• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2013 trips?

Another one for OKW here, although we don't check in until 14th August for 16 nights, DxDDP.
We fly from Heathrow on 8th August spending 4 nights in Renaissance hotel at Seaworld and 2 nights HRH club level.......I'm sooooooo excited :).
It's neither mine nor anybody in my families birthday/anniversary but I will have just graduated from uni , so I'll have a big fat badge letting everybody know :)

We're going August 12th for 20 nights. We too aren't paying Virgin prices this year and are flying in direct from London to Houston to Orlando.

Can't wait, I know the drive back to Liverpool when we land in London will be horrendous but we're going to Florida!

:o)

I'm flying indirect with United too, virgin prices were ridiculous !!!!
I'm not looking forward to the drive back either, I've got all my fingers and toes crossed the saving will be worth it xx

We are going 19th August to 2nd September staying at Yacht Club with free DDP. We booked through BA substantially cheaper than Virgin :)

We hope to see you there Lisash, we are there on the same dates at the same hotel, have fun with your planning and it will not be much longer until the park hours are available and we can book our ADRs .

wifey said:
We hope to see you there Lisash, we are there on the same dates at the same hotel, have fun with your planning and it will not be much longer until the park hours are available and we can book our ADRs .

Does anyone roughly know when August hours are out please? It's our first time on free DDP so would love to start getting our planning all under control :)

We are going 19th August to 2nd September staying at Yacht Club with free DDP. We booked through BA substantially cheaper than Virgin :)

I've just reluctantly booked our flights with Virgin for stupid money! We really didn't want to fly indirect as we'll be travelling with a 3 month old and if we'd booked with BA we would have been messing around trying to get to Gatwick! :crazy2:

We're going 7-24 August, indirect with United via Newark, then Dulles on return. 13nights at Wilderness Lodge, then 4 nights at the beach, not sure where yet, but veering towards Fort Lauderdale, seems plenty to do!

We are going 13th-31st August, flying biz, United from MAN (are virgin actually managing to sell what I considered a tatty business cabin for nearly 3k each?), on a cruise in middle for 1 week from 18th-25th August. Staying at BLT in a 1 bedroom for 2nd leg unsure about the first but DW fancies an epcot resort.

BTW, Doing cruise with Royal Caribbean again this year, they have a great deal on for anyone interested at the moment, it was £619 each for 1 week on freedom of the seas, they are including a free upgrade at the moment from a window cabin to a superior balcony cabin, its a UK offer, same cabin is $1299 on US website.

We are booked into OKW for 15 nights from the 1oth August then onto the Dream for 4 nights. Still no flights booked but hoping to fly out on the 3rd/4th August, still deciding what to do for the first 7 days before checking into OKW :thumbsup2

we are off to the world on the 8th August for 18 days - this is our first holiday alone with out our boys since they were born - they are both dissappointed not to be coming but have been at least 12 times before and will be 22 and 18 by the time we go. We are also flying indirect for the first time, but the flights were less than half the price of BA or Virgin and that was after DH discount (he works at Heathrow), the only other thing that is booked is our Car got an SUV for £250 again with DH discount. As yet we have not booked accomodation but I am planning on looking for this before I return to work on the 8th. We are super excited about a trip just the two of us, we are looking forward to eating at different restaurants, we normally stick to the same ones as our youngest son has an issue with food after he was born with a problem with his mouth, which took some time to sort out. We are planning on eating at Citricos for our anniversary (26 years) and also thinking of visiting other places outside of Orlando so might take a trip to Daytona and/or Mount Dora

We are booked into OKW for 15 nights from the 1oth August then onto the Dream for 4 nights. Still no flights booked but hoping to fly out on the 3rd/4th August, still deciding what to do for the first 7 days before checking into OKW :thumbsup2

We'll be there at the same time! :thumbsup2 We're checking in on the 9th for 21 nights. So hopefully we'll get chance to see you! :goodvibes

All your trips sound amazing! :-) getting very exciting now!

We are going Disney world THIS YEAR!

Happy new year everyone :-)

We are popping back for some well earned vacation time 19th August-2nd Sept 2013 staying at Disney's Yacht Club (water view) flights with KLM/Delta which were much cheaper than using VA and even allows us to break up the journey and stretch our legs.

Exciting! More or less the same dates as us, give or take a day or two!

We're flying out from Manchester on the 23rd (flights with Virgin)... Staying on site at the Yacht Club (Water View room too!) until the 3rd, and then in a villa until the 9th :)

Maybe we'll see you about!

Hollie x

We are going 15-30 aug, flying virgin from gatwick (m&m fare)2 nights at Royal pacific resort universal to make use of FOLP passes then onto Wilderness lodge too. Will be celebrating my belated 40th birthday, our 10th wedding anniversary in oct and our son will be 6 when we are there, so planning his birthday with lunch at crystal palace, pirate makeover and pirates and pals cruise. Lets hope he still likes pirates then! Roll on feb so I can book my ADR's.

we're going with tc, not paying virgin silly prices as not much of a last minute risktaker and wanted them safely booked, couldn't do waiting around, nor indirect.

booked pofq for 17 nights also townhouse at emerald island.
got 21 day wdw tickets, so may try a trip to epcot on arrival day, as usually we don't go anywhere.
trying universal for the first time,so looking forward to that too. :goodvibes

Me my Dh and Ds (aged 7 when there) are leaving Manchester on 20th aug. we are staying at SSR for 2 weeks. Staying at SSR for the first time having been to pop century 2011. Loved the Disney resort feel, having stayed in villas and non-Disney hotels before, found this was the type of Orlando holiday for us as a family. Looking forward to surprising our Ds on the day we fly ( if I can hold out). Booked really early this time to try and get the best deal , thank goodness as now the prices have increased to a price we simply couldn't afford. We've got the DDP and park tickets included. Can't wait to see the new fantasy land and try and get a table in "be our guest" restaurant , hopefully... Sooooooooooo exited to say "I'm going Disney this year!"

We are out there 19/08 to 02/09

10 nights at Wilderness Lodge followed by 4 nights at Royal Pacific Resort.

Flight will be with Delta, KLM or Air France as we had no in flight entertainment outbound last year and following a gentle complaint about not receiving our $25
Compensation we were given £80 each! Currently means we are hoping that with discount we can pay around £400, however, due to voucher we do have more flexibility. Our original flight budget was £500 pp but would like to benefit from the delta voucher to save money!

DD 15 has spent the whole day with her laminator and dry wipe pens making dining plans, count down charts and other planning goodies!

We fly out (5 adults) on the 27th July for 14 nights. Heathrow - O'Hare - Orlando with United for £446 each. Staying at Cypress Pointe Grand Villas for 1 week and then Disney's Beach Club for the 2nd week with free DDP.
We will be celebrating our 21st Wedding Anniversary on the 8th August (planning on going to MK that day with evening reservation at "Be Our Guest").
Can't wait now until I can do our ADR's - roll on 4th February!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter