August help

bwmmfan

Mouseketeer
We are in the midst of planning our 4th Disney trip. We have started a family tradition of visiting on family members birthday week. Well the next birthday month to visit is August. I am so nervous about this. Everything I read on here says the heat and crowds are just too much. Please DIS friends help ease my mind that an August trip is doable. I just want a little boys birthday to be a fun trip.

August is VERY doable! :thumbsup2 We have went in August many times. Yes, it is very hot and humid. Start out early, and take a midday break at the pool. Utilize the am EMH. If you're not early birds, take advantage of pm EMH. sometimes the first part is crowded but once it hits ~1am it's practically empty and the temperature is perfection!

Keep water with you and make sure you don't forget to eat. and trust me, those midday breaks work wonders :upsidedow

It is totally doable if you are prepared. I hate the summer time and the heat and humidity! And I survived a 2 week trip last August. My best advice for you is to definitely get up early and do the emh at the parks. You can get so much done if you are prepared and know what you need to hit. Every park day we did an emh park. We always left by noon usually. Did lunch and then went back to the resort and did pool time for a couple of hours. We then usually rested up before our dinner plans. After dinner we would hit the park w/ emh for the night. It is best to avoid the mid day sun in the parks. Be prepared for the rain at any time. It usually feels great while it is raining, but afterwards is no good. It will be super humid. Walk through shops as much as possible for the a/c. Drink lots of water. And make sure your family understands it will be hot. But you will all survive if you stick to a plan. Good luck!

Summer months are completely doable if you plan well. We usually go in June and August - depending on when in August you go - the crowds will decrease later in August as Orlando area schools are back in session. Make your ADRs at the 180 day mark especially if you are planning to go during free dining. And make certain to schedule breaks throughout the day either in a nice cool airconditioned show (Hall of Presidents, Carosel of Progress, Sounds Dangerous...) or back at your resort pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter