals to be aware of their surroundings and to take appropriate precautions. My heart goes out to the CM who was attacked but I'm glad to hear that she is physically ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter