Attendance

The crowd may be lighter than usual but I’m chronically in the wrong place at the wrong time this trip. Indy and Space Mountain keep going down.

Wow I don’t check the news all day and so much has happened:
NCAA tournament is not allowing fans only limited family to attend

NBA won’t allow fans to the games

Colleges are moving to online classes

No traveling from Europe to US

I’m sure I missed something else.
Tom Hanks has coronavirus.

I wonder if schools and colleges going online means more people will head to the parks? I mean, let's be honest, if I was still in college and we had to do online instruction I would not actually be doing work and out doing other things lol

LOL! Same. When I was in my 20s I totally would’ve gotten my online coursework done quickly and headed to Disneyland.

I mean, I caught H1N1 in my twenties and never once worried. Just stayed home and slept. Having kids and getting older sucks..... 🤣🤣🤣

🙄

Two weeks ago, I would’ve agreed with you. Not anymore. Italy is practicing wartime medicine right now- which means the people with the best survival odds get medical care and the others don’t. They die. The potential of overwhelming our healthcare system so those that need treatment can’t get it is a potential reality they’re trying to avoid. That is not media hype or a conspiracy theory. Amazing to me there are still people out there like you. I don’t believe in being fearful but there are intelligent steps we can take to avoid the European chaos.

I have zero interest in continuing this conversation with you.
Except for the average healthy adult, the mortality rate is non-existent, most people will fight flu like symptoms for a bit and then be fine. Now those who are older or have compromised immune systems should take steps to minimize the possibility of being infected, but the reality is we can't live our lives in fear of what might happen.

Especially when statistically the chances of getting this disease is very low.

That being said, there are common sense things we can and should do, such as hand washing, etc. But this fear of going out in public needs to go away, it actually causes more problems than it even allegedly solves and I say allegedly, as there is actually a fair amount of evidence that not going places doesn't do anything to prevent you from getting sick.

The difference that people don't think about is Italy is how small the country is compared to the U.S.

But again, don't listen to me, but just know that the media is indeed overhyping things. Percentage wise, very few people will die from this, even if they get absolutely no medical care, the unfortunate part about that is of they don't get medical care, they don't generally get included in the statistics.

Again, I'm not saying don't take any steps to stay healthy, but I am saying cancelling trips out of fear over something that is statistically speaking very low to catch, then even lower to have serious complications and even lower.mortaliry rate, especially for the average healthy adult under 65. When I say statically, check how.many people the flu has killed is the same time frame as the Corona Virus has been on the radar and how many have contracted the flu. Also, I wouldn't travel to hotbeds of the Corona virus, such as China, etc. But when figuring out where hotbeds are, you also need to look at number of cases vs total population as well as concentration of cases.

If you do want a good source of what is reasonable, watch Doctor Mike on YouTube, he actually has common sense about this whole thing.

But again, you don't need to listen to me, just please take some time to do real research and not just look at what the media (who lies constantly in the name of making a buck) claims.

I wonder if schools and colleges going online means more people will head to the parks? I mean, let's be honest, if I was still in college and we had to do online instruction I would not actually be doing work and out doing other things lol
Except most (probably not all) of these schools are keeping class times the same and taking attendance and expect class participation just as though you were in class.

I was at the park from rope drop till about 1:30. I didn’t think crowds were too bad. They weren’t great but I’ve seen much worse.

Except for the average healthy adult, the mortality rate is non-existent, most people will fight flu like symptoms for a bit and then be fine. Now those who are older or have compromised immune systems should take steps to minimize the possibility of being infected, but the reality is we can't live our lives in fear of what might happen.

Especially when statistically the chances of getting this disease is very low.

That being said, there are common sense things we can and should do, such as hand washing, etc. But this fear of going out in public needs to go away, it actually causes more problems than it even allegedly solves and I say allegedly, as there is actually a fair amount of evidence that not going places doesn't do anything to prevent you from getting sick.

The difference that people don't think about is Italy is how small the country is compared to the U.S.

But again, don't listen to me, but just know that the media is indeed overhyping things. Percentage wise, very few people will die from this, even if they get absolutely no medical care, the unfortunate part about that is of they don't get medical care, they don't generally get included in the statistics.

Again, I'm not saying don't take any steps to stay healthy, but I am saying cancelling trips out of fear over something that is statistically speaking very low to catch, then even lower to have serious complications and even lower.mortaliry rate, especially for the average healthy adult under 65. When I say statically, check how.many people the flu has killed is the same time frame as the Corona Virus has been on the radar and how many have contracted the flu. Also, I wouldn't travel to hotbeds of the Corona virus, such as China, etc. But when figuring out where hotbeds are, you also need to look at number of cases vs total population as well as concentration of cases.

If you do want a good source of what is reasonable, watch Doctor Mike on YouTube, he actually has common sense about this whole thing.

But again, you don't need to listen to me, just please take some time to do real research and not just look at what the media (who lies constantly in the name of making a buck) claims.

I agree with you with doing real research and not listed to media, twitter retweets, etc, but going to sources such as: W.H.O., CDC, your state's department of health, the state you want to travel to, department of health. With that said, there are NOT enough tests to have people tested to say if they have/had the virus, so number will be off. W.H.O. have listed the virus can live up to 3 hours in the air, and up to 9 days on surfaces (plastic is 9 days). So, with that type of time frame, at least one, if not more, people will slip by and infect others, and it keeps happening and a quicker rate.

Well, I am just glad I didn’t plan a trip for March... I was actually considering a quick trip when I got home in December... but after hearing the news about the extended refurb of haunted mansion (one of my new favorites) and Snow White I decided it isn’t worth it and just wait till November (I still hope I can find a job soon so I can take enough leave to make a big vacation happen...at least I already booked a hotel)

now with traveling from europe banned I am glad I didn’t plan for a trip in the next weeks...
here in Germany it’s getting more real anyways with Italy being so close and there it really sounds terrible... there everything is closed besides supermarkets, drugstores and pharmacy’s...
I am right now renovating my room and I am a little concerned I might not be able to go to the furniture store next week to get my new furniture...

To everyone going in the next days... have fun and enjoy the time!

Well, I am just glad I didn’t plan a trip for March... I was actually considering a quick trip when I got home in December... but after hearing the news about the extended refurb of haunted mansion (one of my new favorites) and Snow White I decided it isn’t worth it and just wait till November (I still hope I can find a job soon so I can take enough leave to make a big vacation happen...at least I already booked a hotel)

now with traveling from europe banned I am glad I didn’t plan for a trip in the next weeks...
here in Germany it’s getting more real anyways with Italy being so close and there it really sounds terrible... there everything is closed besides supermarkets, drugstores and pharmacy’s...
I am right now renovating my room and I am a little concerned I might not be able to go to the furniture store next week to get my new furniture...

To everyone going in the next days... have fun and enjoy the time!
Take care and keep us posted on the situation in Germany! I'm glad you didn't get stuck in the travel mess right now. Although, I guess there are worse things than being stuck at Disneyland... Good luck with your job search and redecorating! (How is your mom doing? Is her wrist recovered?)

Take care and keep us posted on the situation in Germany! I'm glad you didn't get stuck in the travel mess right now. Although, I guess there are worse things than being stuck at Disneyland... Good luck with your job search and redecorating! (How is your mom doing? Is her wrist recovered?)
It was a close call not being stuck in our European travel mess actually... I just returned from a ski vacation in Austria last week and when I booked it last November I was deciding between that and a ski trip to northern Italy which would have happened this week...o_O
And yes, there are worse places for being stuck at than Disneyland. I guess DL would be my number one choice if I have to choose where I want to be stuck, closely followed by Hawaii I guess...(although I do prefer not being stuck anywhere at all)

My mom’s wrist is almost at 100% already. It gets tired a little more quickly than her right hand during spring cleaning and she has some trouble doing push-ups on the floor but carrying the old furniture out of my room worked great...;) (and she says “hi”:wave2:)

We are cancelling our trip at the end of March - have planned for two years Disney and then Hawaii - we would be gone for two weeks. Even if there is no chance we would get sick Ohio is shutting down- I can’t risk what would happen in those two weeks and worry about it all vacation - would not be a good vacation at that point. For example my dogs have to be in the kennel - what if it shuts down- what if cities get quarantined, what if I can’t get groceries when I return, what if... I can’t risk flying across the country during these types of actions even if I wouldn’t get sick. So just a slightly different perspective. May look at a cabin we can drive to since my kids will probably not have school even longer then spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter