August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

We got a nice little mailer today welcoming us back to the Disney Cruise Line! It had an informational book and a little card with important dates. It was nice! I had to hide it from my daughter though, since she doesn't know about the cruise yet. We have some friends that might come and if they do, we will probably tell her at Christmas so she and her little friends can have January - August to squee about it together. If they don't go, we might wait and not tell her until we are on the way. Our plan is to take the Auto Train down, spend a day at Universal (I am a Harry Potter NUT and can't miss Harry Potter World!), a day at the Magic Kingdom then another day at Port Canaveral just chilling before the cruise. We could just surprise her all week! :rotfl: Of course, the downside is that we won't be able to push the character knowledge on Colby so that he would recognize them and be ready for the Magic Kingdom without making her wonder why we are doing it! :)

Anyway, my boy is sick today so it has been a long day, but he is sleeping now and I am obsessively watching the NFL Draft!

Hello all!!!
I hope everyone is having a great week!!
I can't believe it is almost the weekend already!!
As of Sunday, things will be very different around here. My dad , who is very sick, will be moving out here to CA from AZ. He is moving in with my sister, but I will be helping her out quite a bit with him. We have to get him situated with dialasis three times a week. Wednesday we have an appointment with a case worker out here to see what his options are. Then we need to find him a doctor to take on his case. He has failing kidneys, COPD, and a bad heart. I feel really bad for him, he is going through a divorce right now. I know he will be better off without stepmom. But I know he is going to have a hard time of it in the beginning.

Hello all!!!
I hope everyone is having a great week!!
I can't believe it is almost the weekend already!!
As of Sunday, things will be very different around here. My dad , who is very sick, will be moving out here to CA from AZ. He is moving in with my sister, but I will be helping her out quite a bit with him. We have to get him situated with dialasis three times a week. Wednesday we have an appointment with a case worker out here to see what his options are. Then we need to find him a doctor to take on his case. He has failing kidneys, COPD, and a bad heart. I feel really bad for him, he is going through a divorce right now. I know he will be better off without stepmom. But I know he is going to have a hard time of it in the beginning.

Candy, I'll be thinking of you and your dad next week. Give me a call if you need to chat..!!

Hi everyone, we booked this cruise back in November. First chance to post even though I have been reading the thread on and off since then.

On the cruise will be myself - Kathy, DH, DS who will be 12 (a few weeks shy of 13) and DS who will be 10. We will be celebrating our 17th Anniversary during the cruise.

We cannot wait, but first we have Oasis this August and Disney for Thanksgiving.

Hi everyone, we booked this cruise back in November. First chance to post even though I have been reading the thread on and off since then.

On the cruise will be myself - Kathy, DH, DS who will be 12 (a few weeks shy of 13) and DS who will be 10. We will be celebrating our 17th Anniversary during the cruise.

We cannot wait, but first we have Oasis this August and Disney for Thanksgiving.

Welcome Welcome!!!!
Sounds like you have some fun trips planned!!! We are sailing the Freedom in October! We would really like to do the Oasis in the near future! I would love to hear all about your cruise when you come back!!

:welcome:

:welcome:

hi everyone, we booked this cruise back in november. First chance to post even though i have been reading the thread on and off since then.

On the cruise will be myself - kathy, dh, ds who will be 12 (a few weeks shy of 13) and ds who will be 10. We will be celebrating our 17th anniversary during the cruise.

We cannot wait, but first we have oasis this august and disney for thanksgiving.

welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got Mickey mall the other day. It was awsomee when it said welcome back. Now we have something to give the kids for Christmas.

Evening Everyone!

I have been away for DAYS! It has been over a week with a horrible cold. I think it started as allergies but then it just all turned bad. My cough was out of control and I felt totally wiped out. Every time I thought I was going to try and get on the boards, I would go to bed and instead of typing to all of you...I would fall asleep! I think I am feeling better so I am hoping to get all caught up with all my messages and postings tonight.

Welcome to all our new people! I know I have a couple of PMs, so I will be getting to those as quickly as I can.

How is everyone else doing?

Evening Everyone!

I have been away for DAYS! It has been over a week with a horrible cold. I think it started as allergies but then it just all turned bad. My cough was out of control and I felt totally wiped out. Every time I thought I was going to try and get on the boards, I would go to bed and instead of typing to all of you...I would fall asleep! I think I am feeling better so I am hoping to get all caught up with all my messages and postings tonight.

Welcome to all our new people! I know I have a couple of PMs, so I will be getting to those as quickly as I can.

Hey Jen...

Glad you're doing better!

Hi everyone! I haven't been around much either. Alexa had dress rehearsals and shows all week, thank goodness only 1 show today, and we've been crazy busy! 5 shows down, 7 to go, before choir concerts start and she auditions for the Sound of Music. Thank goodness she has Tues and Wed off this week! Time for a break.
I hear ya on the cold problem Jen, my son missed 2 days of school, and I got it myself on Friday night. Sick of it already LOL!

Welcome to our new cruisers!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Evening Everyone!

Hi Jen,

I am glad your feeling a bit better. I feel miserable have the worst congestion and soar throat I hope the meds. kick in and I am better soon!!:sick::sick:

Hi everyone! I haven't been around much either. Alexa had dress rehearsals and shows all week, thank goodness only 1 show today, and we've been crazy busy! 5 shows down, 7 to go, before choir concerts start and she auditions for the Sound of Music. Thank goodness she has Tues and Wed off this week! Time for a break.
I hear ya on the cold problem Jen, my son missed 2 days of school, and I got it myself on Friday night. Sick of it already LOL!

Welcome to our new cruisers!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Erika,

I hope you feel better soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter