• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

Then welcome to our FE list Kelsey!
I kind of figured that was your name from your screen name. ;)
And you are just in time. I am closing the FE lists in 13 minutes. :rotfl2:

FE participants list!
mizzkellzee
doodledaisy
mcd2745
minnie mad mum
Sporty
NoWorriesMate
Belleluvswdw
STLUCIELADY
krazy4crusing
dismiss
socababy
socababy's friends
michelle9343
dizneeat

:fish: FE participants list with details :fish:

YAY!!! :cool1:

Hahaha I made up this username YEARS ago and I just kind of use it now for any boards and such lol!

Sounds good I will come up with some pretty creative ideas ;)... So usually a gift per person in each stateroom per day?

Hahaha I made up this username YEARS ago and I just kind of use it now for any boards and such lol!

Sounds good I will come up with some pretty creative ideas ;)... So usually a gift per person in each stateroom per day?

Kelsey, I think a gift per person per stateroom could be a bit much. ;)
Yes, we do it, but we work on those gifts all year long and they are small and home made, but you do not have to do so.
We have had gifts given once and gifts given twice or more often by people. It really depends on what you feel comfortable with.
If you want to drop off candy every day - perfect! If you want to give a bigger gift once - perfect as well.

klein_711.jpg

This is SOME of the loot we got in 2009. Was the first photo I came across searching right now.

The list for the Fish Extender Exchange is now officially closed!​

I have updated as far as I had information. Those who have not gotten their stateroom assignement yet, would you please let me know as soon as you do. :goodvibes

Tom has made a decklist (diagrams of the decks) where he marked the staterooms of everyone participating (as far as we know the numbers ;)) so you will find your way around the ship a little easier).
He will finish it this afternoon and we will then post the link to it.

Please check both lists for mistakes (we do our best, but mistakes happen. ;)).
Thank you for taking part in this fun experience.

FE participants list!
mizzkellzee
doodledaisy
mcd2745
minnie mad mum
Sporty
NoWorriesMate
Belleluvswdw
STLUCIELADY
krazy4crusing
dismiss
socababy
socababy's friends
michelle9343
dizneeat

:fish: FE participants list with details :fish:

Kelsey, I think a gift per person per stateroom could be a bit much. ;)
Yes, we do it, but we work on those gifts all year long and they are small and home made, but you do not have to do so.
We have had gifts given once and gifts given twice or more often by people. It really depends on what you feel comfortable with.
If you want to drop off candy every day - perfect! If you want to give a bigger gift once - perfect as well.

klein_711.jpg

This is SOME of the loot we got in 2009. Was the first photo I came across searching right now.

OH MY GOODNESS! That is AMAZING!!!!! Haha alright sounds good I have a better idea now :D! SO EXCITED... can the next 3 weeks please fly by?!?!?!

OH MY GOODNESS! That is AMAZING!!!!! Haha alright sounds good I have a better idea now :D! SO EXCITED... can the next 3 weeks please fly by?!?!?!

Well, I have nothing against the next week and a half flying by, but I do NOT want my vacation to just zip by. :lmao:
Let's just put it this way - fly by for you, crawl by for me. ;)

Well, I have nothing against the next week and a half flying by, but I do NOT want my vacation to just zip by. :lmao:
Let's just put it this way - fly by for you, crawl by for me. ;)

Oh I don't want my vacation to fly by either hahaha crawl for me too please :D!

Do people also decorate their stateroom doors? I thought I read that somewhere!

Oh I don't want my vacation to fly by either hahaha crawl for me too please :D!

Do people also decorate their stateroom doors? I thought I read that somewhere!

YES, they do ...... another bit of extra fun!!!!!

Here's our door from our February 2012 sailing on the DREAM. ;)

DSC_0875.jpg

So bring a few magnets (we make our own, printing on magnetic paper) - only magnets are allowed - NO sticking anything on the doors. ;)

YES, they do ...... another bit of extra fun!!!!!

Here's our door from our February 2012 sailing on the DREAM. ;)

DSC_0875.jpg

So bring a few magnets (we make our own, printing on magnetic paper) - only magnets are allowed - NO sticking anything on the doors. ;)

Once again that is amazing!!! Definitely will do :)!

Oh no I'm trying to figure out where to get a fish extender from... I found a bunch I like on etsy and ebay but getting it in time I'm worried about :(

Once again that is amazing!!! Definitely will do :)!

Oh no I'm trying to figure out where to get a fish extender from... I found a bunch I like on etsy and ebay but getting it in time I'm worried about :(

I have no experience with ordering them, but most people do.
I make my own Fish Extenders. ;)
You could try and find a cheap organizer and just decorate it or ......

since you will be the only one in your stateroom participating, why not use a regular fabric carrier bag and decorate it a bit. We have seen a few of those in our cruising days too. ;) :goodvibes

Hi all

The podcast did a review of the Disney Dream in Feb 2011 when it was first put into service.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives-2011.htm

Scroll right down to Feb 9th 2011 and the review is in part 2. The show notes are useful as well, I don't know if some of you are aware you can lookup (if you know it) your stateroom and see reviews? I don't think there are any 'bad' ones. The one we had on the Wonder people had complained of 'bumps' in the night but we had never experienced anything.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/disney-dream-room-reports.cfm

also there is a link to the wave phone manual if you want to get an idea of how they work.

This thread really picked up "speed" in the last few days/weeks. :goodvibes Really enjoying the chatter.
I got your PM an will add you to the FE lists right away - you really waited until the last minute. ;)

And we can finally say - We are sailing THIS month!!!!!!!!

Hi Jamie!
Welcome to the DISboards, welcome to our cruise thread and welcome to the FE exchange! :goodvibes

You are really going to enjoy DCL. There is so much to see and do that 5 days will seem to be far too short. :thumbsup2
You are right on time for the FE exchange. I added you to the lists and will be delighted to answer any questions you might have. What spacifics do you need? I guess after researching it, you know how it works and if there is something not quite clear, just let me know.
Please let me know your stateroom number once you know it, hopefully before Aug10, as we leave on vacation early on the 11th and I don't know how many chances I will get to get on the internet once we are travelling.

NO!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN!!!!!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

FE participants list!
doodledaisy
mcd2745
minnie mad mum
Sporty
NoWorriesMate
Belleluvswdw
STLUCIELADY
krazy4crusing
dismiss
socababy
socababy's friends
michelle9343
dizneeat

Thank you so very much...my family and I are so very excited. Yes, after searching the boards I have gained a lot of info on the FE exchange, now I must get going on my gifts!!! I will let you know my stateroom number hopefully later today. Thanks again :)

Thank you so very much...my family and I are so very excited. Yes, after searching the boards I have gained a lot of info on the FE exchange, now I must get going on my gifts!!! I will let you know my stateroom number hopefully later today. Thanks again :)

When I called Disney to book the cruise they told me I would only find out 7 days before sailing :(... did she tell me false info?

What excursions is everyone doing :)?

I'm thinking of booking the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure for the 1st time we visit Castaway Cay :) (on Saturday August 25)... anyone else doing this :)?

We are !! We have the 9:00am time. We have done it twice before and my DD really enjoyed. This will be my sisters first cruise and she really wanted give it a try!!

WOW what a busy little group the past two days!!! I was so surprised when I saw how much the FE grew!!!!

We have been going through some really difficult times and last week I was getting really worried we would not make the cruise. My DH , Vito, hurt his back saving my DD, Angelina, from taking a really bad fall. It happened almost a month and a half ago, the day before Angelinas surgery. Anyway after weeks of going to the chiroprator he kept getting worse. He finally went for an MRI and he has three bulging disc that are compressing his spinal coard!His pain has been so out of control it was really scarey.
He ending up starting epidural injection of steroids yesterday.
We own our own business and when Vito doesn't work it not only effects our household it effects the business.
Today he is feeling a little better and he has assured me we will be able to cruise. Now if I can just keep Angelina healthy :littleangel:
On a good note I finished my Fish extender and magnets yesterday!!!

WOW what a busy little group the past two days!!! I was so surprised when I saw how much the FE grew!!!!

We have been going through some really difficult times and last week I was getting really worried we would not make the cruise. My DH , Vito, hurt his back saving my DD, Angelina, from taking a really bad fall. It happened almost a month and a half ago, the day before Angelinas surgery. Anyway after weeks of going to the chiroprator he kept getting worse. He finally went for an MRI and he has three bulging disc that are compressing his spinal coard!His pain has been so out of control it was really scarey.
He ending up starting epidural injection of steroids yesterday.
We own our own business and when Vito doesn't work it not only effects our household it effects the business.
Today he is feeling a little better and he has assured me we will be able to cruise. Now if I can just keep Angelina healthy :littleangel:
On a good note I finished my Fish extender and magnets yesterday!!!

Oh noooo!!! Are they okay?! Are you all able to come still?

Oh noooo!!! Are they okay?! Are you all able to come still?

As of this min with out a doubt I plan on being on the DREAM. We booked this cruise almost two years ago.
My DD is really doing well. She is disabled and has had many surgeries in her life. This was on wasn't to bad it was sinus surgery. My poor DH plans on being 100% better so we are praying ALOT!!!.

hi Kelsey, we are doing 1 gift each per day for children and i gift per couple for adults per day.
we have had lots of fun making gifts at home, i can't say what, as don't want to spoil the surprise for fellow cruisers and yourself but there are lots of ideas on these threads i found another 2 threads about fe gifts i can try and post them for you if it helps.
and you can always private message me and i can show you show pics of he childrens gifts.
we are so excited. sarah

oh no Michelle 9343, we will keep our fingers crossed and both your DD and DH will be in our prayers too. we hope to see you on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter