• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August/September Disneyers...let's get in shape for our trip!!

I was worried because I was lazy again yesterday after suggesting the 60 minutes thing. But today I have already gone for a 35 minute fast walk (no more jogging for me since my back thing this summer) and weeded the garden. The garden took awhile but I wouldn't call it hard exercise so I'm only going to log 5 minutes for that. So my grand total so far: 40 minutes! Now 20 minutes by Tuesday sounds easy.

I totally wouldn't have done the walk today if it wasn't for the fact that I felt accountable to all of you (would have wanted to sit on the computer eating cereal all morning), so THANK YOU for being there!

Hey all!! I'm finally getting back on the wagon...boy that took longer than I thought. Mom and I got back from Disney just over 3 weeks ago, and it just took a lot to get motivated and start eating healthy again. I gained 3 pounds over my trip, not too bad considering I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it...but I think I would have gained more if I didn't portion control some of my meals, lol.

Anyway, weighed in yesterday and lost 1 of those 3 pounds, and I joined "the no judgement zone" gym the other day!! So far so good...I just keep telling myself that I can do this, and that it's for my future...I want to get healthy!!

Yes YOU CAN do it!!! We're all here for ya!

Got the rest of the WDW photos into photobucket. Here are a few.
Disney2011222.jpg

My Husband, Daughter and Dad

Disney2011156.jpg

DD and DS

Disney2011257.jpg

Grandma and Grandpa and kids

:wizard: Okay...60 mins by Tuesday should be doable! I didn't do any exercise today....cleaned like mad for a house showing and then went shopping....I'm planning on walking tomorrow and Monday...I started my portion control plan for dinners tonight. No more bowls of food on the table. Plates are going to be filled with food and served restaurant style so there won't be any temptation for second helpings! Now I need to find my WW food scale and really measure my servings. I'm actually starting to feel a little more hopeful. I need to go on Amazon and order a good digital scale tonight. The one I have isn't digital and if I lean one way or the other I can change my weight!! I'm only cheating myself but I need one firm number to start with!
Good luck everyone with the 60 mins! We're on a roll now! :banana:

My scale is broken. No, really! Hahaha, I think the battery is going dead or something. I get on, it tells me I've gained 10 pounds, then blinks and I've lost 30 pounds, then I weigh only 25 pounds, then it says Err hahaha. I guess I should get that fixed!
No real exercise to speak of yet. DH and I are both home all day today so we'll probably go for a good walk.

Okay I went for a walk tonight a did 2 miles. I will count that as 25 minutes.
Good start! And thanks for posting pics! They're great!
:wizard: Okay...60 mins by Tuesday should be doable! I didn't do any exercise today....cleaned like mad for a house showing and then went shopping....I'm planning on walking tomorrow and Monday...I started my portion control plan for dinners tonight. No more bowls of food on the table. Plates are going to be filled with food and served restaurant style so there won't be any temptation for second helpings! Now I need to find my WW food scale and really measure my servings. I'm actually starting to feel a little more hopeful. I need to go on Amazon and order a good digital scale tonight. The one I have isn't digital and if I lean one way or the other I can change my weight!! I'm only cheating myself but I need one firm number to start with!
Good luck everyone with the 60 mins! We're on a roll now! :banana:
Portion control is key! I haven't been doing it. But am going to start, too!
My scale is broken. No, really! Hahaha, I think the battery is going dead or something. I get on, it tells me I've gained 10 pounds, then blinks and I've lost 30 pounds, then I weigh only 25 pounds, then it says Err hahaha. I guess I should get that fixed!
No real exercise to speak of yet. DH and I are both home all day today so we'll probably go for a good walk.
You could do a 60 minute fast hike with your DH today and be done! And ya, I think it's time for a new scale!:laughing:

Just finished 20 minutes on the gazelle glider... I hate to say it's been a bad weekend. Our airline is striking and our trip is in danger and I'm feeling awfully depressed. We've been on the phone fighting with everyone. Not a good excuse I know, so I'm trying to work through it.

Wendy, that's a fine excuse, for real. You have so much to deal with! I've been reading your PTR and I can't believe what you are going through! :grouphug:

Well I haven't updated on this thread since I got back.

I made it, no cardiac epsiodes!! My stamina kept up with me. Of course there were times I needed to sit down, but mostly because I was overheated.

I have gained weight since I got back. It is almost that time though, so I usually gain a bit.

Keep up the motivation and :yay:exercising:yay: everyone!:grouphug:

I made it, no cardiac epsiodes!! My stamina kept up with me. Of course there were times I needed to sit down, but mostly because I was overheated.

I have gained weight since I got back. It is almost that time though, so I usually gain a bit.

The heat can get to anyone. Glad to here your stamina was there for you:) I think everyone has gained a bit since WDW. But, we are here to get it back off.

My DD and I walked 3 miles tonight. That make a total of 75 minutes for our challenge.:yay: I really did not want to walk tonight but I just had to keep my word to all of you. It is almost 8 pm and dark here in Michigan. Autumn is clearly here and I miss summer:sad2: I wouldn't mind fall if winter wasn't right around the corner.

:wizard: I did it!!! :banana: Walked 60 mins and lifted my hand weights (arms) for 10 mins! I really didn't feel like walking yesterday or today but had to do my 60 mins by today....thanks for the motivation! What's next?

Welcome back! Glad you felt good on your trip!

My DD and I walked 3 miles tonight. That make a total of 75 minutes for our challenge.:yay: I really did not want to walk tonight but I just had to keep my word to all of you. It is almost 8 pm and dark here in Michigan. Autumn is clearly here and I miss summer:sad2: I wouldn't mind fall if winter wasn't right around the corner.
I hear ya! Yay for the 75 minutes. I did only 55 total! (15 minutes of dancing, chasing and wrestling with my son Monday night - we both worked up a sweat.) I can't believe I didn't complete my own challenge!

:wizard: I did it!!! :banana: Walked 60 mins and lifted my hand weights (arms) for 10 mins! I really didn't feel like walking yesterday or today but had to do my 60 mins by today....thanks for the motivation! What's next?

Yay for meeting the goal. I feel silly that I fell short and it was my own initiative. Can we try again?

Does anyone else want to propose a challenge? Maybe I'll feel more compelled if you tell me what I have to do!:)

Who wants to try 3 servings of vegetables a day for the next 5 days. I always have trouble getting enough veggies in each day. Peas and corn do not count!!!! I am talking real veggies, brocolli, lettuce, cucumbers etc.....

Who wants to try 3 servings of vegetables a day for the next 5 days. I always have trouble getting enough veggies in each day. Peas and corn do not count!!!! I am talking real veggies, brocolli, lettuce, cucumbers etc.....

I'm with you!!! I have switched my diet to 75% fruits & veggies!!!!!

With apple season here I have been making home made applesauce. Just apples and a splash of water. Cinnamon on top and it's yummy.

This morning I made peach sauce (same way) and had it w/ fat free cottage cheese.

My Zumba came in the mail today. I have no idea how to hook it up. It'll have to wait until hubby comes home from Boston.

Keep up the good work gang......I'm at a plateau and would love some chocolate:scared1:

I'm afraid I didn't meet the last goal and can't promise anything for this one... I leave in 21.5 hours! Who knows what I'll be eating in the airports? Hahaha, but I'll promise to try to choose healthier choices if they are available. :)

I'm afraid I didn't meet the last goal and can't promise anything for this one... I leave in 21.5 hours! Who knows what I'll be eating in the airports? Hahaha, but I'll promise to try to choose healthier choices if they are available. :)

Have a great time & take pictures!!!!

What a crazy week! I haven't been able to get on the computer much. I forgot how busy the fall is for us teachers. So much to do, meetings, etc.

I'm a little late about the veggies (great idea Cathy!) but I think I've been doing it without even knowing about it. Even though my eating hasn't been the greatest (too many evening snacks), I still have my huge spinach salad for lunch everyday. Then we always have some sort of veg with dinner (setting good examples for the kids). All together, that counts as three servings!

Wendy - hope you are having the most amazing time on your trip!!!

How's everyone else doing on the veggies? My weight is still stuck (my own fault, though) at between 177 and 178. I desperately need to get back on track!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter