• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug 21’ or Spring Break 22’?

Spring Break 22’ or mid August 21’?

• Spring Break

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • August

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Nicole D

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I’m a teacher and can only travel week after Easter or this summer - thinking mid-late Aug.

There are SO many considerations- crowds, heat, covid, lines, closed restaurants/attractions, etc.

Our sons are currently 2.5 and 5. Regardless of when we go, our plan would be to rope drop, come back to resort for pool/nap time, have a table service dinner and go back to park for a couple hours in the evening. We’re also very interested in water parks.

what would you do?

I am a vote for August but there are some considerations. I don't like to visit during spring break but If your break is close to Easter, I would pick August all day long. If your spring break is much earlier, than maybe go with break. However, keep in mind it can still be chilly and there may be rogue days that a water park won't be appealing.

We live in Texas where the heat and humidity is just as bad as in Orlando. We stay inside in the A/C in August. We love going to WDW for Spring Break - much nicer weather! It can be too chilly to swim then, though we’ve had both “too hot not to swim” days and “too cold to swim” days during the same week in early March!

I am from New England. Most schools in this area have the week of April 17th for vacation. Unfortunately, in 2022, that week also coincides with Easter week, a notoriously crazy busy week, for several reasons. Parks WILL be packed. Yes, August is hot; but in this circumstance, I'd take a hot August over that week, hands down! Besides, resorts dip in price after the 15th of August. And parks are usually open later, which will give lots of time to take long breaks away from hot park.

I pick April 2022– you’ll get the 50th celebration, shots at new attractions and fireworks and meet and greets etc, and hopefully Typhoon Lagoon will be reopened then.

Under normal circumstances I'd go with August, as it will be cheaper and less crowded. However, at this particular time I'd go with spring break because of the covid restrictions/current closures at WDW. They're in the process of opening more things up, but many things haven't returned yet and likely will not have by August. I think you've got a better chance of experiencing a WDW closer to what it was pre-covid during spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter