*August 2024 Check-in Thread*

Just wanted to give a little update. Decided to do a split stay, Disneyland Hotel and Homewood Suites.
Nice! We just stayed in the Villas side of Disneyland Hotel last month. It was wonderful. I highly recommend checking out the cool mural in the new tower if you haven't already done so (actually, all the towers are worth checking out).

The DVC pool is also open to all DLH hotel guests and has a great Steam Boat Willie splash pad. Even if you don't have any kids with you, it's still cool to check out for the adults (the view below was from our room 😊)
IMG20240130171411.jpg

So-somewhat tentatively-count us in. We used DVC points to grab a studio at VDH from the 26-30. My 14 year old son finally has a chance to bring a friend-his older sisters have done that several times-and now that he decided not to play football because he doesn’t have “generational talent” 😂😂😂 August is free. My middle daughter is starting college so the tentative part of this is based on when whatever school she selects start, when we have to move her, etc. One of her top choices is Redlands which is near DL.

So-somewhat tentatively-count us in. We used DVC points to grab a studio at VDH from the 26-30. My 14 year old son finally has a chance to bring a friend-his older sisters have done that several times-and now that he decided not to play football because he doesn’t have “generational talent” 😂😂😂 August is free. My middle daughter is starting college so the tentative part of this is based on when whatever school she selects start, when we have to move her, etc. One of her top choices is Redlands which is near DL.
Hey, same dates as me!

Fingers crossed it works out. Sounds like it would be a fun time for the 14 year old, being able to have a friend tag along. And best of luck to your daughter starting up school soon (wherever she chooses)! 🙂

Last edited:
I will be at the Disneyland Resort for my August 2024 vacation. Staying at the GCH Woods Courtyard View from Tuesday, August 20 through Wednesday, August 28th! Celebrating my birthday and so happy Halloweentime begins on Friday August 23rd! Now I just want Oogie Boogie tickets!! Please add me to the list @StarlitNight05

I was supposed to be there August 11 to 17 until JetBlue cancelled my flights out from under me with absolutely no recourse or alternative itinerary. And now of course the Amex points that I transferred into TrueBlue are stuck in TrueBlue, so off to Orlando I go.

I will be at the Disneyland Resort for my August 2024 vacation. Staying at the GCH Woods Courtyard View from Tuesday, August 20 through Wednesday, August 28th! Celebrating my birthday and so happy Halloweentime begins on Friday August 23rd! Now I just want Oogie Boogie tickets!! Please add me to the list @StarlitNight05
I've added you! Welcome! I know for a fact you'll keep us up-to-date on the August refurbs (fingers crossed there are very few) 😊

I am also anxiously awaiting OBB tickets. I need to lookup when they went on sale last year. I think it was June? We haven't been to OBB, only the Mickey's version (the name is escaping me) when it was held at Disneyland. We love DCA at night, so adding Halloween festivities sounds amazing!

I've added you! Welcome! I know for a fact you'll keep us up-to-date on the August refurbs (fingers crossed there are very few) 😊

I am also anxiously awaiting OBB tickets. I need to lookup when they went on sale last year. I think it was June? We haven't been to OBB, only the Mickey's version (the name is escaping me) when it was held at Disneyland. We love DCA at night, so adding Halloween festivities sounds amazing!
Yes! I will be monitoring refurbs very closely for August and evey month as I normally do. I have not been to DIsneyland for Halloween since my October 2016 and I went to the Halloween Party at Disneyland.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lia-sept-1-plus-2023-oogie-boogie-bash-dates/

Information on the sale and dates was made available on 5/31/23. Tickets went on sale on June 29! So I expect the same!

DCA is great at night!

Joining in! I am awaiting D23 Expo info release, so I will know my exact stay dates once the details are released. I am kind of bummed that the Expo has been moved from September to August. Visiting a Disney park while it is decorated for Halloween is a cornerstone of my year – so that’s out because it will be too early. Plus, it will be hotter in August. But I’m sure D23 will put together an amazing schedule that will assuage my petty disappointments!

Joining in! I am awaiting D23 Expo info release, so I will know my exact stay dates once the details are released. I am kind of bummed that the Expo has been moved from September to August. Visiting a Disney park while it is decorated for Halloween is a cornerstone of my year – so that’s out because it will be too early. Plus, it will be hotter in August. But I’m sure D23 will put together an amazing schedule that will assuage my petty disappointments!
Welcome! Adding you for the beginning of August and I'll update once you can pick dates. I'm sure D23 will be awesome!

Is anyone thinking of dining reservations yet? I know we have a ways off for when we can book, but dining is one of my favorite aspects 😁

I'm thinking Blue Bayou for sure. Also Cathay Circle Alfresco Lounge. The other I am considering that I have never done is Napa Rose. But not sure if I need a third!

Is anyone thinking of dining reservations yet? I know we have a ways off for when we can book, but dining is one of my favorite aspects 😁

I'm thinking Blue Bayou for sure. Also Cathay Circle Alfresco Lounge. The other I am considering that I have never done is Napa Rose. But not sure if I need a third!
Blue Bayou at least twice. I always do Carnation Cafe...I may do Carthay. Napa Rose Chef Counter I was thinking...I did not do it last tome.

Looking forward to my August trip!! Halloween Time begins August 23rd!!
Me too! I'm so very excited to catch Halloween.

Are you planning on going to any OBB parties during your trip? I'm hoping for one on our first park day. It seems like they are usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday based off previous years.

Me too! I'm so very excited to catch Halloween.

Are you planning on going to any OBB parties during your trip? I'm hoping for one on our first park day. It seems like they are usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday based off previous years.
I plan to TRY to get tickets for an OBB party during my stay.

Hi! Lurker here...going to try DL for my birthday this year. Have been to WDW about 10x, but never DL.
I will be going Aug 14-18 with my DS (13).
I am undecided on a hotel- I think the on property ones are out of my budget. The super close ones on Harbor are tempting but definitely expensive for what you get. JW Marriott is on a great sale through a popular travel agency but I hate the idea of being fairly faraway. Same with Westin- I've heard it is a 20 min walk which doesn't sound great to me. Any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter