Aug. Honeymooners

Does an old, outdated Disney Bride count?? !! princess: My husband and I got married and honeymooned at Disney in August of 2006! We had a blast! Our one big splurge was a romantic couples massage at the Grand Floridian the day after our wedding! :cloud9: It was amazing!! My husband is not the "massage and pamper" kind of guy, but he really enjoyed this. It was a treat for both of us, and very romantic! Best wishes on your honeymoon!!

Hi! Well, we're not quite going August, as we're getting married on the 31st, but we're going from Sept 1-14th, and we'll have the dining plan (regular, plus lots of OOP meals - but not enough to justify deluxe).

We're staying at Beach Club, right near our favorite park so there'll be LOTS of eating and drinking in Epcot.

We're going to go horseback riding (which I will admit, terrifies me, but DF really wants to go). We're also going to see La Nouba for the third time - if you've ever been, we're in the front middle section in the back of it, right where the clowns play with the guests (um the person on the phone actually told DF that those were the seats that the clowns play with you... I'm a tad afraid).

It's also DF's birthday on the 4th. We'll be going to CRT for breakfast and then (he must choose yet) to Yachtsman or Shula's for dinner.

Oh, we're also going to do some mini-golfing, plus the requisite trip to the Comedy Warehouse. And we think we might try Disney Quest.

I vowed to not be so high-strung thinking we have to do everything on this trip.

I couldn't stand the thought of going to V&A's - just too picky. And, neither of us eat any seafood, so that ruled out a lot. We're doing Jiko and CG, along with Yachtsman and Shula's. Plus CRT. Oh and we're doing Hoop Dee Doo, as we loved it before. We like some character meals so I think we're doing 1900 PF for bfast and dinner, Cape May for breakfast, and we want to try the Tusker House breakfast. Plus of course the zillion dinner ressies. Can you tell we like to eat, haha?

We are thinking about a couples massage at the spa in the Dolphin. I am a little skeeved out by people touching me so we shall see.

Lots of fireworks!

What've you got planned so far?

Hi! Well, we're not quite going August, as we're getting married on the 31st, but we're going from Sept 1-14th, and we'll have the dining plan (regular, plus lots of OOP meals - but not enough to justify deluxe).

You should be able to upgrade from Free Dining to DDP for less than what you would pay for dining normally ($32.00 per person per night). This way you can have any 3 meals a day, 2 snacks and a refillable mug

You should be able to upgrade from Free Dining to DDP for less than what you would pay for dining normally ($32.00 per person per night). This way you can have any 3 meals a day, 2 snacks and a refillable mug

Thanks for the tip. We've already run the numbers, though, and it won't work for us. We like CS lunches, and don't normally eat breakfasts out... DF doesn't eat bfast at all and I usually just have a granola bar. The positive for the DxDDP to us was the appetizers, but even with ordering them when we want we wouldn't really be making any progress. Plus we want to do some not-on-the-plan places, like Shula's and RFC. Since our trip encompasses 14 days it's quite a bit to upgrade for something we won't use. Paying OOP for what we want is about half the cost. Also we are considering getting the DDE as we are planning on AP's and a few more trips, so we can use that for a discount... and then we get discounts on drinks :cloud9: .

Back to the thread... anyone have any good romantic things they're doing?

We are!

We're getting married August 9th (not at Disney), then going down there on Monday, August 11 for the honeymoon and will be there until 17th! One of our big romantic plans is to eat dinner at California Grill that Wednesday night and watch the Wishes fireworks from there. :lovestruc Another thing we're doing is having dinner at CRT on Friday night. I've heard the food there can be so-so, but we're going more for the experience and atmosphere since we'll most likely have plenty of good food experiences on our trip anyway. (We have ADRs somewhere every day!) We also thought that the Food and Wine Festival sounded fun, but since it isn't held in August, we're going to designate our night and dinner at Epcot as a mini-DIY festival where we'll just go country to country and sample and share little pieces from each place. I know it won't be as fancy or extensive as the real thing, but it's something we can try. :love:

Congrats on your honeymoon! What dates are you going? Where are you staying? We've decided on Coronado Springs for ours. What are your big plans?

:idea:

Okay...so I'm guessing you'll be there around the 18th. Hence the screenname. Sorry! Just noticed after the post!

Let me forwarn all of you August brides. Some of you may be aware, but Disney is hot that time of year, and the lines are long. We were married on the 4th and went to Disney for 3 days and we were so hot. And we're from South Florida. But plan to spend alot of money in water. I think we each drank at least 4 bottles a day and that was what we planned to be our spending money. Don't let this ruin your honeymoon, be prepared.

Let me forwarn all of you August brides. Some of you may be aware, but Disney is hot that time of year, and the lines are long. We were married on the 4th and went to Disney for 3 days and we were so hot. And we're from South Florida. But plan to spend alot of money in water. I think we each drank at least 4 bottles a day and that was what we planned to be our spending money. Don't let this ruin your honeymoon, be prepared.

Good point to be made... I know mine is 8/28/08 (a disney wedding). The week prior to that does start lower crowd attandance since most are back to school. I know it will be steaming hot. Did you know that you can go to any disney food stand and get tap water... I know its gross but if you need it.. You can do that. We already saw the hours from when we are there and most park stay open late. We are gonna go in the morning and then to the pool in the afternoon dinner then back to the parks at night when its cool. I feel bad for my guests. I planned it during the value season so most can afford it and never considered the weather (heat)..

princess:

Victoria and Alberts is what i'm looking forward to the most. We got married on July 26th and are going on our honeymoon on the 18th. I just love getting dressed up and I think it will be romantic.

I'm getting married on the 18th in Disney! We're there from the 15th to the 22nd. So excited!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

My DF and I feel like we're counting down the minutes now until our honeymoon! We're getting married on Aug. 8th and we'll be down for our honeymoon from the 10th-17th. This will be the first trip for both of us in over 10 years, so we are SUPER excited about everything we are planning on doing. :lovestruc

Getting married in NJ on the 16th. Disneymoon from 18-25. We are going to have the Grand Romantic Couples Massage at the Grand Floridian on our first day there.

Getting married in NJ on the 16th. Disneymoon from 18-25. We are going to have the Grand Romantic Couples Massage at the Grand Floridian on our first day there.

Where in NJ are you from?

Getting married Aug 11 in Orlando, staying at Old Key West from Aug 8 - 18. 2 and a half days to go! :banana: :cheer2:

Awwwwwwww congrats everyone:cheer2: We are getting married on 8/20 (God, I post it like I'm obsessed...ok, I am obsessed) and are Disneymooning from the 20th to the 25th. We are very excited. What are we doing to make it romantic? Having my Sister take care of my kids from my 1st marriage. She will be with them at the same resort but we will be having LOTS of alone time. NOW, I need to book the couples massage at the GF! GREAT idea:idea: thanks!

We are getting married August 9th 2008 3 more days WOOHOOO
Disneymoon August 15-22 2008 And we are staying at CS.:bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter