August 16th Western

NYGiantsRule!

DIS Veteran
August 16, 2003 Western

DW & DH (late forty's), DS (2 weeks shy of 14) and DS10. This will be our 2nd DC.

Welcome aboard!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc We are also going on the 8/16/03 cruise. Me-31,DH 47,DS 17,DS 10(turning 11on the ship) and DS 8. There are many DIS'ers going. I'm sure they will all reply.;)

Jennifer

Also our 2nd DC. Myself (46), DH (47 on Sat.) and DS (will be 11 in July).

Hey Jennifer!

Me-31,DH 47,DS 17,DS 10(turning 11on the ship) and DS 8.

You're 31 and your oldest DS is 17? Are you guys originally from the deep South?

Hi NYGiantsRule! This will also be our second Disney cruise. Our = me (older than I act), DS10 (when we sail) and DM65++. Looking forward to meeting you onboard the Magic.

Hi all! We're still here (mostly lurking around the board) and counting the days till we sail.

It's me (old and very fluffy), DH (old, kind of fluffy, but adorable), my DD(21, handicapped but incredibly adorable, of course;) ), and my sister( not as old, not fluffy, but adorable and very funny).

Who will be at the PC Radisson on the 15th? We will be arriving sometime in the afternoon. We are driving from Charlotte, NC after we pick up my sister.

It would be nice to have a meet and greet at the hotel on Friday. Anybody up for it?

Hey BD.......LOL....No we are not from the deep south!!!! Actually he is my stepson. I guess I should write DSS17.;)

So no everyone......I was not having children at 14. LOL

Jennifer

Good morning, Jennifer. No explanation was necessary - lol. I was only joking and besides, you should've let all of us continue to ponder the age differences.

Good morning, Linda.

It would be nice to have a meet and greet at the hotel on Friday. Anybody up for it?

Definitely. We will be arriving mid-afternoon on the 15th. Heaven knows the exact time as I made our airline reservations approximately 6 months ago and haven't checked back since. The schedule has probably changed several times...

Hi nygiantsrule, and everybody for august 16th

We are a familly of 3 from the province of Quebec , Canada
it will be our first cruise,
me 38 years old - DW thirdy something...;)
and DD9 (will celebrate 10th birthday on board.)
-
Will fly in saturday morning so won't be able to meet you
friday, but surely hope to meet all of you on the ship.

Steff

I think we need to start a list of who is going to be at the Radisson. We're getting in around 9:40 Friday but DH wants to drive around Cocoa Beach and check out the condos there. (I would love to buy one so close to the port).

Hi starwood.

DH wants to drive around Cocoa Beach and check out the condos there. (I would love to buy one so close to the port).

If you and DH are seriously looking in the area, why not contact Shirley at The Perfect Gift privately? Her business is in the area and, I would assume, her residence is too. She might be able to offer valuable insight into where (or where not) to look.

Just a thought...

We WERE on this cruise (our fourth DCL cruise - but first Western). Booked it last April (2002) and had to cancel yesterday (I actually cried when I got off the phone). We had an unbelievable price, but had a serious work conflict.

On the bright side, with the new 7 for 4 night package, I was able to book a week at the Poly concierge for $1000 less than the cruise was in the same time frame on the dates we could do.

I think I'm going to have to stay away from this board for awhile, or I'm going to get SO depressed! :(

Y'all have a GREAT time! :teeth:

Hi happydays. Sorry to learn you had to cancel this cruise, but a week at WDW while lodging at the Polynesian is a terrific vacation in and of itself. My son and I stayed there a few years back. And what does "Buckaroo" remember most vividly? The room? No. The restaurants? No. The ease of catching a "private" monorail? Well, a bit. But the number 1 memory? The tiny boxes containing lady bugs that the kids were given to release in the various gardens to help control insects...

Happydays, I completely understand how you feel about the canceled cruise. I had to cancel our 11/02 cruise and I DID cry. But you'll have fun at the Poly, and be ready to cruise another day.

BD, lol, so like a child. Only remember the really cool parts.

Hi Steff! Hope we can meet on the ship. I was hoping we all could meet on the "secret" deck 7. Maybe have some refreshments and share some stories. I'm sure BD can entertain us with a few. :)

Maybe all us Radisson folks could meet up after dinner?

Good morning all,
Buckeroo am I correct in assuming you will be going western in August? If so, you better stop by the shop or I will be an unhappy camper - also Starwood - short story - Cape Canaveral was considered the armpits of Brevard County at one time - I knew I swore "I would never live in CC" - I brought a condo here simply due to the fact that real estate was so low - but boy have things changed here - Cape Canaveral is growing like a weed - New Condo's are being built it seems like every month here - If you want to live on the water, then its going to cost - my suggestion - come down, stop by the shop and I will give you some good leads of where to start - meanwhile, I would be more than happy to send you the classifieds from the newspaper here -
Also to those that do not know - I was born and raised in Key West and due to the fact I know my hometown - I offer free stuff from there as to what to do, where to go, where to stay away from etc all for the cost of a SASE manilla envelope - no hidden strings -
Anyhow hope all have a great week of what is left of it.
Hugsssssss from me to you from a very wet Florida
Always
Shirley

Shirley,

Though I would LOVE to live in Florida - my mother lives here and doesn't drive so guess who the chauffeur is?

We would probably be looking for a condo to rent and one that we could use once or twice a year. (when we cruise;) . I'll ask DH if he would like to look over the classified and let you know.

Thanks.

Good morning Shirley.

you better stop by the shop or I will be an unhappy camper

We will most certainly stop by the shop to say hello. "Buckaroo" even has his own florist knife, although it'll have to remain in NY with all the revamped airline security regulations AND non-revamped Daddy-says rules...

I brought a condo here simply

Quite a "simple" feat from Key West...

My family and I will also be on this cruise - Me (37), Hubby (35) and daughter (11). We have never cruised before, let alone Disney cruised, and we're very excited. I think these boards are terrific - so much advice and information I never would have thought to ask for. It would be great to meet up with other cruisers, please could anyone tell me how forum users do this.
Thanks Gaynor.

Hi Gaynor.

It would be great to meet up with other cruisers, please could anyone tell me how forum users do this.

Not quite sure I understand the question. Disers can agree to meet somewhere onboard ship or sometime before if convenient. Are you arriving at the port area the day before the cruise? It seems as though a good number of August 16th-ers are staying at The Radisson in Port Canaveral the night before our cruise.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else...

We will be unable to meet up at the Radisson before the cruise because we are staying at DW for the week before. So I'll guess that we will have to meet up with everyone onboard. Don't worry though....I have my lime green mickey heads from Home Depot. ;)

Jennifer

Good morning, Jennifer.

We will be unable to meet up at the Radisson before the cruise because we are staying at DW for the week before.

No one told you? Most of us are STAYING at The Radisson, but we're MEETING the evening before at your WDW room... lol.

See you onboard ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter