August 2020 Reservations-still going?

We are going in 2 weeks. I'm actually very excited about this trip, no worry of booking FP+ around ADRs, low crowds, low waits and our first F&W/F&G festival whatever they're calling it 🤣 We usually go either early June or early August and again in mid-November. We did not have any trips on the books so this is a freshly booked trip. While we usually don't relish in our summer visits as much as our fall time trips due to the weather, we're very excited and cannot wait to return to the magic.

We are going in 2 weeks. I'm actually very excited about this trip, no worry of booking FP+ around ADRs, low crowds, low waits and our first F&W/F&G festival whatever they're calling it 🤣 We usually go either early June or early August and again in mid-November. We did not have any trips on the books so this is a freshly booked trip. While we usually don't relish in our summer visits as much as our fall time trips due to the weather, we're very excited and cannot wait to return to the magic.

We cancelled our DL trip for the reasons many have mentioned about a diminished experience since DH and myself have only been there once and the kids have never been there. But we rebooked at WDW instead for many of the reasons you mentioned. We are WDW vets so we are much more amenable to all the changes but probably would not go if it was more of a once in a lifetime or once in a blue moon type of trip.

We cancelled our DL trip for the reasons many have mentioned about a diminished experience since DH and myself have only been there once and the kids have never been there. But we rebooked at WDW instead for many of the reasons you mentioned. We are WDW vets so we are much more amenable to all the changes but probably would not go if it was more of a once in a lifetime or once in a blue moon type of trip.

You're exactly right. I couldn't imagine my first ever visit to MK without fireworks and parades but since we've been so much, these missing experiences may be missed a little (mostly missed by me, LOL). Our girls are older and parades have never really been our thing. We can live without fireworks and my girls don't need to meet any characters.

Definitely would not go if this was our first or once in a lifetime trip, but we are ok with these changes and are so excited. When do you head back to WDW? DL is on my short list, never been. We are also doing a split stay since there's no real concern with FP+ or complication of a booked schedule. CBR/Poly. Never stayed at CBR and looking forward to the skyliner.

You're exactly right. I couldn't imagine my first ever visit to MK without fireworks and parades but since we've been so much, these missing experiences may be missed a little (mostly missed by me, LOL). Our girls are older and parades have never really been our thing. We can live without fireworks and my girls don't need to meet any characters.

Definitely would not go if this was our first or once in a lifetime trip, but we are ok with these changes and are so excited. When do you head back to WDW? DL is on my short list, never been. We are also doing a split stay since there's no real concern with FP+ or complication of a booked schedule. CBR/Poly. Never stayed at CBR and looking forward to the skyliner.

We will be there first week of August. We are doing a split stay with Universal to start, then WDW. I will miss the fireworks/evening shows but my family really won't, they just go to make me happy. My kids are THRILLED at no character meet and greets, they only do them to appease me for pictures. I think the distanced character meet and greets/cavalcades are more my families preferred style anyway. I like the randomness of it....like turning a corner and there is Pooh hiding behind a tree! We are just beyond thrilled to go somewhere and have some fun. We have been so restricted in even leaving our home for months now, we all need a mental break. I am looking forward to exploring some of the lands and checking out all the intricate details we don't normally have time or its too busy to see. Can't wait!

We will be there first week of August. We are doing a split stay with Universal to start, then WDW. I will miss the fireworks/evening shows but my family really won't, they just go to make me happy. My kids are THRILLED at no character meet and greets, they only do them to appease me for pictures. I think the distanced character meet and greets/cavalcades are more my families preferred style anyway. I like the randomness of it....like turning a corner and there is Pooh hiding behind a tree! We are just beyond thrilled to go somewhere and have some fun. We have been so restricted in even leaving our home for months now, we all need a mental break. I am looking forward to exploring some of the lands and checking out all the intricate details we don't normally have time or its too busy to see. Can't wait!

Wow, it's like I'm speaking to myself. My girls do not want to do character interactions unless I make them for a family photo so I totally can relate to that and I'm all about the fireworks. Rest of my family tolerates this to also appease me. 100% looking forward to the mental break and relaxation. We did a beach trip back in early June which was very much welcomed but after that it was right back to the chaos of work and now our new chaos which is school; so we need some time away. Going the first full week of August too. Looking forward to a relaxing, warm trip filled with lots of water and mask breaks. Enjoy your trip!!

Still going end of August. First vacation this year. Been working alternating 12 hour shifts with the wife away from home, in separate public service and hospital ICU careers, while learning to become a teacher of our three kids when their schools shut down. Not worried about Covid. Minus the mask, we've always practiced the protocols. We need a break from the stress.

Wow, it's like I'm speaking to myself. My girls do not want to do character interactions unless I make them for a family photo so I totally can relate to that and I'm all about the fireworks. Rest of my family tolerates this to also appease me. 100% looking forward to the mental break and relaxation. We did a beach trip back in early June which was very much welcomed but after that it was right back to the chaos of work and now our new chaos which is school; so we need some time away. Going the first full week of August too. Looking forward to a relaxing, warm trip filled with lots of water and mask breaks. Enjoy your trip!!
Likewise - I could have written this word for word. See you there? I'll be the one wearing the mask.

I agree with putting it off if it’s the first trip or once in a lifetime trip. For us, we know we will be back sometime in the next year to 18 months. We’ll enjoy having a unique experience this time. I’ve lived 3 hrs from Silver Dollar City my whole life, many years of season passes. Last April we went opening weekend and there was a freak snow storm that closed all the rides. It was the first time we ever took the time to go listen to the storytellers, watch all the shows ect. It was such a different experience than we were used to and we really enjoyed it for its uniqueness.

Confession time - who is already packed? <hand raised> Not as crazy as it sounds. I did the Marie Kondo thing to my dresser over the weekend. LONG overdue! It looks amazing now. I went ahead and tossed clothes in a suitcase as long as I had them all out.

BTW - still haven't received my Magic Bands. I can't remember if this is normal? 10 days out now...

Confession time - who is already packed? <hand raised> Not as crazy as it sounds. I did the Marie Kondo thing to my dresser over the weekend. LONG overdue! It looks amazing now. I went ahead and tossed clothes in a suitcase as long as I had them all out.

BTW - still haven't received my Magic Bands. I can't remember if this is normal? 10 days out now...

Our first Disney day is 8/3, but we leave next week for Universal. We got our first set of Magic Bands last Friday (1 Premium, 3 standard). Since we had to do a split stay for our DVC points (but staying in the same resort/room) we get a second set which are also 1 Premium, 3 Standard. I JUST got the notice this morning that they shipped.

Just cancelled. My daughter is there now with a 7 day ticket that we were going to upgrade to a dvc gold annual pass. We had a trip booked in August and one in December. They would not let her upgrade and I am not paying big bucks for 2 more sets of tickets. Off to universal we go.

We leave in 17 days and I can't wait to start packing... The hubby is still not completely on board with going, but I don't see changing my mind now unless WDW shuts down. I think I will probably start this weekend. Always makes it seem more real somehow!! Of course, having to unpack our never-used suitcases for our March Disney cruise was so heartbreaking I can't even think about that...

Got a shipping email from Disney saying my magic bands will be here Friday. We leave for our trip August 21st.

I’ve had a RO reservation booked since Feb. for Aug 2-8. at Pop. After much debating and watching reports from Disney we went ahead and bought our tickets today. We are looking forward to a break from everything and low crowds. This is our 4th time traveling to Disney in early Aug. We are celebrating DD 18th on the 6th. Happy for her to have something special since her Senior year was a bust.

We are booked 8/7 thru 8/21. This is our fourth iteration of the trip that just won't die, LOL! We started with a shorter trip in April and June, then a longer trip in June and a shorter trip in August, then a really long trip in August but dropped a couple of days...and here we are. We are SC residents, APHs, driving, and frankly, although our population isn't the same, we are all part of the same Sun Belt phenomena, so it's either hunker down here, or take our chances at WDW. The risk is about the same if we venture out in the Hilton Head area. We'll be driving down straight thru, staying on property (although we were originally doing a split stay which is now all at CBR), and avoiding DS at night. We are retired, 60 years old, and fully prepared to do the parks in small doses, enjoy the restaurants, and do our best to avoid obvious risks. I can't wait. We live in a gated community and have been living with the restrictions for several months now. I'm looking for 2 weeks of not having to cook or clean. Everything else is gravy!

I’ve had a RO reservation booked since Feb. for Aug 2-8. at Pop. After much debating and watching reports from Disney we went ahead and bought our tickets today. We are looking forward to a break from everything and low crowds. This is our 4th time traveling to Disney in early Aug. We are celebrating DD 18th on the 6th. Happy for her to have something special since her Senior year was a bust.
We arrive August 6th staying at CBR. We have went back and forth on if we should cancel or not.
Finally decided Disney is being safer than our home town!
We are going and I’m excited 😁. It will be so nice to just get away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter