• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2020 Reservations-still going?

Well, I just cancelled our Park Pass reservations! I'd say they are up for grabs, but the calendar is still green for August! So sad not to go, but, the hours available, numbers, *bar closing (lol not really), and mask wearing and heat for kids made my choice.

I really don’t think this should be the place to debate vaccines/anti vax, conspiracy theories or anything not based in facts and numbers. That’s for Twitter (where all sanity seems to have died). Can’t this be the one place people can go to discuss Disney and vacations and travel without all that noise?

We booked onsite rooms for late August but didn't buy tickets before WDW shut sales down. So my question is, has Disney said when they'll start selling tickets for 2020? Or if they will? Because the availability of tickets will surely impact our decision to go in August or not, lol.

Last edited:

We booked onsite rooms for late August but didn't buy tickets before WDW shut sales down. So my question is, has Disney said when they'll start selling tickets for 2020? Or if they will? Because the availability of tickets will surely impact our decision to go in August or not, lol.
Disney said 2020 tickets on sale in late summer.

They said "later this summer". Guess Disney will evaluate once they get everyone who already has tickets squared away and they can look at capacity? I hope you can get tickets!
(I'm waiting too, I have tickets but need to add two days or else DD and I will only be in the parks 1 day for a 5 day trip in November lol. Our August we got in under the wire the week before they announced they were stopping sales).

We confirmed our mid-August stay via Disney's email, but feel it's not really up to us. If NY continues to require a quarantine upon return, we will need to cancel. Don't want to cancel while there'a the tiniest glimmer of hope. If we move the trip rather than cancel in August, will we avoid a cancellation fee?

We confirmed our mid-August stay via Disney's email, but feel it's not really up to us. If NY continues to require a quarantine upon return, we will need to cancel. Don't want to cancel while there'a the tiniest glimmer of hope. If we move the trip rather than cancel in August, will we avoid a cancellation fee?
I don’t think Disney is currently charging the cancellation fee, though there may be fees associated with other parts of your trip like airfare.

Obviously no cancellation fee if you move, but the 2021 prices seem quite a bit steeper to me, and you will pay the difference.

I don’t think Disney is currently charging the cancellation fee, though there may be fees associated with other parts of your trip like airfare.

Obviously no cancellation fee if you move, but the 2021 prices seem quite a bit steeper to me, and you will pay the difference.
You can cancel up until the day before with a full refund.

UGH - we cancelled our late Aug stay at GFV....have not stayed there yet and was super-duper excited!

There is a teeny-tiny chance that we might go in mid/late October but we'll have to see....

You're able to modify your reservation now to turn it into a ticket package

I cancelled our GV at OKW yesterday. Was for a 8/11 - 8/14 stay, before we got on a cruise on 8/16 that we are not going on.

Hanging on to our 8/26 trip (SW, Aquatica, and 1 day of Magic Kingdom) by the skin of my teeth... my husband wants to cancel.

We're going the week of 8/3. I hope there is some good news from FLA by then!

We will be there at the same time and have no plans to cancel, but are also hoping to hear some positives come out of Florida.

To put in perspective though, and it is is a very personal decision....my DH is Type 1 diabetic and had a routine checkup this morning with his endocrinologist. When asked if he had vacation plans this summer, he said we were going to Universal/WDW the first week of August. His doctor did not express any concerns at all, except to make sure he stays hydrated! He said wash your hands/use sanitzer and wear your mask and have a good time. We weren't looking for confirmation from the doctor on if we should or shouldn't go (we had already decided we were personally comfortable to go with the precautions in place) but we were a bit surprised that the doctor wasn't concerned either.

I cancelled our August trip this morning. My wife and I didn't think it was worth it to travel this year. We're going to lose 109 points from our 2018 DVC use year (i'm trying to rent them, if not i'll bank them into RCI). Hopefully next year there will be a viable vaccine and things will be somewhat back to normal...but the way things are trending in this country who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter