*August 2019 check in*

Awesome! I have also paid for a standard room (same time frame, too!)- I would be fine paying $40 for a better view! Thank you for the tip!

Out of curiosity, where did you find the discount in the first place?

Awesome! I have also paid for a standard room (same time frame, too!)- I would be fine paying $40 for a better view! Thank you for the tip!

Out of curiosity, where did you find the discount in the first place?
On Facebook the Disney Food Blog announced/posted that Disney had discounted some rooms for some dates.

You're so welcome!! I am so excited right now!!

Last edited:
Cinnaminny- I owe you a Dole Whip! Thank you soo much for the tip! I actually saved $26 on my mom's reservation (she's doing a split stay between the DLH and BW), and only had to pay $60 to upgrade my 6 night stay!

I'm so excited, too! Doing a happy dance!!!! :dancer:

Cinnaminny- I owe you a Dole Whip! Thank you soo much for the tip! I actually saved $26 on my mom's reservation (she's doing a split stay between the DLH and BW), and only had to pay $60 to upgrade my 6 night stay!

I'm so excited, too! Doing a happy dance!!!! :dancer:
Yay!!! That is so exciting!! That is sweet that your mom got an deal also!!

The way our days work out we will have to go to DCA on EMH which we won't have (although crossing my fingers they extend the current Disney Visa discount) so we would need to go on a Mon or Wed. Is there a "slower" day at DCA when there is EMH?

Planning, more planning, rethinking planning, revision of planning.

@CherylGonz Will you have max pass?

I found last year that when we got to DCA even on there EMH we were able to get in to the park before the official regular opening time. We followed Casey's plan from Disneyland Daily and it worked well. We went straight to Soarin and were getting on before the 9am park open. On our walk over to soarin I grabbed a fast pass for Radiator Springs I think or maybe Incredicoaster. That morning we were able to do most of the attractions. I just kept on top of my fast passes so we were able to do keep moving along.

I also use the tour plan app we don't always follow it exactly but I find that we can put in the things we want to do for the day and then have an list to follow. When we go with a big group, over dinner we talk about what was great for the day etc. I always ask for everyone to give me one thing that they want to do for the next day, a ride or show etc. And we make sure that we do that. I never want anyone feeling like they are left out. When it is just my daughter and I we pretty much do everything over and over.

My husband thought I had gone mad because I have been planning, replanning, revising. But I'm so glad I am over-planning this trip- I'm honestly having a lot of fun getting ready for this trip. Plus I found the disboards- this is seriously a gold mine!
I've never planned so much for a trip EVER. But I'm hoping it will all pay off- soon! 17 days until we go!! :stitch::mickeyjum

@iMadHatter my family is used to my crazy planning. I find that even if it isn't always necessary it keeps me excited for my trip and gives me something to do. :rotfl2: I sent my daughter a picture of our daily plans I was working on sprawled out on my desk and her reply was "I wondered when your planning folder would come together"

Random thing I would like to verify is still a thing. Do counter service places still give free ice waters? Since I am not bringing my family I could easily get my own water that way and not bring a water bottle.

Just a heads up, there was a discount to some Disney owned hotel rooms. I upgraded my 6 nights this morning for an extra 40 bucks.

I haven't received my confirmation email yet after my call, but I assume everything went through. Makes me nervous when I don't get an email right away.
This is the best news ever! I missed the announcement about it (thank goodness for DIS and everyone here) but I just called and got the discount applied to our existing reservation. So doing a happy dance right now (and maybe crying tears of joy)

:dancer::dance3:

We have reservations for this on the 19th and when I check the DL website WOC is showing at 9:00 so even though I have not got this email yet I assume it is coming shortly.

I'm not 100% upset about the change, 9:30 for desserts was going to be a bit late for us. We are typically early to bed and early to rise.

I'm going to confirm this with DL and then likely move our LLL reservation from 4:50 to 3:30ish.

Small update:

Called Disney Dining and confirmed that the times for WoC have changed and that they are in the process of notifying people of the new time to show up. Easy enough for me to change my LLL 4:50 reservation to a 3:35 one.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

I don't know if anyone is looking to do Oga's or Savi's at SWGE but they just changed it to a 14 day reservation window. I was able to book Savi's for our arrival day (which was the plan all along) just now. They did say some Oga's will be available same day but I was able to book that as well for our Tuesday night. I'm so happy; this has been a good Disney day.

I don't know if anyone is looking to do Oga's or Savi's at SWGE but they just changed it to a 14 day reservation window. I was able to book Savi's for our arrival day (which was the plan all along) just now. They did say some Oga's will be available same day but I was able to book that as well for our Tuesday night. I'm so happy; this has been a good Disney day.

Thank you!!! I wonder when they changed this? I just made one for our arrival day for 2:30 hopefully our flights are on time haha..

That’s awesome! Thanks for the heads up :) Putting a reminder in my calendar for when I can make a reservation!

I just ran to the website and snagged reservations for 1:35 pm on Monday 8/5. Woo hoo! And I agree, this HAS been a great Disney day.

Thanks for the update!! I’ll make a note. Beats trying to book from the airplane.

I'm so glad that they changed it to a 14 day reservation. Not having to worry about trying to get an Oga's reservation at 7:00 in the morning is a relief.

I agree, I was going to have to do it during our short layover in seattle. I just could picture myself losing my mind if my phone wouldn't connect or something hahah

Got this email had a slight oh no they canceled!! Then read it and said well that’s not I bad

I got the same one and I was relieved! The original booking was really too late for me, but I also wanted to do the package and show. We're taking reduced park hours as a positive sign for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter