*August 2019 check in*

Ok was going to be out in CA to visit family first week of August and planned on skipping DL due to craziness. However based on such great reports on crowds so far just booked Candy Cane Inn for 2 nights. I guess if they unlock passes and crowds get crazy we can cancel but at least now I have the hotel! I just hope it stays this way!

We're staying at Del Sol this trip. We've stayed at most of the hotels on Harbor across the street from the main gate (Park Vue, BWPPI, etc.), but this will be a first for Del Sol. It was so much cheaper than the other options and I'm guessing it will be fine. I can't see spending any more than absolutely necessary for any other hotels on Harbor.

We have stayed at the Del sol for the past few trips and it has always been fine. Nothing fancy but clean and comfy and so close!!

Hi Folks - Just booked a quick last minute trip (by my obsessive planning standards anyway) for July 31 - August 3rd. My 16 year old son and I are traveling with my sister and her 6 year old triplets for their first trip to Disneyland. The triplets are Cars FANATICS! My 19 year old daughter had jaw surgery a few weeks ago so it remains to be seen if she can come along. We have a family suite at Camelot Inn and Suites. We are veteran WDW guests but traveled to DL for the first time this year and fell in love. I was surprised by the availability this late. Cheers and happy planning - Tami

Well now that I am super excited about the Parade haha, I have started to rough out a plan. It is just my daughter who is 22 and myself going, we are both so excited to be able to pull this trip off sort of last minute. (or last minute for the planner in me) Normally I start in one park and finish in the opposite park but with Star Wars I am so confused on what we are doing.

August 1st Arrive at SNA -around 10:40am, should make it to the hotel before noon. Drop bags and head straight to the parks, we won't be able to check in anyways. I thought we could spend a few hours in the park and then go back to the hotel around 4 to check in and unpack maybe have a nap etc. We have a WOC Dessert reservation for the evening.

I am not sure if we should get a reservation for the Cantina for when we get there or wait till the next day.

August 2nd (Friday) Start in DCA and stay for Lunch Reservation at 2:30 at Carthay, Spend the evening at DL watch the Parade

August 3rd (Saturday) Start in DL its MM hour so early start 7am. We do have a Reservation for Minnie & Friends at 10:30am not sure about keeping it or not.

August 4th (Sunday) Not sure where we will start but we do have a Lamplight Reservation for a late lunch.

August 5th (Monday) We have till around 2pm before having to head to the hotel and go home :(

So excited to see the Main Street Electrical parade. When my son was a toddler we had a VHS video of the parade he watched over and over until it broke. Neither of my kids have seen it in person but I saw it when I was a kid. So nostalgic!

This has made my day!!!! I get to ride Soarin over California and see the Electrical Parade! I wonder if they will do some sort of dining package for it...

I was starting to second guess my decision to go in August- the crowds right now seem to be amazing from all reports. I've despaired that they will be awful in August as Disney seems to be doing what they can to pack more crowds in. But I'm right with you- knowing I will get both Electrical Parade and Soarin' over California for my trip has made me so happy!! I'll be doing a happy dance until I get there- 40 days!!! :banana::cheer2:

My family is going August 8 through 15. Hoping I don't have to spend my birthday standing shoulder-to-shoulder in the SW section!

Our family had a change of plans due to my rising middle schooler's orientation week. We're now going 8/27-9/1. Woo hoo for travel on Labor Day :(

I'm probably going to ask in the SW:GE open thread, but if anyone watching here knows the answer:

Do I need 2 reservations for Savi's for us all to enter the land if it's at capacity, or will they let a family of four in on one reservation? We're probably going to try for Cantina reservations the same day, so it may be moot.

Agree with tlcdoula, picking a hotel/motel is one of the more stressful parts of the trip planning!

I'm not sure what rates you have booked but here is what I've found for a few places for check in Aug 24, check out Aug 28. All for a basic room with 2Q.

CCI: $732.00
AMG: $691.00
DI&S: $576.00
PVI: $716.00
Del Sol: $562.10

If it were me, I would book the DI&S or Del Sol. Right across the street from the parks at a better rate!

Edited to add: I just noticed that you are also from Canada, these numbers are all, sadly, in US$.

Also, we are from Vancouver Island, what about you?
Near Toronto. We decided to go with Candy Cane. Better the devil you know as they say. I appreciate all the feedback! I’m tempted to try Del sol next time. I keep hearing good things.

I am looking at the hours for the week I am there and Saturday August 10th has the EMH at DCA and not at DL. Has anyone heard why that changed? It's our last day at the park so no big deal for us but I worry about those who have their MM and might be planning to use it on that day. Maybe a calendar mess up? (it shows it on both the app and online)

Hi August people! I’m in Ottawa for a couple of weeks but I will update this as soon as I can!

We land at 230pm on Thursday the 8th. We have tickets for the Haunted Mansion 50th party from 1am to 4am. Friday won't likely get much done since we won't hit the hotel til like 5 am...... Gotta get some sleep. Hit the park mid afternoon til at least after the fireworks. Just hoping we can make it all night. Not as young as we used to be.

River Bell fantasmic dinner on Saturday.

We plan to do "Walking in Walt's Footsteps" either Saturday the 10th or Sunday the 11th. Whichever day we don't do the tour we will do Steakhouse 55 breakfast. Made reservations for both days and will cancel the one that's for the day of the tour.

Book restaurants at 60 days and tours at 30......

Our flight leaves at 9 Monday night, so we'll have a good chunk of time on Monday too. Hopefully get some Star Wars time in there.
see you there - I'm driving down Thursday am (I'll leave around 5am) I'll probably do a few hours in the park - I'm thinking riding Soaring & Mickey's philharmagic, pick up merchandise for Haunted Mansion event then head back to the hotel for hopefully a few hours of sleep. Then line back up at night for the event. I'm leaving Friday wide open cause I have no idea what being up all night is going to do to me (11pm is a late night for me!). But I'm hoping to get back in the park in the evening to see the Electric LIght Parade and fireworks on Friday

I am looking at the hours for the week I am there and Saturday August 10th has the EMH at DCA and not at DL. Has anyone heard why that changed? It's our last day at the park so no big deal for us but I worry about those who have their MM and might be planning to use it on that day. Maybe a calendar mess up? (it shows it on both the app and online)
I may not be right on this, but from what I understand, they change EMH to accommodate the CHOC walk on Sunday, August 11.

I just noticed on Aug 12 Hyper space is closed for refurbishment. We arrive on Aug 18. How do you find out how long the refurbishment lasts?

I just noticed on Aug 12 Hyper space is closed for refurbishment. We arrive on Aug 18. How do you find out how long the refurbishment lasts?
I just checked the Disneyland park hours on the website and don't see HyperSpace listed on the refurbishment list. It doesn't usually go down for it's Halloween overlay until closer to September.

Oh wait by going to the Hyperspace Moutain page I see no times listed for Monday, August 12 but open times for Sunday, August 11 and Tuesday, August 13. Maybe it's just a website fluke?

I just checked the Disneyland park hours on the website and don't see HyperSpace listed on the refurbishment list. It doesn't usually go down for it's Halloween overlay until closer to September.

Oh wait by going to the Hyperspace Moutain page I see no times listed for Monday, August 12 but open times for Sunday, August 11 and Tuesday, August 13. Maybe it's just a website fluke?
Oh good. I’ll keep checking. I was going to be so bummed. We are also worried about HM but crossing my fingers that we can ride it when we first get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter