August 2017

I am also debating over the TA discount which is AWESOME or FD @ a moderate if it comes out.

Would absolutely love to stay @ the Poly but FD may be giving us a significant savings.

If only all my decisions were this fun!

How do you update online. I do not see a modify tab only change reservation or cancel. I did call and was able to get a discount at Pop but not for my CR reservation. I will keep watching but would like to just do it online. I have room only reservations.

How do you update online. I do not see a modify tab only change reservation or cancel. I did call and was able to get a discount at Pop but not for my CR reservation. I will keep watching but would like to just do it online. I have room only reservations.

Use the change reservation tab. It allows you to modify and will show you what the current offers are for your dates.

To those of you who have booked with the agency/deal that's been discussed - I just did as well, and when I linked my reservation on MDE, it isn't listing my res as MYW. It just says my hotel, the dates, and our names. And then under tickets it lists it as: 8 day ticket w PH, WP. Is it showing up differently for the rest of you?

That's what it will look like in MDE. The agencies who book exclusives work through the WDW group reservations department so you haven't booked a MYW package. In essence, you booked a room-only with convention tickets added, not a Walt Disney Travel Co. MYW package.

I am also debating over the TA discount which is AWESOME or FD @ a moderate if it comes out.

Would absolutely love to stay @ the Poly but FD may be giving us a significant savings.

If only all my decisions were this fun!

I was thinking the same thing too. I could stay at a mod and eat really good but I do not think I will like all of the construction going on. AKL is such a great deal I booked and I will ponder my options when they announce discounts/free dinning soon!

That's what it will look like in MDE. The agencies who book exclusives work through the WDW group reservations department so you haven't booked a MYW package. In essence, you booked a room-only with convention tickets added, not a Walt Disney Travel Co. MYW package.
Thanks! :)

So since the summer discounts have been announced my fiancée and I talked about booking a moderate resort for our Aug 27th - Sep 4th stay. This way we can save a bit on the room and use the extra we saved for food, spa, etc. We are currently booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge under the August/Labor Day exclusive travel agent offer. Here is the break down... I thought we would be saving but oh was I wrong! See below...

Currently Booked
Animal Kingdom Lodge
6 - Day Base + 1 - Water Park
$2,525

Possibly Booking

Caribbean Beach Resort
6 - Day Base (no water park)
$2,407

We can pay $118 more to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge AND get a day at the water park!? Needless to say we are keeping our reservation at AKL. I am amazed again at how awesome of a deal we got. It is nice to see other people/family's are being able to take advantage of this deal too.

I will keep checking back to see if better deals come out for August/September but it is looking like I have found it!

I'm so happy that I found this thread before we booked our Labor Day trip. I just booked the Poly for a great rate. We had stayed at the Poly last year and thought we'd save a little by doing the Contemporary this year, but the quote for the Poly ended up being slightly less expensive. So excited to head back there as we loved it last time.

This is disappointing. I tried to put in my dates (25th August - 31st August) and it says that the discount doesn't apply. It won't work for ANY of the resorts although I really want to stay at POP. I've tried playing with the dates, it won't budget. Any ideas?

This is disappointing. I tried to put in my dates (25th August - 31st August) and it says that the discount doesn't apply. It won't work for ANY of the resorts although I really want to stay at POP. I've tried playing with the dates, it won't budget. Any ideas?

I noticed when I first tried the summer code, if that's what youre referring to, there was hardly anything and nothing at some resorts.
Then, I got a UOC and could get basically anything I wanted.
Not sure whats up with that, but makes me think they haven't released many room yet for the summer code.
Check your emails and call to see if you have a UOC, it is also about 5% more off than the summer code, but the availability is the big draw here.

So since the summer discounts have been announced my fiancée and I talked about booking a moderate resort for our Aug 27th - Sep 4th stay. This way we can save a bit on the room and use the extra we saved for food, spa, etc. We are currently booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge under the August/Labor Day exclusive travel agent offer. Here is the break down... I thought we would be saving but oh was I wrong! See below...

Currently Booked
Animal Kingdom Lodge
6 - Day Base + 1 - Water Park
$2,525

Possibly Booking

Caribbean Beach Resort
6 - Day Base (no water park)
$2,407

We can pay $118 more to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge AND get a day at the water park!? Needless to say we are keeping our reservation at AKL. I am amazed again at how awesome of a deal we got. It is nice to see other people/family's are being able to take advantage of this deal too.

I will keep checking back to see if better deals come out for August/September but it is looking like I have found it
!

I've booked that deal a few times. I've never seen a better deal out there.

I know I shouldn't care what other people do, but it kills me when I see people going those dates and booking a Deluxe direct through Disney. LOL.

I'm so happy that I found this thread before we booked our Labor Day trip. I just booked the Poly for a great rate. We had stayed at the Poly last year and thought we'd save a little by doing the Contemporary this year, but the quote for the Poly ended up being slightly less expensive. So excited to head back there as we loved it last time.

Same. We were hedging on what we were going to do and for how long... and then I found the thread and used some google-fu. The best part is that it's a complete surprise to my daughters. We surprised them in 2011, which was a bit of a mess, and they were ecstatic. Although we've been twice since, they have both said they want to be surprised again.

When we do tell them about the trip (likely when I get home from work the day before we leave), we're going to tell them we're staying at POFQ. We've stayed there before, and they weren't in love with it; we'll just tell them we got a great deal. We often talk about our next WDW trip, so we've done things like ask what color Magic Bands they'd want, etc.

just following along with this thread...possible solo trip in August here...maybe staying at All Stars...carry on!

I noticed when I first tried the summer code, if that's what youre referring to, there was hardly anything and nothing at some resorts.
Then, I got a UOC and could get basically anything I wanted.
Not sure whats up with that, but makes me think they haven't released many room yet for the summer code.
Check your emails and call to see if you have a UOC, it is also about 5% more off than the summer code, but the availability is the big draw here.
oh cool! Thank you. How do I sign up to have the code emailed to me? I am not on the Disney email list.

oh cool! Thank you. How do I sign up to have the code emailed to me? I am not on the Disney email list.

No one knows the mystery of who gets the UOCs, but they are personal to you. I suggest starting an MDE account, maybe put a trip in your cart and leave it there, request a video tape, etc., when you take trips....

We started going to Disney last August and we signed up for everything! My Disney experience, Disney cruise line planning dvd, info about Aulani, Disney movie rewards, etc. We get codes every year. Also, make sure to call Disney and ask about a trip I really think this is the winner.

There's no rhyme or reason. I've been going to WDW regularly for over 20 years. I've tried every trick and never got a code. However twice I've booked rooms for other people that were going on the trip with us and I started getting codes in their name. That's really annoying. Five or 6 years ago they allowed me to use a FD code that was in my brother's name.

I switched from Summer offer to Passholder this morning for my August stays. The rates are there, and for me they worked out well. Good luck everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter