August - Lighter crowds

ckret01

DIS Veteran
I noticed this summer that people were posting lighter wait times/crowds in August, I guess when Florida schools went back in session. I am curious if anyone knows around what dates that might have happened.

We checked in on 8/13 and crowds were way lower than when we were there in June- when capacity was still restricted. I read an article that it was a little earlier than expected. There is normally a drop in crowds 2-3 weeks before Labor Day.

We checked in on 8/26 and we saw lighter crowds everywhere. Food options we easy to change, no lines for buses, no waits for rides, never once shared a hotel elevator with another person.

I noticed this summer that people were posting lighter wait times/crowds in August, I guess when Florida schools went back in session. I am curious if anyone knows around what dates that might have happened.

We were there the week of 8/15 and while 8/15 (Sunday) was busy, crowds got lighter during the week. We tend to go at the end of August but my son's marching band schedule made that harder this year. I would have preferred to go the week of 8/22.

Crowds really disappear starting mid-August. We always go in late August and especially this year, weekday crowds were almost non-existent. FOP has a 35 minute wait. Everest was a walk-on.
Problem is....it's HOT!

Thanks everyone! I may go next August around the 9th for a week and was trying to figure out how bad the crowds would be since I have never been during august before. I appreciate your help :)

Concern over Delta also contributed, plus a lot of people are delaying trips until the 50th celebrations start.

Also it's normally a good time for UK / overseas visitors as some UK schools haven't gone back yet while some US schools have. Obviously that crowd isn't there this year.

I was just there for the first week of September. Everything was literally a walk on in every park.

FoP literally had a CM stopping people as they exited to direct people to a shortcut if they wanted to ride again immediately and not walk through the entire queue.

We checked in 8/22 and everything on 8/23 at AK was a walk on even FOP! HS was the busiest park BOTH days- slinky was the longest wait at 45 minutes. MK Jungle cruise was the a 40 min wait. Peter pan said 40 but I bet it was more like 20 Epcot everything was walk on except Frozen with a 15 min wait!

We were there 8/3-8/12 and it was very busy. Most rides had 45-60 minute waits or longer. Two days after we got home pretty much everything was a walk-on. Figures. 😒

We were there 8/3-8/12 and it was very busy. Most rides had 45-60 minute waits or longer. Two days after we got home pretty much everything was a walk-on. Figures. 😒

I think with the dates I am going with next august (8/9-8/15) I will be in the same boat as you and it will still be busy when I'm there and lighten up when i leave lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter