August Dilemma

What should we do/what would you do?

• Keep Oct/Nov 19 nights at BLT, pay for Swan/Dolphin in August

• Move 5 nights to BRV in Aug

• Move 5 nights to SSR in Aug

• Move 5 nights to OKW in Aug

• Move 5 nights to AKL in Aug

• Other? Maybe we’re overlooking something?

• Move 5 to BLT in Aug (3 in studio, 2 in 1 bdrm) while only having to cancel 4 in Oct/Nov

Results are only viewable after voting.

DVCRSheridan

Disney Ohana
So we’re having a bit of a dilemma.... we currently have 19 nights booked in a 1 bdrm @ BLT in Oct/Nov. We’ve now gotten the itch to add a shorter August trip as well, but with the borrowing restriction we’re tapped out on points for the year. We’re torn if we want to move 5 nights from Oct/Nov to August or if we wanna keep Oct/Nov as is and pay a few thousand to stay at Swan/Dolphin for 5 nights in August. (Trust me, we know we’re blessed that something like this is a “dilemma” for us!) We haven’t been in almost 2 years bc of everything going on and we just can’t wait to get the kiddos (4y, 2y, 3mo) back there! So hit up the poll and share your thoughts! Hope everyone’s doing well, have a great week!

Last edited:
I'd shorten the Oct/Nov trip. I know it sounds amazing but two full weeks is also incredible plus you get two trips that way. I'd be happy with any of the resorts but chose AKV for the kids.

I'd shorten the Oct/Nov trip. I know it sounds amazing but two full weeks is also incredible plus you get two trips that way. I'd be happy with any of the resorts but chose AKV for the kids.

I agree with this. I'd choose either AKV or BRV for an August trip since the buildings are enclosed. Saratoga's campus is just too sprawling for me for the August heat, although they do have several pools, including two with slides. They also have that proximity to Disney Springs for far more dining options than what you'll find at AKV.

I agree with this. I'd choose either AKV or BRV for an August trip since the buildings are enclosed. Saratoga's campus is just too sprawling for me for the August heat, although they do have several pools, including two with slides. They also have that proximity to Disney Springs for far more dining options than what you'll find at AKV.

Yea that’s our main holdup with Saratoga. We like it, but it’s a lot of walking for mid-August heat. Especially with 3 little ones.

I was one of the Swolphin votes. We often stay at Swolphin if we don’t have points readily available. The cash rates there are quite reasonable, and you have walking access to EP, HS and the BW area, good pools and amenities. And - you don’t have to shorten your fall trip. My kids now are in school schedules and with your oldest at 4, this is probably the last year you can easily take that much time off, so I would enjoy it while I could!

The Swan is a shorter walk to everything, but the rooms appear to be slightly smaller in square footage. Having stayed in both, however, the Swan rooms feel larger, and I like the hotel better overall because it is smaller and easier to get around. We have elite status with Marriott (I used to travel a LOT in my last job), so our room views at the Swan have generally been pretty spectacular - either HS (and Tower of Terror) or the lit up palm trees and friendship boat dock. Also the bathroom setup at Swan is better - 2 sinks and a larger storage closet that’s out of the way, especially if you have a double stroller.

I was one of the Swolphin votes. We often stay at Swolphin if we don’t have points readily available. The cash rates there are quite reasonable, and you have walking access to EP, HS and the BW area, good pools and amenities. And - you don’t have to shorten your fall trip. My kids now are in school schedules and with your oldest at 4, this is probably the last year you can easily take that much time off, so I would enjoy it while I could!

The Swan is a shorter walk to everything, but the rooms appear to be slightly smaller in square footage. Having stayed in both, however, the Swan rooms feel larger, and I like the hotel better overall because it is smaller and easier to get around. We have elite status with Marriott (I used to travel a LOT in my last job), so our room views at the Swan have generally been pretty spectacular - either HS (and Tower of Terror) or the lit up palm trees and friendship boat dock. Also the bathroom setup at Swan is better - 2 sinks and a larger storage closet that’s out of the way, especially if you have a double stroller.

We’re really intrigued by Swolphin, especially Swan. We’re slightly nervous about room size, but it looks like the “Deluxe Alcove” rooms they have might work for us. And the prices do seem very reasonable considering the location and what not ( I doubt their actual suites would be affordable lol). We usually stay at Boardwalk Villas, so being able to stay in that area is a big plus for us. Being able to walk or boat to 2 parks with the 3 little ones is huge for us.

I voted for keep all 19 days and pay for Swolphin. But a very close second would be to move 5 nights to BRV. You can take a boat to MK (if you get the 'big' boat, you won't have to fold up the stroller). I like the splash pad area here for the littles. The DVC quiet pool has a zero entry on one side, so that's another plus with the littles. I also really like the food options there. If you get the urge to eat somewhere else, you can always go to MK and get on the monorail and eat at one of the monorail resorts.

I like the Swolfin for so many reasons. Lots of food options between them and the boardwalk area. Good pools. Walk or boat to 2 parks. The Boardwalk Ice Cream shop is now open!!!! You can hop the skyliner for a non-park ride. I love taking the skyliner from CBR to AoA/Pop. I love looking at the larger-than-life decorations at both of those resorts from the skyliner. The "down-side" do this resort is you will have to arrange your own airport transportation. Which isn't the end of the world. Just one more thing you need to add to your to-do list for the trip. And, perhaps for this trip, you stick to HS and EP and non-park days. Then you don't have to worry about lugging the stroller on the bus to the other parks. You know you will be down there again in no time, at a place that is right next door to MK, so you could wait for that trip to take in all of the MK magic. pixiedust:

Good luck with your decision! You really can't go wrong with any of the options...well except maybe the one where you try to put all of you in a BLT studio. I feel cramped in those with just me and DH! LOL!!!

I've been stalking August and a whole bunch of Poly standard view rooms opened up for much of the month today. So if I were you I'd move those 5 days ASAP and snag the poly before it books up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter