Attention all 10/12/03 4night Wonder Cruisers! Sign in here!

We leave today!!! :tongue:

Maureen- did you call the port?

Lynne- I want to see Under the Tuscan Sun too!! Hope I can fit it into my schedule! ::yes::

Well, just gotta get through part of work today, then we hit the road :moped:

Can't wait to :boat:

See you all soon! :grouphug:

I live in Jacksonville. My boyfriend is getting sick of me running around saying "Ahoy".

I sang this to him this morning: (had to break it into a couple posts to make it fit)

Just sit right back you'll hear a tale
A tale of an awesome trip
It started in a tropic port
Aboard the Disney ship.

Chris drank lots of beers each day,
Terri caught some sun.
They went parasailing in the clouds
The fun had begun, the fun had begun.

Eating 12 meals a day was rough
But no cookies were tossed
Due to the persistence of this traveling two
Not a fun moment was lost. Not a fun moment was lost

The ship came back near the shore of an
enchanated Disney park
With mickey mouse
and minne too
the dalmation dogs
and snow white.
Some movie stars,
Daisy and Donald duck
Here at Walt's big world!!

I think I should be able to fit that in about 2000 times on our drive down. So I'll be with the guy pounding his head on the wall screaming "make it stop, make it stop!"

I am at work today while everyone else is hitting the wild blue yonder. God speed and a safe trip to all of you.

:wave2:

tessa- that song rocks!!! :hyper:

Can't wait to meet you!!! ::yes::

Well, this is it...LAST POST FOR ME!!!!
I am outta here! :moped:

Heading off to :boat: with ::MickeyMo and my DIS friends!!!

See you all soon!:wave2:

Hey All!!

Guess I'm having withdrawl!! I wanna be back either at WDW or Castaway Cay!! What a good time!!

Does anyone know how to get Disney Cruiseline merchandise?? I shoulda bought more on the ship and at Castaway but I didn't!!

Gosh, Connie! I can't believe we didn't meet! I met some of the others. We were actually seated at dinner with Maureen's family, and Kamy and Tim, and Beano and Renee's family were at the table next to us. How coincidental is that?????

I didn't meet Rose, either. Tim and Kamy said that Rose and I had selected chairs next to each other at the pool during the sailaway party, but Rose wasn't sitting there in her chair waiting for me!! Ha ha!

I don't know if there is any way to purchase CC or DCL stuff except to ask someone going on an upcoming cruise to purchase for you. It doesn't look like Tim and Kamy and Beano are reading the boards right now, but they're currently on their second cruise as we speak. I'm ::yes:: with envy!!

Lynne

Hi Guys!!!

Connie I did not get a chance to meet you either or Wayne. I think I missed only the two of you and met everone else. We had a great cruise. I am still Rocking. Didn't see you Lynn at MNSSHP? We had a great time there as well. Back to work and reality today. Rose posted a trip report. I may do the same one day soon. TTFN.

We kinda lost track of time at MNSSHP. I did see (and called out for) Tim, Kamy, Beano, Renee, and their kids in passing at the Haunted Mansion. Our best friends from home happened to be WDW vacationing last week also, and we caught up with them for a little while at MNSSHP.

We went into MNSSHP at 5, did lots of rides between 5 and 7, then put on our costumes from 7-11 or so. It was too hot! I can't believe the people wearing the plush costumes. That's what we wear up here on Halloween - I would never wear them in Florida!

I stopped rocking about Friday. Ed was still rocking yesterday!

Lynne

We would every so often run into Beano, Renee, Tim and Kamy..
but I couldn't figure out who anyone else was!! Each time I saw lime green I wanted to ask..but I guess I was too chicken.

I didn't feel real well on Sunday night (when we boarded the ship)..I'm not sure what it was...just plain "Pooped" from WDW the 3 1/2 days before...or if it was seasickness. Monday and Tuesday I was fine..but wednesday was rough for both our boys and myself. I took Dramamine and plowed along but the boys weren't so lucky. Alec was ill right when he got up. He didn't eat breakfast he went back to the room and crashed til about 1pm or so...then about 11am or so Jeff started...he was sick (and on his birthday:( ) We just let them sleep til they felt better. Eventually they got out of the room for a little while. In the meantime we got the "chicken pox" letter...that will be just our luck...Chicken Pox...after missing 6 days of school. And trust me..Alec's teacher spared nothing...we are still doing homework and trying to make up tests...it's really bad....3rd grade is hard, that's all I can say!!:eek:

Connie,

Chicken pox is most contagious a few days before the breakout. Hopefully you missed that. But weren't your kids vaccinated? Here in FL it is required. My DD got a very mild case despite her Vaccine. I got them the Vaccine when it first came out because I never had it(CP). I eventually got the vaccine too!!!

I took my kids out of school for 4 days in 2000. DD was in 2nd grade and DS was in 5th. I would never do it again because despite the fact I asked for the work weeks ahead of time my DD's teacher decided to take some time off to so we never got the assignments until we were back home. It wasn't to pleasant to do all that work plus the new work after being exhausted from vacation.

Now I plan vacations around the school schedule.

Yes, both the boys had the vaccine. Like you, neither my DH or myself have had Chicken Pox..but we haven't been vaccinated. I guess I don't think about it at the right time. I know we should get it done.

We've never taken the boys outta school like this before...trust me, I've learned my lesson. I might be wrong, but I think his teacher has decided to "punish" us, and show us who's boss, so to speak. It's really unbelieveable...we still aren't caught up...it'll be at least mid next week if not the end of the week til he is caught up. The end of the grading period is today...he's just not gonna have a real good report card this 9 weeks...we'll just have to work harder the next 9 weeks and bring it up. I'm too tired (and frustrated) to care at this point.

If we ever do something like this again, I'll wait til Novenber when we have our Parent/Teacher conferences and it is only a 3 day week and pull them out then..and now I know not to do it in 3rd grade!! Maybe when Jeff hits 2nd grade...2 yrs from now. I'll have to start saving now, if I wanna do it then!! hahaha

Amen to that. We were also on the cruise last week. DD is in the third grade and we worked on missed work from the time we got back until 12:00 last night. She had to have a project completed to turn in today. She turned everything in today since we had five days to complete any missed worked. I am glad that's over. I don't think I will do that again. We will have to schedule around her school schedule. It was worth it though because we had a blast.

That's disappointing to hear about your schools, guys. Our county has a vacation policy, and we are allowed to take a total of five days over a max of two separate vacations. Our 3rd grader received a standard 3rd grade "vacation" package to do while we were gone. He had to find prices of things locally and use them to write three word problems for the class to complete when he gets back, he had to send a postcard to the class, keep a journal each day (including a weather chart), keep a list of new vocabulary words learned, and write papers on best & worst experiences.

My 5th grader's teacher sent his work home the Friday before we left, and he made sure Andrew had all of the books and papers and tools he needed (scissors, calculator, glue, etc.) to take with him. When we came back, Andrew was actually ahead of the class!

Both kids had projects due during our time away, and I received those assignments weeks beforehand, so they actually completed them before we left.

It was a pain to take time away from the fun to do work, but that's life, and we don't have any lingering effects after our great vacation!

Lynne

WOW Lynne!!
I'm impressed with how your school district handles vacations!! I still think the teacher has a personal vendetta..I hope I'm wrong, but... It will be interesting to see how one of Alec's friends does with the homework. They are leaving Nov.9th...can't wait to see what he gets to do!!

This weekend was hell for Alec...and no, we still are not caught up. He had to complete 1/2 a math chapter (they just started multipication) and prepare for a test on it today..not to mention a science test, a social studies test and a redo test on the continents and oceans that he failed last week, all to be taken today. (And this is 3rd grade, not high school..I keep reminding myself!!) We have to makeup yet: a reading story, catch up his literature journal and 4 pages in his English book..I think then he will be caught up. We have been working all his work since we got back on the 16th..and there is so much more that I won't bore you with by listing. Report cards come home this week...I know this one will be low!!

Oh well....I'm glad we pulled them out...he'll catch up someday. The trip was well worth it, and I wanna go back. I'll just plan better next time!!

I wonder when Beano, Renee, Kamy and Tim will return to the 'boards'??

:confused:

Are you guys out there??:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter