~Aug 2013~ Sew what~We've gotta find a way back-Part II- TR link posted - 8/31

I'll be at AKV Kidani August 16 to 24 then BWV til the 30th. My DH & DS want to try Oak Trail too. I have to read up some more on that. I've got you beat on the ADR front-I have 1 booked.:rotfl: I actually have a few more I want to do just got to plot out my days some.

We will be following right behind you. AKV Jambo then off to BWV.:goodvibes

Thank you for explaining. That is interesting. How do other states handle it? If most states everyone has to have insurance, where to the high risk drivers get it IF not all insurance companies have to provide it to them? Or am I misunderstanding it. Not to hyjack D~s thread, but I find this interesting.

Well, since D~ decided to jump ship and start a part 2 (finally!) I just copied and pasted here above...because I have no clue how to qote from a different thread!

In most states, insurance is handled a bit differently. Each company ask the states to approve their rates. Their rates are based on their OWN experience in that state...so if Company A had very few accidents and pay outs, they would have a lower rate. If company B had terrible drivers, then they would have higher rates. But Company A would not HAVE to take all drivers. They could pick and choose. Company B would take worse drivers...because they were getting higher rates. The really really bad drivers, would go into a pool. Those rates would be set by the state, and all companies would have to have their fair share of the pool.

This is where underwriting comes in...If my company only wanted good drivers of a certain age and all homeowners...we would give them great rates. Since they would be looking for the best rates, they would come to me. I would have a low loss ratio and make money.

If I worked for company B...I would not be so picky, would charge much higher rates (maybe even double) and even though I would not have a great loss ratio, I would still make money!

And THAT is where the actuaries come in...they do the numbers to see where the break even point is.

Neither company would make money with the drivers in the pool. And more importantly, they could not increase their rates for the whole state based on the losses with the pool.

But on a side note...I love the Progressive commercials that offer to give you a rate with various companies...because they can give you a rate...but they can't tell you if you qualify for that rate or not! Companies hold their underwriting criteria very close to their vests...some states require them to be disclosed...but not all!

Nini
Wow, that seems pretty complicated. Thanks for explaining it. My son loves Flo from Progressive.... She drives me crazy.

Alli's very last choir concert was last night... They had 2 shows... So I had to run to town at 4:30, come home, then go back at 7 to attend the second show at 8. Josh met me there, because he had to work late, and we drove home at almost 10pm through thunderstorms... It was a little freaky... I really don't enjoy driving in bad weather - whether it's snow or storms.

we had pretty bad thunderstorms here also. And DS#1 was at his gf prom. I was nervous until he got home.

Those storms brought in heat and humidity... I suspect it will be a rough weekend for Suzi, Mo & I - with out air in my car.

hot here too. You all will have to use your cool breath to cool down the car. Some places sell mini fans you can attatch to the dashboard. They run on batteries. That might not be a bad idea if you can find them. I think I got my Mom's at walmart, but that was a few years ago.

So - today is the BIG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEeeeeek - I am so excited that I can barely contain myself... They will be here in just under 12 hours!!!! Suzi just sent me a PM on FB, telling me that she is just leaving her house and is on her way to the airport! :cheer2:

I still have soooo much do to to prepare for this Dismeet of epic proportions!!!
have fun!!

First on my list - I have to work out this morning...

Then, I need to get in to my sewing room for a few hours - I am very close to finishing my 4th BIG auction bag set! Only one more to go after this! :woohoo:
YAY! :cool1:
That should bring me through lunch time.

After lunch...

I have baked beans I need to prep for Saturday's dinner at our house.
:thumbsup2
I still have a stairway to vacuum... and an upstairs hallway to sweep/dustmop... and a sewing room to tidy up...

I still need to pack...

I still need to print off confimiation emails for our hotel for the weekend...

I still need to shower and get myself ready...

I am SUPER EXCITED!!! I wish all of you could be here! I would be this excited to meet any of you - I promise!!! :grouphug:
sounds like so much fun!

I thought I would share a random photo today... It's from the girls' first WDW trip in 2003... I am trying to share ones you haven't seen before. Look at how LITTLE they were... Awww... And that darned water bottle in my fanny pack :-)rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:) - yes, ladies and gentlemen (if there are any here) - I once wore a fanny pack to Disney... Clearly, there was a GENUINE NEED for the designing of a UPB. YOu will see this water bottle/fanny pack combo prominently displayed in every single photo of this trip.

IMG08.jpg

love it! I still have a fanny pack. i found them very convenient, however my kids keep hiding it. DH usually sports one, if he doesn't have his backpack with him.

I will try to share pictures of our Dismeet as I can over the next few days... Otherwise - I may be a little scarce around here.

love to see any pictures.

Love & Prayers to all. :grouphug:

D~

I am wondering if you 3 have met each other before.

Have a wonderful time this weekend! I, too have those pictures with the fanny pack - I actually still HAVE the fanny pack....:rotfl:

Kat is on her way to Honolulu!

God bless Kat. good news. Continued prayers.

Just stopping by to let you all know - I am headed out shortly to pick up Suzi and Mo at the airport - their flight has departed and scheduled to land in about 45 minutes.

I also wanted to let you all know - that other than my phone, I will be off the grid for the weekend, so I won't be able to post any replies.

Thinking of all of you, sending prayers (Tess - please keep me updated on Kat - I will be reading) to those who need them. (((Hugs)))

D~

Awesome that's GREAT meeting them soon SOOOOoo excited (yes & jealous ) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: AND finally get to see Suzi (the camera didn't hurt now did it ?) So happy to see the 2 Dissers meet can't wait to see the 3 of you all together

Suzi and Mo have met!!! Only a few more hours and they will be here! Aren't they adorable???? T his was taken a few minutes ago at the airport... Suzi is on the Left - Mo on the right (in case you didn't know)

2013-05-3095143013.jpg

D~

:cool1: Sounds like a great time.

Good morning everyone!

The girls and I had a lot of fun last night! I met them at the airport, just in time, as security was right on their tail! Couldn't believe.that they couldn't even make it to baggage claim!

We checked into our rooms... Suzi and mo are sharing, I have my own. We are right next to eachother, but no connecting door. They are nice basic rooms, thanks to my cousin who works for this chain, he was able to get us a nice deal. We are right across the street from the MOA.

Last night we went out for dinner at one of the only Mexican restaurants I can still eat at. We had a great time and the food was delicious, but we could barely walk back to our rooms.

This morning, we are having breakfast at the hotel. Then headed to the MOA for a full day of shopping and fun.

I wish I could post pictures from my phone... I did post one on fb last night, but I know that some of you aren't on there. I will try to see if I can figure it out.

I hope all of you are doing well. :)

D~

Yay... I think I figured it out! Cool...

This was last night at the restaurant.

20130530_204119.jpg

D~

DMGeurts said:

D~

Yeah!!! It looks like you are having a great time already. Hope you find some great buys at MoA. And stay out of trouble!!!!

Glad things went smoothly for the meet up. I love the smiles on everyone. It looks like a lot of fun already. Hope you all have a great time at MOA and find lots of cool bargains. It'll be fun just being together I'm sure. Thanks for the quick update!!

Security was on their tail ? Oh boy, what did they do ? They DO look kind of shady :lmao:

Someone please take a picture of MOA is that the one with a roller coaster or some other ride in it ? You all look so happy and relaxed have a wonderful time Ladies pixiedust:

Luvchefmic said:
Security was on their tail ? Oh boy, what did they do ? They DO look kind of shady

It was Mo....she sicked them on me! I was innocent :)

For Ruthie, view of the moa from our hotel

20130531_075321.jpg

D~

At Moa... Nickelodeon universe behind us.

20130531_095026.jpg

20130531_094935.jpg

D~

I just now figured our that MOA means mall of america, and not museum of art. :rotfl:

It looks like you ladies are having fun. I hope you gals have a nice weekend.

You all look terrific Have lots of fun and if you happen to have a Disney Store in there keep your eye out for any Pluto pin or shirt :rolleyes1 I am a text away :goodvibes oh I wish I was at this Dismeet looks like a great place

Just stopping by to let you all know - I am headed out shortly to pick up Suzi and Mo at the airport - their flight has departed and scheduled to land in about 45 minutes.

I also wanted to let you all know - that other than my phone, I will be off the grid for the weekend, so I won't be able to post any replies.

Thinking of all of you, sending prayers (Tess - please keep me updated on Kat - I will be reading) to those who need them. (((Hugs)))

D~

20130530_204119.jpg

D~

YAY! For dismeets. I hope you ladies are having an amazing time. :love: There is just really something special about Disboard folks. :love:

I'm soooooooooo jealous y'all are wearing LONG SLEEVES! It's so hot here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter