• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2015, it's early but who's with me?!

I have the PIN with the park hoppers added and 15% off the room at A of A, and I can also see the Summer discount on the website that would be 20% off the A of A room.

For a family of 6 I am not sure what the better deal is. Also, I am thinking about doing the Orbitz deal for extra savings, maybe that is better than either of those deals? The Orbitz rate seems to be the 20% off + 15% more off the room. We are planning to stay on resort for 4 days and then move to a rental house or hotel with suites and laundry, so it would be nice to have the park hopper tickets for the whole stay.

I think I might want to get the waterparks pass in addition to the park hoppers, I am not sure what way to go about it, especially if the park hoppers are included in the PIN deal. If anyone has advice or an opinion on which deal is best, or how to crunch the numbers I'd love to hear it!

We have the magical deal staying at the Grand Floridian 5 nights with 5 day base tickets and one day water park for myself and my granddaughter who is 12 . Total cost of the room and tickets $ 2039.68. Now I'm waiting on flights to go down which is not budging from 376.00 a person :P. We are paying for food out of pocket and I'm not really sure how much to figure in for that. We will be doing one sit down reservation a day and the rest will be quick service. I never eat breakfast and only eat maybe one snack a day so that will help lol. Now my granddaughter is a different story, eating it is her hobby lol just kidding but she enjoys all meals and snacks !

I had to cancel our Aug trip, but hope to go in May.
Enjoy all August travelers, hope you have a magical trip!

We are going 8/29-9/6, staying at the WL with WP&M tix. 4 adults - me, DH, DS13 & DD12. I waffled back and forth between wanting a room discount or free dining, but I think if it's offered, we'll go with free dining. I sat down with menus, figured out what everyone would order, and I think it's a break even between the 2discounts for us. The difference is that with the DDP we will eat at a couple more TS places, and I'll let my kids order whatever they want rather than give them a limit. They both have adult palates and expensive tastes! If they both want the steak and seafood meals they can have them on the DDP rather than have me directing them to the sandwiches when paying oop.

Waiting impatiently for discounts to be announced...

Ok, so we just extended our trip... now 10 days at the Poly!!!! 8/16 - 8/25!!! Thank you magical deal!

So here's a guess based on a rumor that was on Twitter:

Free dining for checkins in the following ranges
August 15 - October 2
October 25 - 31
November 8 - 19
December 15 - 21

Excluded resorts include All Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter, Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, and various Villas. Port Orleans Riverside is only included during the period of Aug 15-Oct 2 and excluded for the other dates.

So here's a guess based on a rumor that was on Twitter:

Free dining for checkins in the following ranges
August 15 - October 2
October 25 - 31
November 8 - 19
December 15 - 21

Excluded resorts include All Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter, Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, and various Villas. Port Orleans Riverside is only included during the period of Aug 15-Oct 2 and excluded for the other dates.

It's not a rumor, lol. The new twist with this offer is that you need to get Park Hoppers or Water Park Fun & More tickets, not just regular base tickets.
free dining.PNG

I would love to know what everyone has for dining ressies! It's one of my fav parts of the vacation :)

I would love to know what everyone has for dining ressies! It's one of my fav parts of the vacation :)

Ooh, fun question!

I have:
dinner at Be Our Guest (my first time!)
dinner at San Angel Inn
lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
lunch at Tusker House

What does everyone else have?

Okay I'll play (using free dining from bounce back):

Day 1: Be Our Guest Lunch, Hoop-Dee-Doo Dinner
Day 2: Be Our Guest Dinner (This may change as my wife is not a fan of the dinner)
Day 3: Teppan Edo Dinner
Day 4: 'Ohana Dinner
Day 5: 50's Primetime Dinner
Day 6: Coral Reef Dinner
Day 7: Yak & Yeti Dinner
Day 8: Le Cellier Steakhouse Dinner (My wifes choice)
Day 9: Be Our Guest Lunch

Day 150's prime time Dinner
Day 2 Biergarten Dinner
Day 3 Boma Dinner
Day 4 BOG lunch
OHana's Dinner
Day 5 Teppan Edo Dinner
Day 6 San Angel Dinner
Day 7 Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
Day 8 T Rex

BOG, Biergarten and TRex are all new for me......what does everyone think?

Day 150's prime time Dinner
Day 2 Biergarten Dinner
Day 3 Boma Dinner
Day 4 BOG lunch
OHana's Dinner
Day 5 Teppan Edo Dinner
Day 6 San Angel Dinner
Day 7 Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
Day 8 T Rex

BOG, Biergarten and TRex are all new for me......what does everyone think?
Each night we are a group of 10 :rainbow::rainbow::worship:

We have a magical deal & are paying oop so we tried to limit character meals since we have FD in December & can use credits for them then...

Day 1 BoG supper
Day 2 Sci Fi lunch
Day 3 Ohana bkfst (we may drop this to save some $)
BoG lunch
Day 4 MM F! Lunch
Day 5 Cape May Cafe bkfst (staying @ BC so we try this now or probably never)
B&C diner
Day 6 ----
Day 7 PT diner
Everything else will be QS.

We have
T. rex lunch and narcoosees dinner,be our guest lunch, Cali grille dinner, blue zoos dinner, shulas dinner, brown derby lunch, be our guest dinner, jiko dinner, via Napoli lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter