• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2021 - will I be going ?

I'm still holding hope for September but as everyday goes by I become more and more sure it won't happen...

One question I have for everyone is about testing to return home to the UK - I dont see the gov removing this requirement anytime soon but how are people planning to go and risk not being able to get back? I'm trying to work out the logistics of a worst case scenario of what happens if you test positive before your flight home - would it literally just be a case of paying to extend your trip and find a hotel until you test negative? I think its this risk more than anything that will put a stop to my plans even if the US opens the borders! Would love to know everyone's plans for this aspect! (Aware I also need to check if travel insurance covers extended stay but pretty sure it won't!)

To be honest our concerns are more around the US actually letting us in as opposed to anything else. With the news fully vaccinated Brits can visit amber list countries without quarantine on return pretty much ensures that we will go in August/September assuming we are allowed in.

I have to be honest, I hadn't considered your point around what if we test positive whilst there, I guess having had both jabs we just plan on playing the percantages and taking that risk. Maybe not the most sensible move, but we believe that the positives outweigh the potential negative of testing positive whilst away.

I suppose that is easy for us to say though, we travel without kids so don't have the extra pressure of having to manage that situation. I think it will be a really last minute decision, this UK/US 'travel task force' isn't going to come to an agreement over night, and to be honest I don't think there will be any formal agreement announced prior to the 05 August UK government travel update, failing that, I think the following one is around the 28th August.

I am on due to go on the 29th July to chicago. 1st August to Disney. Balance due tomorrow. Am I right in thinking I can move and/or get a full refund

I am on due to go on the 29th July to chicago. 1st August to Disney. Balance due tomorrow. Am I right in thinking I can move and/or get a full refund
Are you talking about flights, Disney, or a package?
How much deposit would you lose if you cancelled now instead of paying the balance?
(If it's only a £50 Disney deposit I'd just kill it and keep all options open until I knew more about the future.)

I'm still holding hope for September but as everyday goes by I become more and more sure it won't happen...

One question I have for everyone is about testing to return home to the UK - I dont see the gov removing this requirement anytime soon but how are people planning to go and risk not being able to get back? I'm trying to work out the logistics of a worst case scenario of what happens if you test positive before your flight home - would it literally just be a case of paying to extend your trip and find a hotel until you test negative? I think its this risk more than anything that will put a stop to my plans even if the US opens the borders! Would love to know everyone's plans for this aspect! (Aware I also need to check if travel insurance covers extended stay but pretty sure it won't!)

This is what I would like to know, not just for our Florida holiday but others we have booked in Europe too. I can't imagine any hotel will allow you to just check in. I'm assuming they have approved ones you must use. How long do you have to stay on it ? A set number of days or until a negative result ( wasn't there some students stuck in Greece quarantine for ages as kept testing positive)

Also when you do your test in UK to fly over there what if just one person tests positive ? Go without them? Do insurance cover and reimburse all travellers / or just the cost of the person who tested positive. . .argghhhh

I think travel will be allowed after 3rd September because that is when schools go back so will stop families with school age kids travelling abroad. They want people spending money here not anywhere else.

I think travel will be allowed after 3rd September because that is when schools go back so will stop families with school age kids travelling abroad. They want people spending money here not anywhere else.
That’s not what I asked. They are nice n the amber list so we can go, which I would.

I want to know when the US will let us in.

I’m also frustrated. I fly back to the states this week. Can as citizen. We have a family trip with my mom in August too who only has German. We are also getting nervous.

I’m also frustrated. I fly back to the states this week. Can as citizen. We have a family trip with my mom in August too who only has German. We are also getting nervous.

I feel your pain! We are in a similarly frustrating situation. My parents were supposed to come over from the UK for daughter's graduation in May last year and obviously it's all up in the air for everyone. I have dual citizenship so tecnhically I could go visit them, but hubby only has US passport and I don't know what the rules are from the UK side about US visitors going in there. I'm assuming similar policies are in place between both countries. Add to that the quarantine when you get there it's just not worth it.

Is your mom comig to the US (hopefully) in August or is your family trip elsewhere?

Something has to give eventually. The US is NEVER going to hit that 70% target, let alone by July. They can't keep everyone locked down forever. Just makes it difficult to plan while we wait for them to decide.

I feel your pain! We are in a similarly frustrating situation. My parents were supposed to come over from the UK for daughter's graduation in May last year and obviously it's all up in the air for everyone. I have dual citizenship so tecnhically I could go visit them, but hubby only has US passport and I don't know what the rules are from the UK side about US visitors going in there. I'm assuming similar policies are in place between both countries. Add to that the quarantine when you get there it's just not worth it.

Is your mom comig to the US (hopefully) in August or is your family trip elsewhere?

Something has to give eventually. The US is NEVER going to hit that 70% target, let alone by July. They can't keep everyone locked down forever. Just makes it difficult to plan while we wait for them to decide.
I reckon you could come to the UK pretty easily.

Flights rebooked as had to postpone family trip last year . Will we be allowed to travel do you thick and Will Disney and Universal be open ? What’s people’s predictions ?
Traveling out 1 Aug 21
It seems a possibility, it’s hanging on the US now.

FCDO have lifted conditions, so all we need now is the US government to agree to allow entry for non essential travel. A step in the right direction!

FCDO have lifted conditions, so all we need now is the US government to agree to allow entry for non essential travel. A step in the right direction!

Good news for sure, but I'm not convinced Johnsons latest 'freedom day' plans for the 19th July will have other countries in any hurry to let us in 🤦🏻

Good news for sure, but I'm not convinced Johnsons latest 'freedom day' plans for the 19th July will have other countries in any hurry to let us in 🤦🏻
Yes, I keep seeing news reports that mention we are the first country to do 'this' and others will be watching closely *, so I think it will be at least September before the results are sufficiently clear.

( * Boris did say we'll be world leaders after Brexit, so I suppose we can't complain :crazy2: :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter